TaylorMade AeroBurner Coming In Black

It's sad to see a company that was once the envy of an industry fall apart like this. When you can no longer fall back on best selling driver in golf, you start to get very erratic.

Maybe it's time to stop listening to MBA's and start listening to people with a passion for the game.

not only can you get extra black paint, it appears you can get a $50 giftcard for pre-ordering as well at some major chains.

Is that really true that the white Aero isn't selling? It's not the club for me but I was just at a demo day last week. In the hour I was there the host proprietor sold out and then had to send a kid out to another course to get yet another Aeroburner driver for a customer. It's just a little shop but I know he had several Aero drivers in stock a day or two before the demo day. Not sure how many he eventually sold that day but it was a hot commodity while I was there. I agree every OEM should offer all their options at the first launch. Sadly most seem to take this same approach, changing the scheme a just little to bump sales.

Is that really true that the white Aero isn't selling? It's not the club for me but I was just at a demo day last week. In the hour I was there the host proprietor sold out and then had to send a kid out to another course to get yet another Aeroburner driver for a customer. It's just a little shop but I know he had several Aero drivers in stock a day or two before the demo day. Not sure how many he eventually sold that day but it was a hot commodity while I was there. I agree every OEM should offer all their options at the first launch. Sadly most seem to take this same approach, changing the scheme a just little to bump sales.

Small sample sizes rarely paint the big picture, but I am glad they are doing well there. Overall, we are already seeing price drops on the line, and it is not doing well, which is intriguing because the reviews have been above average and it has won on tour. I have my beliefs as to why, but I am hoping to see the company succeed.

I hit the aero again yesterday, thing is a rocket for me, but a little inconsistant. I love the black look as the white is not my thing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want one. Very cool looking.

Release the white and black at the same freakin time. C'mon TaylorMade.

Black looks good.

Taylormade just can't get out of their own way.

Can't wait to see people compare the numbers between the black version and white version.
Post of the day.

I highly agree with this.

But that color scheme is BADASS. If Darth Vader ever played golf, this would be his driver, with a Matrix Red Tie shaft.

Come_to_the_DarkSide_cookies.jpg

What do you mean if??

vader-golf-o_zpsbd4qgeqa.gif

As a fan of the white head I really like the look of this club.

Wow this things looks amazing in the black color scheme!!

I really can't believe that TM went to the same playbook as they did with the R1 a couple of years ago with the white release first and then the black release a few months later. Of course, at that time, they also released SLDR a couple of months after the black version came out, wonder if they have a new driver release in the pipeline for later this summer like with SLDR.

I haven't hit the Aeroburner drivers at all, but it seems to be getting some good play on Tour, I wonder why they are not selling more. Is it because people don't want a non-adjustable driver anymore? Or is the marketing not doing its job in terms of targeting the correct player with this line?

Like everyone else, I don't understand why you wouldn't release both at the same time.

Like everyone else, I don't understand why you wouldn't release both at the same time.

Because white drivers sold in 2011. Why change what worked 4 years ago? :alien:

You have this, and then add trying to sell a 159.00 wedge, and you see why they have struggled...

Because white drivers sold in 2011. Why change what worked 4 years ago? :alien:

The move comes off as desperate and they are grasping for anything that could work, which is too bad because the Aeroburner seems to be pretty well liked.

The move comes off as desperate and they are grasping for anything that could work, which is too bad because the Aeroburner seems to be pretty well liked.

It's like on THP. From my understanding, it isn't like by most consumers.

TaylorMade AeroBurner Coming In Black

Smart move....but do it upfront....not as a last ditch to bump sales.

It's sad to see a company that was once the envy of an industry fall apart like this. When you can no longer fall back on best selling driver in golf, you start to get very erratic.

Maybe it's time to stop listening to MBA's and start listening to people with a passion for the game.

These thoughts sum it up. You are no longer at the top, sales are lacking & it's a poor attempt to save face.

I'm curious how this shakes out and what this does to their release cycle strategy.

These thoughts sum it up. You are no longer at the top, sales are lacking & it's a poor attempt to save face.

I'm curious how this shakes out and what be ones of their release cycle strategy.

I only know this from listening to JB over the weekend, do you know which driver is leading in sales?

I only know this from listening to JB over the weekend, do you know which driver is leading in sales?

Nope. But I wouldn't be shocked if you said a couple of different things

I don't. I'm coming from the perspective of talking to the GM of my local Golfsmith and reading online that TM isn't moving the gear as anticipated.

I believe JB said the G30 is leading in sales right now.

Yea, that's one of the ones I wasn't going to be shocked with. G30, R15, BB 815, or maybe one of the nikes and I wouldn't have been surprised at all.

Edit: Well maybe a little surprised if you said Nike.

Back