SeeMore Putters Thread

I found it; it was actually a thread from another forum when I Googled it: http://www.seemore.com/institute/forum/topic/91/

I'm having tremendous difficulty setting up with the ball in the center of my shaft, and I am also concerned with my left-eye dominance. I think I need to use the Triangulator over and over to learn what a proper aim feels like, and then I believe I'll need to pick an intermediate spot a couple of inches forward to line up to. Once I'm comfortable doing that, I believe I'll be on the right path. It's just going to take a lot of practice to make these changes feel right.

I'm left-eye dominant and this is precisely what I had to do, in fact, I struggle with it putting and on my full swing set up. Its why I've considered, and have at one point, putting left-handed. Keep with it, you'll figure it out, believe me, just feels foreign and wrong at first.

I'm left-eye dominant and this is precisely what I had to do, in fact, I struggle with it putting and on my full swing set up. Its why I've considered, and have at one point, putting left-handed. Keep with it, you'll figure it out, believe me, just feels foreign and wrong at first.

Yep, in my full swing, I'll pick a spot on the line where I want to start (usually slight left to play my go-to fade) and line up parallel (or what I THINK is parallel...). Many times I'll double check and find I'm still aiming right!!

Early on in this SeeMore journey, I'm realizing that 37 years of very good to amazing putting was really just me making a series of compensations that worked. After 1 year of mediocre putting, here I am ready to change all that. My next step is to get a lesson and proper fitting with a SPi instructor in the Houston area.

Yep, in my full swing, I'll pick a spot on the line where I want to start (usually slight left to play my go-to fade) and line up parallel (or what I THINK is parallel...). Many times I'll double check and find I'm still aiming right!!

Early on in this SeeMore journey, I'm realizing that 37 years of very good to amazing putting was really just me making a series of compensations that worked. After 1 year of mediocre putting, here I am ready to change all that. My next step is to get a lesson and proper fitting with a SPi instructor in the Houston area.

Its the truth dude, once you get rid of the variables and have a repeatable stroke, you'll find much more consistent success. I know I'm a broken record, but SPi changed my game, it really works.

Is there anywhere online where I can go to start learning the Seemore Putting method?

...and the lessons: are they ongoing, or will a lesson suffice, and give me what I need to work on?

I found it; it was actually a thread from another forum when I Googled it: http://www.seemore.com/institute/forum/topic/91/

I'm having tremendous difficulty setting up with the ball in the center of my shaft, and I am also concerned with my left-eye dominance. I think I need to use the Triangulator over and over to learn what a proper aim feels like, and then I believe I'll need to pick an intermediate spot a couple of inches forward to line up to. Once I'm comfortable doing that, I believe I'll be on the right path. It's just going to take a lot of practice to make these changes feel right.

Great article, thanks for sharing. I'm left eye dominant, going to try closing my right eye while over the putter tonight to make sure the red dot is still hidden.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Read this thread, visit SeeMore.com and do some YouTube watching... You'll be looking for your SeeMore putter soon after!

Is there anywhere online where I can go to start learning the Seemore Putting method?

...and the lessons: are they ongoing, or will a lesson suffice, and give me what I need to work on?

Check this thread out: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?56766-SeeMore-SPi-Fitting-and-Instruction

Also, I did a lot of drill explanations in this testing: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...e-Putters-MSeries-Review-Forum-Testing-Review

MOST of all though, go to the source!: http://www.seemore.com/institute/videos/instruction/ and http://www.seemore.com/technology/

Also, shoot them an email, when they say they're here to help 24/7, they mean it.

Check this thread out: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/forum/showthread.php?56766-SeeMore-SPi-Fitting-and-Instruction

Also, I did a lot of drill explanations in this testing: http://www.thehackersparadise.com/f...e-Putters-MSeries-Review-Forum-Testing-Review

MOST of all though, go to the source!: http://www.seemore.com/institute/videos/instruction/ and http://www.seemore.com/technology/

Also, shoot them an email, when they say they're here to help 24/7, they mean it.
Awesome.
Thank you much!

I think I might take one of my SeeMore's out tonight for a spin on the putting mat downstairs.

The squares are great, but they are no RST!

I agree - to me they solve different problems. The squares make the initial alignment so much easier, while for me RST really shines in making sure I am putting the same stroke on the ball each time, which right now I find more important.

I do think that putting with RST and really ingraining that setup does carry over to other putters though. That was something is meant to post about in this trees but hasn't got around to, and your post reminded me of that.

It does take some getting used to. Now, 1+ years later, I'm able to line up a putt pretty accurately just by eyeballing it at the setup. Before SPi, I had to use a ball with a line all the way around the equator, and carefully line it up along my intended start line. Then I'd get into my setup, and it would look misaligned! I learned to ignore how it felt & trust my line, but man was this time-consuming! After a few months of practicing with the SPi techniques, I trained my eyes and brain to see the line for how it was truly aimed & stopped lining the putts up so much. I sometimes still use the alignment line on the ball for breaking putts, but mostly I don't need to. Trust that process & give it time - you will be amazed at the change in consistency!

This is so true for many golfers IMHO (not for me because I was never any good until SPi lol!). If you understand how the swing works & use proper mechanics, you don't have to compensate & you should see some drastic improvement in consistency! Good luck, man!

