Wilson Staff D200 Driver Review Thread

Hmm weird. I'm plum out of ideas then lol.

I turned it upside down and didn't hear/feel/see anything.

Have you taken the head completely off and then retightened it?

Is there a washer on the screw between the clubhesd and the screw head? I had one break on a driver and it was making a similar noise from the pieces of the washer that were stuck there but couldn't quite fall loose.

I think business will ramp up here shortly in this thread as weather changes and of course 8 THPers get full 14 club sponsorship deals from Wilson Staff to be a part of Legacy.

Yep...completely understand. Another month or so and Mother Nature should be cooperating with the THPers.

I am trying to get an optimal combination of shafts for this driver, i was fitted for a stiff and got a 913 d2 about a year ago with phenom 50 and felt really light after playing, i have an fg tour m3 3 wood with phenom 65 and feels great, will that combination work on this driver?

Thanks for the help

I am trying to get an optimal combination of shafts for this driver, i was fitted for a stiff and got a 913 d2 about a year ago with phenom 50 and felt really light after playing, i have an fg tour m3 3 wood with phenom 65 and feels great, will that combination work on this driver?

Thanks for the help

I actually think it will in the right hands.

Another solid round of drives into the fairway. I'm incredibly happy i sold my 913d2 when i gained entry into #personaldistance and never looked back. As far as i'm concerned, this D200 is one solid club. In 18 years, i've never been able to point at a spot out on the fairway and actually hit it exactly where i wanted to.

Whats was your setup on the 913? What was that you found fifferent with this driver? Increased distance, forgiveness?. I have a 913 with aldila 75s and am looking into this driver or the
M3. However, i ve heard the M3 is to loud so d200 will be the choice.

Thanks

I am gaming this as my primary driver - I have figured out that, if I am having an off day, I can choke down on the 46" shaft, gets me onto grass if I put a good swing on it.
I can also say that the people who I play with are pretty impressed with the sound, but they are more impressed with my distance. I am not the fastest swinger in my group, but I either keep up or lead my foursome, almost regularly.
And I can get a drive out 290+ every round - just not sure on which hole. I have driven the ball 300+ numerous times with this club.
Contact sounds great, very forgiving, and I love the flight - lower than my other drivers in the past, and it rolls!
Bottom line - I still love this club!

I'm still waiting on this driver to show up in the local shop. I went ahead & bought the D200 irons w/o hitting them from eBay, but will wait to hit the driver before buying.

It only took me 10 days to respond. No, I haven't. However, the noise is gone. I am magic.

I currently have the wilson m3 driver. Has anyone hit both the M3 and D200? In particular those that were fit for the D200. Wondering how they compare. Thanks.
Darin

I currently have the wilson m3 driver. Has anyone hit both the M3 and D200? In particular those that were fit for the D200. Wondering how they compare. Thanks.
Darin

I've never gamed the M3 for an extended period of time, but I have compared the two drivers just with some range time.

Imo, the D200 is just a better driver for me. Better sounding, better feeling, a little longer and more forgiving. I was also fitted for my D200 and the M3 I was swinging was stock so that may play a role in this, but for me the D200 gets the nod

I've never gamed the M3 for an extended period of time, but I have compared the two drivers just with some range time.

Imo, the D200 is just a better driver for me. Better sounding, better feeling, a little longer and more forgiving. I was also fitted for my D200 and the M3 I was swinging was stock so that may play a role in this, but for me the D200 gets the nod

Thanks for the info. I need to go and hit one to compare. Thanks.

Still playing the D200 Driver - It seems like, for a new release, this is not getting quite enough attention.
I hit some long balls yesterday, longest 315 into a pretty stiff breeze. Trajectory on this driver remains low to mid - just what the guys at WS were looking for during my fitting.
The guys I was playing with were pretty impressed with my drives, when i put a good swing on the ball.
Very forgiving - I bet that, paired with a low spin ball (off the driver), this is a real fairway seeker!!

I would wait till spring. Most of the country is still covered in snow. I bet this thread picks up soon

Can't remember if I mentioned that back in January in Florida one of the guys I got paired up with commented on what a great looking driver my D200 was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would wait till spring. Most of the country is still covered in snow. I bet this thread picks up soon

I would love to try one of these in your specs listed. Tried MD441's and it felt so weird with a 12* head and regular flex shaft to me haha. This driver does sound very good though

I would love to try one of these in your specs listed. Tried MD441's and it felt so weird with a 12* head and regular flex shaft to me haha. This driver does sound very good though

For sure. The more people that hit this club the better

Can't remember if I mentioned that back in January in Florida one of the guys I got paired up with commented on what a great looking driver my D200 was.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a 10.5 degree loft from TGW and it's on back order for 3 weeks. Maybe that is a sign that the WS D200 driver has some serious momentum.

I just ordered a 10.5 degree loft from TGW and it's on back order for 3 weeks. Maybe that is a sign that the WS D200 driver has some serious momentum.

This early its less a sign about that and more a sign about ordering and what they purchased up front

Yep...that makes sense. I'm sure they don't stock nearly as many WS as they do Cally, TM, or Titleist.

Went to the golf expo in Boston this weekend, and saw online that Wilson had fitting times, so I was hoping to get some time with the D200 and a few different shafts. It turned out the rep hadn't gotten the full fitting cart, so I only got to play around with the stock shaft. Picking it up, I'm not sure I've held a club that's felt as light as the D200 did - I've swing the V series and the Cleveland Black, and this one felt lighter to me. I don't normally get on well with ultralight clubs - the Black in the stock setup was an absolute disaster for me, but I was pleasantly surprised with the D200 - I took maybe 10 swings and was around the center of the face with most of them. That said, I would say at that weight it didn't exactly feel natural to me - I was really thinking about putting a smooth swing on it. Feel/sound wise, I was really impressed. This would be an interesting one to borrow for a while to see if the weight felt more normal to me, but either way there's a local demo day here in about a month or so, and I'm looking forward to giving this a shot with a shaft that's more in my preferred weight range.

I've been looking these over since getting into the #THPLegacy. Sound seems to be right up everyone's alley. Shaft selection for me will have to come from a fitting. Has anyone done a comparison to this club and the Bertha Alpha (original). Thoughts? How's the lateral forgiveness in comparison. I was able to hit MD441 in Ohio last year. But the shaft wasn't what I felt I needed. But I could be mistaken, I'll have to rely on the fitters expertise.

I read through the #PersonalDistance thread from last year and was impressed that *everybody* can be fit to a D200 with the right shaft.

I've been looking these over since getting into the #THPLegacy. Sound seems to be right up everyone's alley. Shaft selection for me will have to come from a fitting. Has anyone done a comparison to this club and the Bertha Alpha (original). Thoughts? How's the lateral forgiveness in comparison. I was able to hit MD441 in Ohio last year. But the shaft wasn't what I felt I needed. But I could be mistaken, I'll have to rely on the fitters expertise.

Should be a little better side to side for forgiveness.

Bigger swingers did pretty well with the Tour Green and the RIP Phenom NL.

I read through the #PersonalDistance thread from last year and was impressed that *everybody* can be fit to a D200 with the right shaft.

It's a pretty versatile head. Adjustable and a variety of lofts.

Back