The Little Things you Love

I could sit here and write a list the size of an essay, but the biggest one for me is seeing the look of pure joy, happieness, surprise, and just love on my niece and nephews faces when I would go to visit and walk in to door. (they are 2 & 4, (ahem "4-1/2 uncle matt!" as my niece would tell me)) Little harder to do now that they moved to Cali a week and a half ago. But even just facetiming with them makes me happier than anything.

Driving on the highway with the sunrise
Being on a boat
Relaxing by the ocean or lake
Driving over a long bridge
When my dad asks and takes my advice.
Seeing my mom do something she truly enjoys.
That perfect drive on the opening hole.
The NHL thread.

Last edited:
Waking up early and the sun is shining through the window and I can hear different birds chirping. I honestly never paid any attention growing up but for some reason nowadays I absolutely love them

A good cup of black coffee at just the right time
My wife's smiles when working on our business and seeing small successes
When my cats jump on my lap and lay down (complete trust)
Driving through the mountains at sunrise or sunset
The sound of a trout stream
The smell of a crisp fall day
The look on a strangers face when you're nice to them and make them smile
That moment when someone you know realizes they can do absolutely anything they dream of doing
Confidence
Defying odds
When someone just texts hi or says how are you
feeling like you belong
Hi Marc. How are things? I'm getting ready to order my folks another batch of that fine coffee. I (you've) created a monster(s).

I also need to add being in the Tim Hortons drive through and paying for the order of the car that is behind me.

A BBQ with a fresh cold beer on a summers evening.

A patio with friends.

The sunrising on a early morning round.

Going to my parents house.

The sound of my skates cutting up a fresh sheet of ice at the outdoor rink first thing in the morning when no one else is there.
Watching a puck hit the inside post and in, top corner of course

I just keep adding to this the more I think about it.

Finding a Twix, Kit Kat, or Baby Ruth in the work candy jar.

A few more to add: Going out for sushi with my daughters every Tuesday. Coffee first thing in the morning. Paddle boarding on Lake Tahoe.

My kids - in every way
Random acts of kindness
Random acts of integrity
A cool breeze on a hot day
Snuggling with your lovey
French press coffee
Being able to solve a really tough problem at work

Golf wise:
The feel of a brand new golf ball
A pured shot
Shiny new clubs

A few more..

Hiding behind a door or wall and scaring the crap out of my daughter or wife! Yea, maybe a bit mean - but it never gets old lol.

The sound of basketball shoes squeaking on a wooden basketball floor - and the pure sound of a shot that is nothing but net! ( Man, do I miss playing! )

Cracking open that first steamed crab

Witnessing a great interaction between a parent and their child

Coming through when someone is counting on you. Again - that may not qualify as that is probably a big thing!

The first round of golf playing in just shorts and a polo shirt!

A really cold drink of water after I've been out in the heat and sun for a long period of time. It's the only time water tastes good.

When I unbuckle Nick from his car seat and he throws up his arms, expecting me to pick him up.

Watching my wife and son sleep.

A good linguine with clam sauce (that's how I judge an Italian restaurant).

1. A cigar that has been in the humi on a 75 degree day after a stressful day of work.
2. A pured drive on hole 1.
3. Mother/Son bonding time.
4. The smell of a brand new car.
5. New boxers and socks
6. Surprising the person behind you in line of a drive thru by picking up their tab.

1) A smile in the morning from my Lotte.
2) Honesty
3) Loyalty
4) Smell of fresh cut grass.
6) Pockets on shirts.
7) A thank you from a student, just because they mean it.

1) A smile in the morning from my Lotte.
2) Honesty
3) Loyalty
4) Smell of fresh cut grass.
6) Pockets on shirts.
7) A thank you from a student, just because they mean it.
No kidding, I was JUST going to post this in here. Yesterday they were mowing the lawn outside work and I got to smell it all day. Love it!

The smell of fresh cut wood from a table saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No kidding, I was JUST going to post this in here. Yesterday they were mowing the lawn outside work and I got to smell it all day. Love it!

Its what I miss most about working at the golf course, one of my favorite things on the entire planet.

The smell of fresh cut wood from a table saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YES! So much yes here too.

Ahhh how could I forget the smell of fresh cut grass. First job was mowing lawns, actually.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

1. A cigar that has been in the humi on a 75 degree day after a stressful day of work.
2. A pured drive on hole 1.
3. Mother/Son bonding time.
4. The smell of a brand new car.
5. New boxers and socks
6. Surprising the person behind you in line of a drive thru by picking up their tab.

I do # 6 often... just a good feeling! Unless of course they are feeding their little league team lol

The wagging tail of a dog.

Want to add to that....no matter how bad my day is, when I get home and see my dog she is so happy to see me - it is the highlight of their day....

Beyond that...

-Freshly cut grass
-A delicious aged steak (med-rare of course)
-A good glass of bourbon
-Cold beer with friends
-Playing golf with my Dad
-Smoking a driver right down the pipe
-The smell of saltwater from the ocean

Watching my daughter wake up.
Watching my daughter discovering new things in life
My daughter falling asleep in my arms.
Playing soccer on a freshly mown pitch in the rain
Stepping in to my rain-shower in the morning
Watching FC Barcelona with my friends
Cooking a meal and really enjoy it

The sound of basketball shoes squeaking on a wooden basketball floor - and the pure sound of a shot that is nothing but net! ( Man, do I miss playing! )
Same here on both those. Is there a league for old guys with bad and metal knees :)

Mixing that perfectly timed pass that sets up your teammate for a one timer.

working really hard on a plan at work and having it go exactly how you planned it too (that rarely happens)

Coming home each night and having my kids go absolutely bat sh!t with joy I'm home

A freshly mowed lawn

The part when you get to the golf course and are walking from your car to the clubhouse before the round. A few hours of golf ahead of you and a world of possibilities

When I ran, I'd get these times when I'd run effortlessly the whole time. It just felt like I was floating and I could control my pace perfectly. It's a real thing called runner's high and I fn loved it

When drinking bourbon, there's a window of time when the couple ice cubes melt just a little and release the full potential of the bourbon before it gets a little watery

Cereal

Getting a witness to answer questions exactly how I want

Closing arguments

Back