I agree - to me they solve different problems. The squares make the initial alignment so much easier, while for me RST really shines in making sure I am putting the same stroke on the ball each time, which right now I find more important.

I do think that putting with RST and really ingraining that setup does carry over to other putters though. That was something is meant to post about in this trees but hasn't got around to, and your post reminded me of that.

Something I've always talked about here myself. The reason I am successful (by my standards) putting with any putter is because of SPi and the work I've done with RST. That said, I also believe, and it is reaffirmed every single time when I move back to a SeeMore, that its just much more comfortable with a SeeMore. Even if you don't focus on the RST most of the time, knowing its there guarantees that variable will never re-enter the putting equation.

I stray from time to time, but I will always come back. Hell, thats why I have 25 of them. LOL!

One lesson for me so far (officially), but I went to the SeeMore Extravaganza (at their HQ) & got some more instruction, and this fall a short lesson from my original instructor (Chris Carfangia) at an outing.

If you work at it, that first lesson goes a long way.

I think an occasional check-up is a good idea to make sure no bad habits have crept into your technique - I seem to recall other THPers saying this during their testing of m-series putters.

Something I've always talked about here myself. The reason I am successful (by my standards) putting with any putter is because of SPi and the work I've done with RST. That said, I also believe, and it is reaffirmed every single time when I move back to a SeeMore, that its just much more comfortable with a SeeMore. Even if you don't focus on the RST most of the time, knowing its there guarantees that variable will never re-enter the putting equation.

I stray from time to time, but I will always come back. Hell, thats why I have 25 of them. LOL!

I think when you hit 50 you'll get you own reality TV show! (I know I'd watch it lol!)

Oh, hi there.
dfd1d83a8c4228e28ae40355d96debd3.jpg

Oh, hi there.
Awesome!!! Mine is set to ship to HQ to be return to a traditional setup (currently counterbalanced)

I signed up for my first SPI lesson tomorrow.

I realize there is a lot of work involved on my own, after the lessons...
But just so I know what to expect, how many lessons do I initially need to schedule???

Is this the kind of thing that I'm going to need to commit to doing multiple times over a short period of time???

Oh, hi there.
I am thinking you are absolutely going to love rolling it. That was quick turnaround between purchase and in hand!

I am thinking you are absolutely going to love rolling it. That was quick turnaround between purchase and in hand!

This one was a trade w a THP'er, and it rolls sweeeeeeeeeeeet.

This one was a trade w a THP'er, and it rolls sweeeeeeeeeeeet.
Currently resides at the top of my pecking order after using it exclusively for 6 weeks or so.

I signed up for my first SPI lesson tomorrow.

I realize there is a lot of work involved on my own, after the lessons...
But just so I know what to expect, how many lessons do I initially need to schedule???

Is this the kind of thing that I'm going to need to commit to doing multiple times over a short period of time???
Probably not. Your instuctor will assist you with proper setup and how it looks/feels as well as proper stroke. The threads that Jman linked in post #13142 (above) will help you further develop the proper technique. Once you have a solid, repeatable grasp of SPI you're probably only going to see your instructor if/when you want a touchup.

Oh, hi there.
Very, very nice! I predict that this putter will become the one that the other 24 are jealous of.

BTW, I thought we agreed that in SeeMore math only 1 of each particular headshape counted toward the total. :angel:

It does take some getting used to. Now, 1+ years later, I'm able to line up a putt pretty accurately just by eyeballing it at the setup. Before SPi, I had to use a ball with a line all the way around the equator, and carefully line it up along my intended start line. Then I'd get into my setup, and it would look misaligned! I learned to ignore how it felt & trust my line, but man was this time-consuming! After a few months of practicing with the SPi techniques, I trained my eyes and brain to see the line for how it was truly aimed & stopped lining the putts up so much. I sometimes still use the alignment line on the ball for breaking putts, but mostly I don't need to. Trust that process & give it time - you will be amazed at the change in consistency!

This is so true for many golfers IMHO (not for me because I was never any good until SPi lol!). If you understand how the swing works & use proper mechanics, you don't have to compensate & you should see some drastic improvement in consistency! Good luck, man!

I just discovered this evening that letting my arms hang naturally under my shoulders made it much easier to set up with the shaft running right under my nose with the ball just left of center. I saw a vid on YouTube with one of the SPi instructors using a yoga ball and a jar of peanut butter to aid in the setup, so I tried that on the putting green this evening and that made all of the difference. One of my compensations for the past 38 years was setting up with quite bit of bend in my elbows and doing this with my SeeMore made it very difficult to get set up correctly.

This change also allows me to release the putterhead better. Before, I would maintain the entire arm/wrist/hand structure throughout the stroke and well past impact. I still haven't taken the Triangulator to the putting green yet, so I'm aiming the way I feel is right and using the RST and sight line to set up the same exact way on every putt. That alone is really feeling good as I'm pretty sure I had altered my previous set up slightly depending on if the putt broke right or left - with the SeeMore, it's the same exact setup and stroke!

I definitely need a lesson and proper fitting before I waste my Garsen Grip - the 36" does feel a bit long.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back