2015 John Deere Classic Thread (Spoilers)

arydolphin

GTHC!
Reaction score
Handicap
PGA Tour this week is in the land of Hawk and JRod for the John Deere Classic. Obviously the headliner is the Golden Child, Jordan Spieth, playing before his attempt to win the 3rd leg of the Grand Slam. This tournament tends to be one where the scores are really low and first-time winners aren't rare, like Brian Harman last year. Plus, there is 1 more spot left in the Open Championship for the top finisher not already eligible for that tournament (provided he's in the top 5), so there are multiple things to play for this week.

Golf Channel has the Thursday-Friday coverage, then it's CBS over the weekend.

It's going to be a very strange weekend.

65 today and looking at lower 90's by Sunday with storm chances pretty much every day .

Course is going to be very soft so I wouldn't be surprised if we see another 59.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's going to be a very strange weekend.

65 today and looking at lower 90's by Sunday with storm chances pretty much every day .

Course is going to be very soft so I wouldn't be surprised if we see another 59.

There was a ton on rain on Monday night, right?

Is anybody else surprised that Spieth is playing in this event? I know this was the site of his first tour win and all, but The Open Championship is the following weekend and the dude has a legitimate shot at making some serious history IMO.

Is anybody else surprised that Spieth is playing in this event? I know this was the site of his first tour win and all, but The Open Championship is the following weekend and the dude has a legitimate shot at making some serious history IMO.

They did a huge article on it here.

The president of John Deere even reached out to him and said he would understand if he withdrew but Spieth said between the exemption they gave him early in his amateur career and it being the site of his first win he would be here.

Pretty cool and I hope it doesn't cost him.

They did a huge article on it here.

The president of John Deere even reached out to him and said he would understand if he withdrew but Spieth said between the exemption they gave him early in his amateur career and it being the site of his first win he would be here.

Pretty cool and I hope it doesn't cost him.

Ya'll don't play soccer out there in them corn fields do ya? If ya do, keep Jordan's arse out of there :thumb:

Not at all. The kid has respect for the opportunities he was given and the desire to pay them back. I won't fault him for not playing in the years to come but am glad and it's refreshing to see his attitude and commitment to doing the right thing

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think playing this week will effect him in a negative way at all. He's a special talent and he's young. I think he wins this week and plays well at The Open as well.

At 21 and with a charter headed to Scotland right after the Deere ends, it shouldn't be a problem for Spieth. I'm looking forward to watching him this weekend!

Any late withdraws to speak of?

On Monday

I didn't see that. Dang. The luck I have had with him hed probably have a MC anyways. Seems to always do when I pick him. Kinda like GMAC for me.

Last edited:
My Harris English pick looks good so far

Looks like most of us sat Spieth as only 18% chose him. I know I am running out of starts for him so I had to go with other picks.

Looks like most of us sat Spieth as only 18% chose him. I know I am running out of starts for him so I had to go with other picks.

5 of my 9 are the top 5 in % picked. Great minds think alike I hope.

I wasn't going to play him because it would only leave me 2 starts but he is such a heavy favorite I couldn't pass up the better chance at 1st place money. I hope I didn't waste the start.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

I wasn't going to play him because it would only leave me 2 starts but he is such a heavy favorite I couldn't pass up the better chance at 1st place money. I hope I didn't waste the start.

Sent from my D5316 using Tapatalk

I was thinking that too but I decided to hold on to my last 3 starts with him, lots of big paychecks ahead this year.

Guess we'll see if Thomas can hold a lead again.

And there we go Stricker! Killing it!

Liikng my Thomas pick, beyond him Weekly and Sticker are doing well for me

Spieth +1 at the turn...yikes.

I read on the internet (which is never wrong) that Spieth didn't want to play this tourney, but felt obligated. He is planning to throw the round an miss the cut so he can get to Scotland sooner. :pirate::pirate:

Just kidding

I always love this event. I was raised in the quad cities and still have family in the area. I'm hoping for another great week on the tour.

Back