What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just finished up a 37, 1 bird, 2 bogeys, 6 pars. 6 for 7 on fairways and 7 for 9 on gir.

Great way to end the week of golf for me. Glad I found you swing, nice to see you again.

Some great golf there James the last few times out. Looks like it didn't take long to knock off the winter rust.

Beautiful day, greens aerated and sandy. Not too bad ball-striking day (except driver,) I left six putts just short of the hole but no three-putts and spent the back nine hitting out of trees, poor driving performance. 83 (40, 43)

45/54 - 99 (97 ESC)

Front nine was a good result based on some scrambling, back nine was worst score that the shots could have generated...so the overall score was unfortunately fair. Lots to work on.

It was ugly round today. Struggled off the tee all day. Final tally 100. Thank goodness putter and pitching was working today.

Went 47/46-93 today. Little windy, a lot of waiting and short game got to me today. Topping the ball around the green and some tee shots will hurt ya. Hit 8/13 fairways so that want terrible... Need to stay down and hit the ball lol...

Cold and windy today. 25-30mph winds, just a few degrees above freezing.

Played 9: +9/44

Then found what I was doing wrong in my swing.

Played the same 9: +2/37
Then another three holes: level par.

Quite happy, small change with good consequences. Stood a little to far from the ball..

Played today at Lonnie Poole in Raleigh for the first time. Shot 47/50 for a 97. Not terribly disappointed in the way I played for being a new course with quite a few blind shots that I was guessing on. I also burnt the edges on way too many putts today. If I played it again now that I know the course, I could score a little better at least. Still a lot better than I would have done a month ago.

Awful. 57/54 for a 111. *sigh*

Second hole was a portent of things to come. Par 3, tracking to the green but short. Sandtrap, totally buried right below the lip. Three shots to get out. Kee-rap.

All downhill from there. Nothing was working consistently today. Going to move up my lesson to next week because I can't do this bad play much longer. Only thing keeping me sane today was the company.

42/43 for an 85. Felt very good. Addressed some of the problems I'd been dealing with, especially poor play off the tee. Benched my driver for the most part today and just hit my 4-wood off the deck, to great effect. From there, good iron and wedge play and a not great but not awful for me 34 putts. Just need to get a bit better at converting birdie looks, scrambling, and getting my driver under control. Nice to know what I have to look forward to in my lesson in a couple of weeks.

Really struggled today and just was flat out exhausted midway through the back nine. 49/47-96. Short game and putting was nonexistent. But it was crazy how accurate I was from 160 and out. Totally uncharacteristic from me as my short game is what I excel at.

Shot a 58, then a 54. Same course only nine holes played twice. And second time demos the Nike vapor speed driver. Wow it's easy to hit

83. First round playing with my J40 cut down to sub 45". I hit it really well. I might hit it a little shorter than before, but any loss of distance is well worth the accuracy I saw today. Unfortunately, nothing else was really working for me. It just wasn't my day. I hit a great approach shot on a par 4 and I hit the flag--it ricocheted off to about 10 feet and I couldn't make the putt.

40/41, 81 @ CC of Miami East course. 9/14 FIR, 4/18 GIR & 28 putts. Short game was on point and saved me today. Frustrated with the irons with only 4 greens and mostly missing left. Got some work to do.

52/43 95 on a shorter course but had some of the worst greens I have ever seen. Little weeds all over. Ball was moving all over but other than that course was in decent shape. Didn't pull driver at all and just used 4w pff the tee all day. Hit 9 of 14 fairways but then only hit 4 of 18 greens

Played Eagle Eyein Lansing today.

Went 51/45 for a 96

Hit 7/14 fairways
4/18 greens

Putter was horrible today.... 41 putts.

Did manage 4 pars, and almost made 2 of those birdies (2 left just short of the hole).

First round of the year and shot 77 (39, 38) with 3 birdies, 6 bogeys and a double. Pretty happy with the long and mid game but not the short. The greens were rather shaggy so I had quite a few three putts and some really bad chips from just off the green. Really looking forward to better weather and getting back out there.

First round with 12/13 clubs. Shot an 87 with 32 putts. Lots of good shots today and I was 15 yards longer throughout the bag than last year. I was overshooting everything for many holes until I took these changes to heart. Very happy overall.

First #THPLegacy prep match today against Shakey. It was incredibly soggy out on the course but the weather was nice and the company was great. I ended up winning the match 1 up with a par/net birdie on #18. Kind of a rough day for me in the short game department and the greens had been freshly punched and sanded so that made putting pretty fun.

In terms of score, I shot a 93 (50/43). Left a ton of strokes out there that I know I can shave off the scorecard. Kind of felt lost with my short game today - no confidence, wasn't really sure what club I needed to pull on several shots. I hit driver pretty well all day with the exception of two holes. A lot of time left to get in some work that will refine these areas, though, so I'm not getting down on myself after today.

Funny how this silly game works. I couldn't make a putt until the last hole.... after you closed me out with your par/net bird. You played pretty salty on those last 4.

I was happy with my driver & irons, chipping could have been better, but only really hurt me on #1 and putting sucked. Still 83 (44/39) wasn't bad for the slop we played in.

First round with 12/13 clubs. Shot an 87 with 32 putts. Lots of good shots today and I was 15 yards longer throughout the bag than last year. I was overshooting everything for many holes until I took these changes to heart. Very happy overall.
Nice shooting man. I was 81 Thursday and 93 today

I remember that 81 guy. Jerk. Haha
Haha yea I shot it well that day. It was raining Thursday and I was striking it well. Also easier turf interaction and the ball was holding the greens. Today the greens were much firmer and I lost my short game. One shot was on the grass in front of the bunker but I topped it and it went in the bunker. Then I bladed it in the bunker flew over the green. Carded a 6 on that par 3.

39/43 for an 82. Swing fell apart on the back. I got really loose with the driver

Played Lakota Canyon today and the knuckleheads I played with insisted on playing the tips at 72.8/149 and we got beat up pretty good. I shot 84 with an eagle, 5 bogeys, and 4 doubles. Hit some really good shots and some really bad ones. Hit 6 FIR and 9 GIR and missed a handful of 10-15 foot birdie putts. The eagle was epic and I posted about it in the best shot of the day thread.

Shot a 43/42/85 today. Shot of the day came on # 14, 170 yards to the pin. Came within a foot for a hole in one with a 7 iron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back