The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
When someone is leaving and they keep telling everyone about it, and how much this place sucks and how great the new place will be. Then not caring about work. We get it you got a new gig, show some respect and work until you leave or just leave. I have a feeling dude wont make it in the new gig due to his atitude but thats not my problem. Stop being an asshole.

Ridiculous...It took me longer to read the stupid directions than it did for some of the kids to take it. I have to teach test taking skills instead of actual content.... stupid
Yep teaching for a test is now the American education system. And it sucks.

Sounds like America is doomed. Canada will take you, bring umbrella.

John Oliver had a great segment about this.

worse thing that has happened to the school system. kids no longer are taught to think and work their way through something.

Sounds like America is doomed. Canada will take you, bring umbrella.
I'm going to need about 25 years worth of global warming before I can do that.

Or get a good winter parka and take up hockey and curling :alien:

I'm hoping that eventually the Cali climate makes its way up here, followed by the Florida tax system.

When someone is leaving and they keep telling everyone about it, and how much this place sucks and how great the new place will be. Then not caring about work. We get it you got a new gig, show some respect and work until you leave or just leave. I have a feeling dude wont make it in the new gig due to his atitude but thats not my problem. Stop being an asshole.

Those folks get sent packing around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those folks get sent packing around here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
When I ran kitchens they were too, but here they wont do it.

So my mom and I are helping my sister with a new car. My mom found a car on auto trader with a great advertised price from a local dealership. The ''sale price'' was 5k off the msrp. She calls the dealership to make sure it was in inventory, and asked what the out the door price was, and is quoted a price much closer to msrp than the advertised price. The sales lady then told her the advertised price is the lease price only. We all know leases are always advertised as $ per month. It's nothing but a bait and switch. She's on the war path now.

The worst part is this dealership has a good reputation.

Home inspection for adoption/fostering. Yeah dude, I'm sorry but you can't just call me at work and tell me if I can get home in the next five minutes you can do the inspection today. For starts, my place of employment is 15 minutes (when there is no traffic) from home, second ... it's the growing season, so I'm usually on farms or out in the field doing work with farmers and I'm even further away. Third, my wife works at a hospital ... she can't just drop everything at the drop of a hat either. I know you guys are overworked, but surely there is a way we can schedule something out a couple of days in advance.

Suck isn't strong enough.

I hate it, I hate it for our future, I hate it for our kids.

Suck isn't strong enough.

I hate it, I hate it for our future, I hate it for our kids.
What sucks even more, nobody is will to look at the education systems in the world that are working for help.

What sucks even more, nobody is will to look at the education systems in the world that are working for help.

Because we don't want to do what they do.

Separate the kids at 7th/8th grade to college bound, and not. If we did that like the others do, we would be #1 in pretty much all categories.

Separate the kids at 7th/8th grade to college bound, and not. If we did that like the others do, we would be #1 in pretty much all categories.
What's interesting, my wife is dyslexic. She was told from grade school through high school that she wasn't meant to go to college. She is now the social services direct at a top medical rehab facility.

What's interesting, my wife is dyslexic. She was told from grade school through high school that she wasn't meant to go to college. She is now the social services direct at a top medical rehab facility.

Hence why if we took the path of the rest of the world, there would be outrage.

Standardized testing MUST die.

NCLB also MUST die.

I can go on and on. But hey, they don't elect honest people with common sense.

College isn't for everyone & some are more apt to pursue technical careers. That's not knocking anyone, just the truth. Electrician, plumbers, welders, etc. are not pushed enough IMO.

College isn't for everyone & some are more apt to pursue technical careers. That's not knocking anyone, just the truth. Electrician, plumbers, welders, etc. are not pushed enough IMO.

But say that in a political forum, there would be outrage.

I agree. ****, I think we should bring back wood-shop. But...there's too much agenda...

Hence why if we took the path of the rest of the world, there would be outrage.

NCLB also MUST die.

I can go on and on. But hey, they don't elect honest people with common sense.
I know this isn't the popular point of view, but Education isnt a state level issue. It needs to be overseen on a national level. States continue to prove they're not smart enough to make their kids smart.

NCLB also MUST die.
How much money do the private companies that design/administer/convince politicians to use these tests pay/lobby politicians?

Therein probably lies the answer as to why they won't die.

I know this isn't the popular point of view, but Education isnt a state level issue. It needs to be overseen on a national level. States continue to prove they're not smart enough to make their kids smart.

I'm not getting into this at all. I vehemently disagree.

How much money do the private companies that design/administer/convince politicians to use these tests pay/lobby politicians?

Therein probably lies the answer as to why they won't die.

Its the truth. Tests = Money for these companies who lobby. Its fact.

There is a big push here in OK to disband the EOI testing and instead use the ACT as the one standardized tests. It makes far too much sense to pass though.

I'm not getting into this at all. I vehemently disagree.
Oh no. The current Dept of Ed is a joke. The system is broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back