THP Handicap Watch & Update Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moved up .1 to 7.1. A couple of bad rounds did that.

I'm up to 15.3 now. had two bad rounds last weekend (5 over Handicap and a NR)

Trending down...don't believe it.

After a few ugly rounds I'm trending up from 13.1 to 13.4 and won't play any golf until the next revision.

Well, my last round was so bad they'll toss it out.

At 14.7 trending to 13.7, so on the right track. Even though my last round would fall in the "handicap maintenance" category.

All my revision scores for the next revision date will be from this season. I've pretty much been alternating rounds between the white and yellow tees. If calculated today, my handicap index would be 13.1. We'll see where it goes from there....

My trend has made a nice drop from 4.4 to 3.6 after my 72 yesterday. Need to keep it up! #MakinMoves

Question: Is it appropriate to combine two 9 hole rounds on the same course (front and back 9's) into a postable 18 hole round for your handi?

Last edited:
Question: Is it appropriate to combine two 9 hole rounds on the same course (front and back 9's) into a postable round for your handi?
Not really, you should be able to put two 9 holes rounds in and the system will factor the rest

Not really, you should be able to put two 9 holes rounds in and the system will factor the rest

If you played the same tees would it really matter if you posted them as a single score? (Since he said it would be from the same course)

I use GHIN and just post them separately and it does factor them in together after you post a second 9 hole round. It will do it even if the courses/tees were different and factor in the rest like Tadashi said. It won't show a 9 hole round though, it will post when you've completed a second 9 for it to combine with the first.

If you played the same tees would it really matter if you posted them as a single score? (Since he said it would be from the same course)

I use GHIN and just post them separately and it does factor them in together after you post a second 9 hole round. It will do it even if the courses/tees were different and factor in the rest like Tadashi said. It won't show a 9 hole round though, it will post when you've completed a second 9 for it to combine with the first.
It would matter a little because the rating/slope varies a bit that way, at least from what I've noticed. Each 9 has a rating/slope of its own in case such a round is played, so when they combine they make for a different total. I usually post my 9 hole rounds as they come then GHIN combines them as new 9 hole rounds come in. Its just easier that way, I think

Hoping to break into the single digits at the start of this season. I'm trending in the right direction but i need a few low rounds to get it done.

Trending to a 7.1.

I'm NOT a 7.1 right now. LOL, more like 9.1, maybe.

I'm currently trending in the wrong direction, but working in the entire game I guess will do that...

I'm currently trending in the wrong direction, but working in the entire game I guess will do that...

Still plenty of time to get it going in the right direction buddy. I'm sure once things click, you'll see a steady stream of good scores knocking some others out of the mix.

After todays round 79 (Slope 123, NZSCR 70.8) im trending down to a 6.8 which would become a new PB but im guessing ill play again before the next change so that will probably change by then. :D

Hanging at 7.4. Need some more rounds in the 70s. Feel 'em coming.....

This hip is making my hand cap rise. Trending at 4.2 as of today's round. Should be in a good place come December....hehe

Entered my scores from this week and I'm down to an 8.4.

Wow.

For the first time, I now have an official GHIN cap. As of last revision it's at 15 but if my calcs are correct it should be trending down to 14.6 or 14.7 after last round.

So rather than move from 14.6 to 15 as I was on pace to do I'm now trending to 14.4 after today's round

This hip is making my hand cap rise. Trending at 4.2 as of today's round. Should be in a good place come December....hehe
I'm going to opposite way. Trending down to 12.2 after today's round. Those guys out west won't know what hit them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back