What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shot 43/39 82 today. Although I didn't capitalize on a couple real good birdie looks early, I played a lot of holes well. But when it was bad, it was BAD. 3 doubles and a triple with only 1 birdie against them. This early in the season I can accept that, but I know I can do better. Wind was decently strong today (about 15 mph with some gusts) and my better holes always came with the wind at our back. Just a challenge for me right now on top of figuring out the new irons. Looking forward to seeing some improvements showing up on the scorecard soon.

39/37 for (+4) 76
Just don't know how much better these XR Pros can get.
Continue to amaze me every time out.
If my putter would get some fire in its belly, well as Mr. Sulu would say "Oh My!"

Oooh-Myyy-George-Takei-Reaction-Gif.gif

Awful. 57/54 for a 111. *sigh*

Second hole was a portent of things to come. Par 3, tracking to the green but short. Sandtrap, totally buried right below the lip. Three shots to get out. Kee-rap.

All downhill from there. Nothing was working consistently today. Going to move up my lesson to next week because I can't do this bad play much longer. Only thing keeping me sane today was the company.

I know I usually think about just smashing it out, but was taking an unplayable an option? My sand game's not in good shape lately so this crosses my mind from time to time.

41 for first 9 of year. Bogey on first hole.

I know I usually think about just smashing it out, but was taking an unplayable an option? My sand game's not in good shape lately so this crosses my mind from time to time.

Not sure. We discussed that but wasn't sure on the ruling.

92, 46/46. High 80's are starting to taunt me.

Not sure. We discussed that but wasn't sure on the ruling.
Q.A player's ball is completely embedded in the vertical lip of a bunker. The lip is not grass-covered, so it is part of the bunker. Is the ball considered to be lying through the green? If so, the player would be entitled to drop the ball behind the bunker if he deems it unplayable.

A.No. An embedded ball is considered to be lying in the part of the course where it entered the ground.

41/37 for 78 at Lake Jovita for the Driver testing yesterday. Will ESC to a 77. Did not have my best driver swing yesterday, but made up for it with solid iron play and my best scramble day in quite a while.

4 FWY, 8 GIR, 17 GIRP, 0 3-putts, 1 penalty stroke.

15 pars, 2 bogies, and 1 quad. 70% scramble percentage, made easier due to 5 approach shots that were on the fringe and puttable.

41 / 39 today, with several doubles and 3 birdies. Played the 1st 5 holes in dense fog, could not see anything outside of 15-20 yards ahead of you.

Shot 43/43 =86 this morning, at http://stonecrestgolfcourse.com/test/ it was only 47 at 1st tee and winds gusting to 10-15 mph the whole round. Still plenty of moisture and bunkers wet to muddy, fairway soft enough to plug a ball if not real careful. I managed 2 birdies on two hard par 4s and had one triple bogey. This was my first full round since changing my shafts to Recoil 460 F3 and I'm really happy with these. I did slice a few off my driver but stayed in bounds with the Callaway Chrome Soft ball, on # 11 I somehow started pushing my elbow out and sliced my 7 iron. Played two bunker shots out of wet sand and landed both within 5 feet of the hole. I felt good considering the long cold, wet layoff that we have had to deal with.

Got out yesterday for 9... New Irons and Driver ( Cobra Bio Cell ) I had not hit these before ordering them. Too good of a deal to pass up and the reviews were great.
That being said, playing a course I'd never played before shot a 48.

44/38 - 82. I played so well today, with the exception of #6. I completely lost my mind on that hole and ended up with a quintuple bogey 9! On the back 9 I was hitting some of the most pure iron shots I can remember. If I could just bottle that, I'd be pretty good.

It was a practice round but I went 42/45-87.

A blowup hole, bad shots were penal, short game wasn't giving me easy scoring chances and I couldn't get the ball in the hole. Other than that, how was the play Mrs Lincoln?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Went out in 40, came back in 36.

The only story to tell, minus my iron game disappearing for 8 holes, is my putting. Amazing how easy it is to score when the putts fall into the hole instead of lipping.

We got 18 finished just as the rain started here. The greens were wet and sandy again today but I actually had a pretty good putting day (29), i just decided to hammer every putt and most of them hit the cup. I did have the one three-putt for the weekend on #2 while getting off to a slow start with five bogies to begin the round. Eight bogies on the day, one double, and one birdie, for a nine over 81 (42, 39)

Shot 69. . . on a par 60 course. Took my two friends out who are just starting to take up golf and we had a blast. One of my friends had his first ever birdie and my other friend posted a personal best for himself. I felt like I could of played better but I went out with a sprained ankle and was bailing out on a lot of shots. All that matters is we had fun though!

We got 18 finished just as the rain started here. The greens were wet and sandy again today but I actually had a pretty good putting day (29), i just decided to hammer every putt and most of them hit the cup. I did have the one three-putt for the weekend on #2 while getting off to a slow start with five bogies to begin the round. Eight bogies on the day, one double, and one birdie, for a nine over 81 (42, 39)

I was just looking out the window and the thought hit me. Did Don play golf today!? :bulgy-eyes: Hell the ducks would need umbrella's around my neck of the woods today. :beat-up:

40/43 for an 83 today. Short game and putting were so-so all day. The wind was brutal on the back nine and made club selection tough. But overall pleased with the direction my ball striking is heading.

37 - 40 - 77. Hit several good shots but the greens are absolutely unputtable after being punched and sanded on Monday and not having been cut since who knows when. Putting was pretty much whack it and hope for the best. Two birdies. One was a 2 foot putt and the other was a chip in.

37 - 40 - 77. Hit several good shots but the greens are absolutely unputtable after being punched and sanded on Monday and not having been cut since who knows when. Putting was pretty much whack it and hope for the best. Two birdies. One was a 2 foot putt and the other was a chip in.

Nice round Sox.. I shot 9 over for first round of the year. Missed 5 putts under 6 feet. Grrrrr.

36/42-78

Really had it going on for the front nine and missed a coupla par saves on the back. The wheels absolutely fell off on hole 16 with a triple but gained my composure and parred out. Drove the ball a lot better than my last few rounds even though I only hit 5 fw's and the ball striking was much improved with 12 GIRs. Had 2 birdies and probably shoulda had 2 more but the greens had just been punched and sanded.

82 - 41/41. Rough start to the back, +5 thru 3 but managed 6 straight pars with 3 one-putt saves

44/39, 83 @ Miami International Links. I'm happy with that score as this course is always windy next to the airport and greens are tough. It was a fun round with the FIL and had a great back 9 with a birdie after a beer at the turn. Go figure lol.

Shot a 97 at Belleair Country Club East Course. I actually played better than that score.

I carded my first 'by the book' (not ridiculous putt or crazy chip in) eagle. Hit an OK drive, not long but center of fairway. 240yds out took the SLDR MiniDriver off the deck and stuck it to 7 feet, pin high. Made the putt. Followed it up by birdieing the next par 5 (two holes later). After that I was so pumped up I started badly over swinging and lost all distance control...air mailed multiple greens and fell apart. But I didn't care after the high of those two holes.

Also meant that I've broken the par barrier at some point in my round in two of the last three rounds (first time ever for me). If I can channel my excitement, and start trusting my distances, I'll be playing some pretty solid golf.

Shot a new personal best! Playing a difficult course that I'd never played before. Shot even par (first ever) 35 on the front with two birdies, two bogeys and +6 on the back with three doubles (yeah six pars). All in all 35/42=77.

Driver was ugly until the back nine but my irons were top notch. Pretty frustrated with the doubles as it would have been very easy to shoot level par across the board. Still can't complain and only the third time I've broken 80!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back