The THP Event Rules Thread - Bring On The Fun

yup, that's me, in OC last year I was playing with Brett (Golf4Life) and was calling him Brian the whole round, until Chris (PGG) told me I had the wrong name :banghead:
With that smooth French Canadian accent of yours, I can't imagine Brett and Brian sounding any different…

With that smooth French Canadian accent of yours, I can't imagine Brett and Brian sounding any different…

I'm not sure if this is nice or mean....

I didn't read every post, so I add that a bloody mary or screw driver must be had on the first tee. Especially before 9am.

There's a force in the universe that makes things happen, and all you have to do is get in touch with it, let things happen and, be the ball.

Wherever you are, you should try to enjoy the local cuisine...or as I found out..."James, get the Fish Tacos, we all had the fish tacos before you got here...he (to our waitress) needs some fish Tacos." Soooo, I got the Fish Tacos, and they were great!

Gotta love the Team peer pressure, it was usually for the best, sometimes, mostly.

Don't sweat it if you duff your drive on the first tee in front of everybody. You'll actually be in an elite group of great people, most of whom are phenomenal golfers. I've watched someone duff one, take a breakfast ball, and do it again. Then go out and kill the course. The good thing about seeing it is it takes the pressure off of you too.

Love THP events and meeting incredible people.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

THP Events- Where friends meet for fun and a golf game breaks out.

Nah dude, I've just been crazy busy at work, selling my old house, buying my new house, moving, and getting engaged. Real life comes before THP...I haven't even touched my clubs other than to move them to the new house.

I'll be honoring my bet but might not be until the fall once my work travel slows down and I get through the three weddings I have to go to.

Did mikedean ever tell me his shirt size? mikedean...PM me your shirt size...not part of the official bet but I am trying to get something for you I think you'll like.

meh, seems like weak excuses at best :bananadance:

Make sure you put yourself out there and talk to as many people as possible. Even if it's just an introduction, see as many people as possible. Not only does it help you meet people and enjoy the time at the event, but it also helps keep and build friendships after the event here on the forum. It's a lot easier to talk, chat, etc...in the forum with someone you can now personally relate to knowing.

Dan

JB will let you borrow his wedding ring(when in Vegas) to let you play a joke on your SO. With Morgan's help.

Warning..can cause a long conversation when you arrive back home.

So hugging or hand shaking with JB? I need to write this down for August.

I propose
TOUCHDOWN2-popup.jpg

If Atl (Seth) pulls the 5w out, just tell him to pick up his ball.

If you shank your tee shot and there's a camera on you, pose like you striped it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have yet to attend an event but I think this is a good one.

If you are attending Lita do not bring super glue.

Another rule:

If you're planning to drive down from Canada for an event in May, keep the winter tires on your car!

oh and maybe the second most important of all, no weather talk!

With an event coming up this weekend, I thought this was a good time to bring this one back up.

I'm not sure it was stated before, or is a true rule, but...
Do your best to stay at the hotel where the other THP'ers are staying.

I agree with all of the commandments as well as the additions.

The main thing is that you took all the steps to get there, now do as much as possible to experience all you can. Don't be shy. Just jump in the mix and enjoy the fun.

This one is for Greggdrews. After getting in the car to head out for the event, leave car in Park and go through the checklist of what bags are supposed to be in the car when you leave home. You will find that will save you money (and plenty of ribbing ) when you get to the destination with ALL of your bags. Lol

Dev made a post in the banter thread that reminded me to bump this.
THP Event this weekend.

This is especially true if you're playing with MikeG and I. Come prepared to listen to 4 hours of Rick Ross, Tupac, Biggie, Dre, etc.

Here are a couple of rules I've come up with:
- The internet is the internet and 99% of the time your perception of someone as "jerk" on the interwebs isn't true when you meet them in person. Don't avoid anyone at events.
- Take as many pictures and post them when possible
- Always refer to Nate as "Big Time", and then ask him why he's called "Big Time"

This! I must remember this at the Up and Down event. Scanning the thread to make sure I don't forget something. This is a great thread!

Back