KBS Updates Online Fit System

Just saw this. I went and did the online fitting and the C taper lite X was the recommended shaft. Very interesting. Would love to give them a try.

I got an email about this today..just finished it and I got

[h=3]Iron Shaft Recommendation[/h]
[h=6]KBS C-Taper Lite - S[/h]

ctaper-c.png

I got an email about this today..just finished it and I got

[h=3]Iron Shaft Recommendation[/h]
[h=6]KBS C-Taper Lite - S[/h]

ctaper-c.png

Weird. I know a guy who games those in some hyrons you want to spend more time with. Crazy.

Weird. I know a guy who games those in some hyrons you want to spend more time with. Crazy.

Yeah, we need to make that happen soon

Up to 174 yards with a 6 iron and driver swing speed 81-90 mph. I prefer mid trajectory in my irons and a low trajectory in my hybrids, and I swing 45 degrees past vertical.

When I choose Moderate swing tempo, the recommendation is C-Taper Light (S)
When I choose Slow swing tempo, the recommendation is KBS Tour (R+)

And I play the KBS 90 (R) and get good results with it. I think I need to get to a KBS fitter and try out some shafts! The Fit system on the website is a great way to give yourself a bit of a head start.

IyVbOuT.png
DZATiof.png

Interesting as I actually have these shafts now and also have a set of CTL-R's (traded back the S) in a box ready to go. I still haven't played enough with the Tour R's to know if the CTL-R would be an improvement, so I'm holding off till I get some more time in the JPX-825's. Based on what I've seen so far though, I'd say I am hitting them very high already, just don't know if it's too high as this high ball stuff is new to this old ground based dog.

Also, curious as when I changed the variable from High-Trajectory to Mid-Trajectory then it suggests CTL - S. This is fun.

Fitting system shows me at Tour S+. Pretty accurate. I recently went to a local KBS fitter and he started with the same idea, then ended up soft stepping a Tour Stiff soft stepped. I could not be happier with the performance. Only three rounds in with them so far and the difference is remarkable. I am able to swing smoother and let the club do some of the work. The ball flies higher and farther and straighter. I am truly amazed at the difference. I have picked up 10 yards per iron, more on some, and I am swinging smoother. I had a tendency to jump at the ball previously and already know now that is not needed with these. I will thank THP for introducing me to KBS, or at least helping me learn a lot more about them and making me want to try them. I will also thank KBS for making quality products. Keep up the fantastic work.

I like that they have added the C taper lites but I always end up with the regular c tapers even after saying I would prefer a lite weight shaft.

I have demoed a few clubs with KBS a couple just felt awful and some felt amazing.

Ayer today's range session with the Tour V shafts which I found to be pretty decent for me after talking myself away from them for a while, I decided to go through the fit system again. And it hasn't changes since probably the first time I went through. Kbs Tour S+. Which is where I'm totally confused really. I like what I felt today in the Tour V in X Flex, but with what heare recommend I have no idea what is what. Obviously the best thing to do would be a have a fitting and see what the numbers are. But at some oint I have like the feel too. Does feel out weight physical numbers?

Ayer today's range session with the Tour V shafts which I found to be pretty decent for me after talking myself away from them for a while, I decided to go through the fit system again. And it hasn't changes since probably the first time I went through. Kbs Tour S+. Which is where I'm totally confused really. I like what I felt today in the Tour V in X Flex, but with what heare recommend I have no idea what is what. Obviously the best thing to do would be a have a fitting and see what the numbers are. But at some oint I have like the feel too. Does feel out weight physical numbers?
I think feel has to play a part. Their fit system put me into the kbs tour and they feel great, but I have a c taper lite in my utility iron and absolutely love the feel and can't help but wonder how the c taper lite would feel in the rest of the irons

The fitting tool puts me in CTLs. Can't wait to see what they'll do for me on the course.

I tried this out and ended with C-Taper Stiffs. I was fit on GC2 for the KBS Tour X in my TM CB irons, but I feel like they are launching the ball too high and with too much spin. I feel like I'm losing distance with my current set up.

I need to try the c-tapers. The fitter had no interest in letting me hit them. I even mentioned it and he didn't want to let me hit them bc he was convinced they weren't for me (with no reason given).

A timely bump. #THPLegacy guys may find this tool helpful

I've been through this thing so many times. One more wouldn't hurt, right?

So if I leave all other elements the same in the FIT system, but put that I want a 'high' trajectory it spits out the KBS Tour V - Stiff. If I input that I want a 'mid' trajectory it spits out the CTL - Stiff.

Doesn't really seem to jive with their height chart, but regardless it does give me the info that I need.

I've been through this thing so many times. One more wouldn't hurt, right?
That's funny, I can't tell you how many times I've been through it over the past couple years. Everytime it tells me KBS Tour stiff. But I like the feel of the Tour V X stiff. And my ego is in the freaking way a bit too admittedly. But we just witnessed a "whippy" shaft do great things. Seems like the ego needs to go. I'm wanting to get that S300 feel too.

TourV 125 Kevin...if they are an option...oh my!

KBS is really awesome. The whole iron catalog is available, plus we're getting some really cool customized wedge shafts.

That's funny, I can't tell you how many times I've been through it over the past couple years. Everytime it tells me KBS Tour stiff. But I like the feel of the Tour V X stiff. And my ego is in the freaking way a bit too admittedly. But we just witnessed a "whippy" shaft do great things. Seems like the ego needs to go. I'm wanting to get that S300 feel too.

Feed the ego. C-Taper X stiff. #BeastMode

This is what I keep getting using their online tool. The only info I'm not 100% on is tempo. I know I'm not slow, but not sure if I'm more moderate or quick. Seems to change the result from CTL to Tour-V depending on that answer. any good way to determine which is the right answer? Hoping I can find both shafts at Golfsmith later today and just try them out.

KBS%20fit_zpsy72mpano.png

The x flex I've been playing in the M3 have been really sweet. I'm just thinking I may go a little lighter. I'm one of those knuckleheads that's on the borderline for flex. I went X before to help dispersion, but I wonder if that's causing a drop in distance.

The x flex I've been playing in the M3 have been really sweet. I'm just thinking I may go a little lighter. I'm one of those knuckleheads that's on the borderline for flex. I went X before to help dispersion, but I wonder if that's causing a drop in distance.
I agree...same here with the X. Once I put the TourV 125 (S+) in the J15CB's...holy cow! Distance was gained and I still have similar dispersion. I'm preaching to the choir buddy...just excited from what I've seen. You will crush and score with whatever you choose!

I tried this out and ended with C-Taper Stiffs. I was fit on GC2 for the KBS Tour X in my TM CB irons, but I feel like they are launching the ball too high and with too much spin. I feel like I'm losing distance with my current set up.

I need to try the c-tapers. The fitter had no interest in letting me hit them. I even mentioned it and he didn't want to let me hit them bc he was convinced they weren't for me (with no reason given).

I feel exactly the same about the KBS Tour (S) regarding spin and height. I have now replaced them with some S300's..

Back