Bridgestone e5 Golf Ball Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
great review. ive used brigestone balls on and off for the past couple of years and keep coming back to them.
typically it is the B330 or B330s i have used, im now trying the Treosoft over winter which is their cheapest offering
looking forward to the review of the E7 as i tend to hit the ball pretty high, and in windy conditions i get tore to shreds.

Great review JB. Left a comment on the article, and looking forward to the e7 review!

• Admin
Thanks for the comments Osahar. The e7 will be out over the next two weeks.

Nice review JB. I'm curious to see what the reviews will be like for the 6 and 7. As my shots go straighter with more consistency, I'm debating whether to switch from the 6 to the 7 to gain a few more yards

The E-5

The E-5

Any reviews on the E-5? What ball did you play before? Do you like it more or less?

Launched a little high for me compared to the e6 or b330 but it felt good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I played a few different balls earlier this year. Srixon Soft Feel, Nike Power Soft, TM Burner LDP, and Titleist DT SoLo.

My swing creates a pretty mid/low trajectory and I was looking for some more height. I also was looking for a soft cover. The e5 fits that bill perfectly. It's got a urathane cover, lots of spin, and gets up higher. I use it pretty much exclusively right now (except when I throw a Chromax in the mix).

Check out the B-Fit online fitting tool. They will tell you if it's right for you, Clay.

Last edited:
i've never hit one clay, i don't need a ton of help getting the ball up so it's never been on the radar. i agree with hawk, check out the B-fit chat thing with bridgestone, it's pretty fun and quick and they'll recommend the perfect ball for you.

One thing I've really noticed is that the e5 stops a lot faster on the green with my mid irons and hybrids than other balls I've played. I used to hit the green and the ball would keep on bouncing over. That doesn't happen much these days. Part of that is a better swing, but I believe the ball was a really big part of it too.

I went ahead and merged this with the e5 Review thread.

Thanks for the thorough review. I switched from the e5+ to the Taylormade TP Red when the price of the Taylormades dropped below $30 last fall, but I recently compared them side-by-side on the course and found that the e5 was giving me at least 10 more yards off the tee, so I'll be switching back to Bridgestone soon . . . I can deal with a little less spin around the green, but I really need those yards off the tee.

Thanks for the thorough review. I switched from the e5+ to the Taylormade TP Red when the price of the Taylormades dropped below $30 last fall, but I recently compared them side-by-side on the course and found that the e5 was giving me at least 10 more yards off the tee, so I'll be switching back to Bridgestone soon . . . I can deal with a little less spin around the green, but I really need those yards off the tee.

This is the perfect example of why I love their ball fitting. It truly goes to show that premium tour balls while spinny are not for everybody. Great info.

Back