2015 Open Championship Contest & Thread

If Tiger has to play in this stuff, he might shoot 100. Any truth to the rumor that they are holding them back so he does not shoot 100? :angel:
Hey still a chance he gets to play a Sunday at a major

We played in stuff like that at Whiskey Ridge

a great day too..but then again it was with THPers so its easy to play through.

No restart until 11 AM Eastern. Sounds like a Monday finish will happen.

Monday finish confirmed.

What is more offensive to the integrity of the Majors, Chamber's greens (human incompetence but all players were affected equally) or The Open's weather (out of their control but institutionalized system that causes players to not face the same conditions)?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monday finish is a major major bummer.

What is more offensive to the integrity of the Majors, Chamber's greens (human incompetence but all players were affected equally) or The Open's weather (out of their control but institutionalized system that causes players to not face the same conditions)?

The man-made one, not mother nature.

Human error. So both the greens at CB and the choice to go out there this morning at the Old.

Yeah I'm with Webb, there's definitely a way to finish over the weekend. It may not affect the wealthy guys but it surely affects the normal guys trying to make a living that aren't in contention. I'll watch either way but bummer.

Chambers Greens and it's not close.
The idea that the USGA (and others) force fed that they "were fine" was laughable and appalling.

Love the British fans... A couple dressed up like a Dalek and the Tardis. Good stuff over there looks like one big massive party in that major (when the weather is decent)

im going with CB. the USGA made a huge mistake with those greens and lied to everyone. The Open weather can change throughout the day, while some guys play in different conditions the field usually get even out the following day, at least thur and fri.

I don't know if this has been shared or not yet. but it's a R&A official doing a a
check on the breeze

Absolute bs to have to play competitively in this. In high school I had to play in a tournament along Lake Erie in October that had weather like this and it was about the worst thing ever. Somehow I got out of there with an 83 but it was far too exhausting(6 hr round) and the play was insane. Taking a 6i from 130 made me want to go home

Absolute bs to have to play competitively in this. In high school I had to play in a tournament along Lake Erie in October that had weather like this and it was about the worst thing ever. Somehow I got out of there with an 83 but it was far too exhausting(6 hr round) and the play was insane. Taking a 6i from 130 made me want to go home
I thought they should play until I saw the what happened to Oostys ball.

"Let them play" per announcer on Sirius. This isn't a normal tour event, let's see who has the best game. These conditions are the only thing that can challenge these guys on this course. Be fun to see the new par being 76 or 77. That is what open golf should be. Difficult conditions . R&A needs to get a pair and let them play, this is British Open golf not the typical tour stop. I'm just so upset at this , so upsetting. I want to see them struggle and earn their score

I can't say I agree with the Sirius announcer, based on what they've shown on TV and some of the players interviews. Though, I guess I'm not there.

So did I hear monday finish now?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Some of the clips I am seeing are insane. And Donald's twitter post with the guy sideways hanging on to the flag pole was hilarious. I like seeing them play a challenging course, but no one should be playing in those winds.

"Let them play" per announcer on Sirius. This isn't a normal tour event, let's see who has the best game. These conditions are the only thing that can challenge these guys on this course. Be fun to see the new par being 76 or 77. That is what open golf should be. Difficult conditions . R&A needs to get a pair and let them play, this is British Open golf not the typical tour stop. I'm just so upset at this , so upsetting. I want to see them struggle and earn their score

I'm all for tough conditions, but putting a ball to 2 feet, then having the wind blow it across the green to 10 feet is not realistic.

Any chance at all they could cancel out the holes that were played this morning.

Well Azinger made a great point, modern green speeds simply cannot hold a ball in this wind

I couldn't agree more. Dottie Pepper, who is on the grounds at St. Andrews as well, feels the same.

If this was the 3rd round, I might would say let em play, but with guys still finishing up the 2nd round, you just can't. Bummed about the Monday finish, but it is what it is.

Agree with Pepper's comments about the green speeds, too.

Back