The Spieth Arnie Conversation

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Do you think he knew the cameras were on?

Nah. I think it was just usual conversation between he and Michael.

I don't honestly care if he did or not, knowing how he tends to act/be though, he did. But still, that was freaking fantastic. FREAKING FANTASTIC.

This is awesome

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

I'm sure he's always aware to some extent that cameras on him, especially on #13. I think it was just a conversation, but it was pretty cool either way.

Meh, I don't think he said it because the cameras were on. Its much more likely that he went into the round wanting to play aggressive and Arnie like. Probably said it on the range and other times out on the course too, but this one was caught on film.

I agree. I think it was his "motto for the day" and was probably said a lot. That just happened to be the one that got picked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm sure he knew they were on. Good sound byte though.

I'd say he knew they were on. But still, a cool thing to say in the moment.

100% he knew they were on. Was it something he said because they were on? Probably not.

I look at it as more of a mantra, to keep yourself in the right mindset. The same way others might use Take Dead Aim.

Love his sense of the moment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He knew the cameras were on, no way a PGA Tour player of his stature would ever think the cameras weren't on. But I don't think that's why he said it either. That commercial is fantastic, and the "what would Arnie do?" line is catchy. I'm sure that I'll say that to ddec 300 times this upcoming golf season, and I can assure you there will be no cameras on.

he said something about arnie in his post round interview, and i thought it was a little canned. but hearing him say this, i agree with @NerdyGolfer_18 that it was probably his motto for the day.

He knew the cameras were on, no way a PGA Tour player of his stature would ever think the cameras weren't on. But I don't think that's why he said it either. That commercial is fantastic, and the "what would Arnie do?" line is catchy. I'm sure that I'll say that to ddec 300 times this upcoming golf season, and I can assure you there will be no cameras on.

I don't think Arnie would hook it into the woods on the left, though.

Totally think he knew the camera was on, but don't think that is why he said it. Loved it when I saw it and think it is the shot that is going to propel him to his 2nd green jacket this week.

I think he knew the camera's were on and it was said fully with that knowledge. That said I like seeing this sort of thing out of the Pros and don't mind it at all.

As an aside I can't help but feel like I'm missing the boat here with the overwhelming Arnie love. I didn't grow up watching golf on TV and just have no connection or sentiment towards the man.

I think he knew the camera's were on and it was said fully with that knowledge. That said I like seeing this sort of thing out of the Pros and don't mind it at all.

As an aside I can't help but feel like I'm missing the boat here with the overwhelming Arnie love. I didn't grow up watching golf on TV and just have no connection or sentiment towards the man.

I agree in a way, I came around after his career and don't feel a ton of connectino. But the more I learn of him the more I like him.

I don't think Arnie would hook it into the woods on the left, though.
You haven't heard? I'm trying that whole "hit it straight" thing this year.

You haven't heard? I'm trying that whole "hit it straight" thing this year.

I have been trying that for years, still trying to figure it out.

I'm sure he's always aware to some extent that cameras on him, especially on #13. I think it was just a conversation, but it was pretty cool either way.

Agreed

I don't honestly care if he did or not, knowing how he tends to act/be though, he did. But still, that was freaking fantastic. FREAKING FANTASTIC.

+1 to this

of course he knew the camera's were on him, and he said it for the type of responses he's getting in this thread...

I'm sure he knew the cameras were on him, but I'm equally sure that barely registers in his thought process any more, the cameras are always on him. He may have said it to generate sympathetic responses, but I don't see that.

Of course he knew the cameras were on him. That's not the big thing. The big thing, he did exactly what Arnie would do. He called his shot and made it.

I think he knew the cameras were on them. He probably even told Michael the moment will be all over twitter since he nailed the shot too!!

Back