The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Phil, that sucks man.

If I wasn't moved out and didn't have renovations ongoing I would be glad to help.

Thanks but all I need is for the people getting the paperwork done to get it finished. Of course every title company around north Texas are so busy they can't get caught up. I know I'm not the only one going through these problems right now. I'm just ranting! It will all work out but the weather is sure not helping.

Ordered something on eBay, says it will be here today and just noticed it was in Pennsylvania and came from Illinois. Basically they drove right by my house and went another 2 hours the other way

Thanks but all I need is for the people getting the paperwork done to get it finished. Of course every title company around north Texas are so busy they can't get caught up. I know I'm not the only one going through these problems right now. I'm just ranting! It will all work out but the weather is sure not helping.

Such an ugly picture. Is it all on the title company or were they waiting on paperwork from buyer/lender? If it was the earlier I would be raising holy hell.

Was talking to my dad today and he told me they are going to put our family dog down Monday. He can't walk and they think it's time. I've known it was going to come to this for a while. He has been getting worse and worse. It still doesn't make it easy to accept. I'm going down to my parents on Sunday to say my last goodbye.

Wife got her 3rd speeding camera ticket in the last ~6 months and makes her 4th overall ticket in < 1 year(got caught in a speed trap) and was shocked the cop didn't let her off.

Was talking to my dad today and he told me they are going to put our family dog down Monday. He can't walk and they think it's time. I've known it was going to come to this for a while. He has been getting worse and worse. It still doesn't make it easy to accept. I'm going down to my parents on Sunday to say my last goodbye.
That's rough man, it's never easy to say goodbye to our little guys.
Wife got her 3rd speeding camera ticket in the last ~6 months and makes her 4th overall ticket in < 1 year(got caught in a speed trap) and was shocked the cop didn't let her off.
Time to back it down a little bit, might want to show her that round thing on the dash that tells you how fast you are going.

Damn that sucks.

Has to be Montgomery County? I'm holding my breath that the flash I saw earlier this week was the guy behind me and not me.

Man that sucks. Is she going to lose her license? I would definitely be screwed if we had speeding cameras in mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe it's time to give her a hint:

e1defad6860c6b838f6fd288850cbd7f.jpg

Man that sucks. Is she going to lose her license? I would definitely be screwed if we had speeding cameras in mass.

Generally speed camera tickets don't count against your driving record. As it just shows the car and not who was driving.

But the fact me mentioned a trooper was involved makes it kind of interesting. Need to hear more as we live in the same area and I need to be on the lookout.

I know I know Wake.....Don't speed.

Generally speed camera tickets don't count against your driving record. As it just shows the car and not who was driving.

But the fact me mentioned a trooper was involved makes it kind of interesting. Need to hear more as we live in the same area and I need to be on the lookout.

In mass of you get 3 tickets in a year you lose your license for 6 months. If your under 18, at least when I was 18, if you got 2 tickets in a year your list your license for 6 months. Fun fact about me is I did just that when I was 17. It was awful.

I certainly can't talk, I've had a lead foot all my life.

Damn that sucks.

Has to be Montgomery County? I'm holding my breath that the flash I saw earlier this week was the guy behind me and not me.

Time to back it down a little bit, might want to show her that round thing on the dash that tells you how fast you are going.[/QUOTE]

definitely going to,have a talk tonight about the speedometer again.

Won't be losing her license at least not by the DMV anyways

wasnt Montgomery county this time but 2 of the last 3 were. The speed trap was mc too I believe.

My wife and I had a conversation many years ago that if she got a speeding ticket that it came directly out of her shoe budget...she hasn't gotten one in 15 years now :act-up:

My wife and I had a conversation many years ago that if she got a speeding ticket that it came directly out of her shoe budget...she hasn't gotten one in 15 years now :act-up:

Now that's pretty funny right there!

Obviously priorities have changed a bit over the years, but at the time it was the most serious consequence she could endure.

In mass of you get 3 tickets in a year you lose your license for 6 months. If your under 18, at least when I was 18, if you got 2 tickets in a year your list your license for 6 months. Fun fact about me is I did just that when I was 17. It was awful.

Even on speed cameras? That's rough. Wouldn't be letting anyone drive my car then.

Even on speed cameras? That's rough. Wouldn't be letting anyone drive my car then.

We don't have speed cameras and it's just based on who is driving. It doesn't matter which car your driving.

Gotta be honest and say if the wife's turned it around on us and said it would come out of the gold budget, we might do the same. Ha

We don't have speed cameras and it's just based on who is driving. It doesn't matter which car your driving.

Oh yeah. Then that's the same here, if you're stopped by the police.

In Maryland, most specifically Montgomery County they have cameras hidden in all these little boxes tucked away behind bushes and other things. It only gets the license plate so the car owner is responsible for paying but not DL points.

Oh yeah. Then that's the same here, if you're stopped by the police.

In Maryland, most specifically Montgomery County they have cameras hidden in all these little boxes tucked away behind bushes and other things. It only gets the license plate so the car owner is responsible for paying but not DL points.

I couldn't deal with that. It's no fair. Obviously mass has a reputation for aggressive driving but I don't know anyone around here who actually goes the speed limit. Speed cameras would get us all the time.

nice. I'm gonna try something along those lines. Didn't want to go drastic and drop her from insurance on the next one since the speeding cameras are just a way to collect money and no real penalty

I couldn't deal with that. It's no fair. Obviously mass has a reputation for aggressive driving but I don't know anyone around here who actually goes the speed limit. Speed cameras would get us all the time.

Good thing this is the rant thread. Because I can really go off on these speed cameras. They tout them as safety precautions. That's nothing but BS. They are simply revenue generating cash cows.

Now if they were serous about safety. They would install red light cameras and make the fine 3 times the amount of the speed cameras.

People running red lights by several seconds is an all too common occurrence here and poses a much higher risk of injury than going 47 mph in a 40 zone.

Man they tick me off. For the record I've only had two tickets from the speed cameras in about 10 years. But it's just the hypocrisy that eats at me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back