A thread for SoCal golfers.

Saticoy is sweet. It use to be a US open qualifier.

If I'm not mistaken. Perfectly smooth greens.

It does remind me of Goose Creek.

We should find out when they are having a membership recruiting day and check it out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

I lived in Ventura county for over 20 years and this is the first time hearing about that CC. For now, I'll stick to public courses!

I lived in Ventura county for over 20 years and this is the first time hearing about that CC. For now, I'll stick to public courses!
It's a sweet jewel stuck behind some mountains in the canyons of Saticoy.

But public is always easier to setup a group event.

I guess a good question to ask about our next outing is, does everyone want another stern test. Aka Goose Creek. Or are we ready for a birdie Fiesta. Aka Buena Ventura short, sweet, and sausers for greens.

I can still hear the cheers of joy as a 20" approach shot rolls gently up to the hole for a three foot putt.

I guess a good question to ask about our next outing is, does everyone want another stern test. Aka Goose Creek. Or are we ready for a birdie Fiesta. Aka Buena Ventura short, sweet, and sausers for greens.

I can still hear the cheers of joy as a 20" approach shot rolls gently up to the hole for a three foot putt.

Olivas! I shot my lowest there. Tierra Rejada, Rustic Canyon, Moorpark CC would be great choices too.

Yes, that,s the one.

Yes, that,s the one.

Well if you live in Ventura County, let us know. There are a few of us here would love to play together.

Olivas! I shot my lowest there. Tierra Rejada, Rustic Canyon, Moorpark CC would be great choices too.
These are all some of our best. Tough but fair courses.

Rustic canyon might be my personal favorite.

But I have probably played Olivas and Sterling Hills the most in the Ventura county.

Olivas probably is the most widely known with the easiest access from the 101 freeway.

Tierra Rejada has actually some of the koolest holes with a view of the Reagan Presidential Library from the 16th.

Oh I'm rambling.

Any of these are great choice Wonton

These are all some of our best. Tough but fair courses.

Rustic canyon might be my personal favorite.

But I have probably played Olivas and Sterling Hills the most in the Ventura county.

Olivas probably is the most widely known with the easiest access from the 101 freeway.

Tierra Rejada has actually some of the koolest holes with a view of the Reagan Presidential Library from the 16th.

Oh I'm rambling.

Any of these are great choice Wonton

Let's see if our friends from LA/Inland Empire/OC would make that drive. Lobwood sounds like he plays a lot in VC.

For the next trip I wouldnt even mind taking a Friday off of work and getting out there. Might get a better deal and dont have to leave the wife to fend off our toddler by herself haha. Just throwing that option out there

Anyone is San Diego available to play tomorrow sometime?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let's see if our friends from LA/Inland Empire/OC would make that drive. Lobwood sounds like he plays a lot in VC.

Depending on the weekend, Ventura county is definitely on my radar. Its about 1:30-2 hour drive for me.

I wouldn't say I play a lot, but I do get out there from time to time. Schedule willing, I'd be interested in venturing out to the Ventura area.

Going to hit River Ridge Fri 234 with my 12 year old.

His definitely a THP'ER lol

Going to hit River Ridge Fri 234 with my 12 year old.

His definitely a THP'ER lol

I cant wait till my son is old enough to play with me. Have a great time.

Well if you live in Ventura County, let us know. There are a few of us here would love to play together.
I'd love to.
My easiest outings are mi-week, but I can do the rare Saturday (the wife, not work, limits my options).

The next time you guys have a SoCal THP event, I'm definitely in.

I agree that Tierra Rejada has some incredible holes.

I live ten minutes away, but have somehow only played Olivas once.

The two courses at Riverridge are nice, but The Lakes course is great. I think that's the best course I've played thus far (haven't played Rustic Canyon, but I've heard a few people say that's the absolute best one in the area).

Also haven't played the Ojai Valley Inn course yet. It looks beautiful, and there's no waits.

I look forward to meeting you guys one day!

April is upon us. Yahoooey time for a THP' trip.

Hey guys looking for some suggestions. My family and some close friends are taking a trip to Disney next month. Two of us want to golf while there. Looking for a course that is close to DL, that isn't to high dollar, and will be nice to play mid week. Any suggestions?

A quick google search shows Coyote Hills being pretty close to DL. We have access to a car but don't want to drive to far if we can help it.

Hey guys looking for some suggestions. My family and some close friends are taking a trip to Disney next month. Two of us want to golf while there. Looking for a course that is close to DL, that isn't to high dollar, and will be nice to play mid week. Any suggestions?

A quick google search shows Coyote Hills being pretty close to DL. We have access to a car but don't want to drive to far if we can help it.

Probably the closest is going to be Dad Miller. A fairly nice muni style course. Coyote Hills is a very nice course. One of my favorites in the area. It's a little more pricy compared to Dad Miller or Mile Square which is a good option as mentioned. River View is the next closest but I'm not to fond of that cousre. It's built in the Santa Ana River bed. Quite a few holes where you're hitting out of or down into the river bed.

North of Disney is where Coyote is and a few others like Black Gold which is up there in price but a great track.

Just down the 5 south is Oak Creek. Great course fun to play but it's $$$.

Last edited:
6b7022887d7b555d0b56b3cf692b1659.jpg

This may be a far fetched idea but maybe some of us So Cal folks can play the Nor Cal hooligans in Paso Robles. There's a nice GC called Hunter Ranch.
I google mapped it and from LA to Paso Robles & SF to Paso is about the same distance. (roughly 200 miles each way)
Obviously it would be a 3 day weekend get-together; hopefully we can fit 2 to 3 rounds of golf. I know there's a lot of nice wineries around so when we're not playing golf; we have more options in the area with family, etc.

Here's the link to the GC: http://www.hunterranchgolf.com/
Maybe in August, September, October...?
Just an idea...

That's something that has been on my radar. I'd be interested.

Back