DFW & Surrounding Area Chat Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not planning on anymore good after Saturday morning.
Sunday, Hope to work on the car and Monday I have to work (that sucks).
Not sure when I'll get in my next round either. May be playing during the week for a few weeks.

Assuming weather cooperates, is anyone looking to play Sunday or Monday?

Not gonna do the Cowboys deal but open to most other places. Would prefer early AM.

I would be interested in playing either day

Got to play Fossil Creek yesterday. Still can't break 90 on that course. Although I will blame a lot of my bad shots on the wet grounds. I was driving the ball as good as I ever have but some of my fairway shots came up way short as it would grab mud before the ball. But at least I got out to play

Last edited:
Got to play Fossil Creek yesterday. Still can't break 90 on that course. Although I will blame a lot of my bad shots on the wet grounds. I was driving the ball as good as I ever have but some of my fairway shots came up way short as it would grab mud before the ball. But at least I got out to play
How crowded is Fossil in the afternoon during the week. I may need to find a place to play later this week and next.
Yes, I hate playing that course, but for the right price, I'm considering it. Willow is in my review mirror from now on. I need to find someplace to work on my game. Champion circle may become my new local track, but I'm not to fond of it either.

How crowded is Fossil in the afternoon during the week. I may need to find a place to play later this week and next.
Yes, I hate playing that course, but for the right price, I'm considering it. Willow is in my review mirror from now on. I need to find someplace to work on my game. Champion circle may become my new local track, but I'm not to fond of it either.

I have not made it over in the afternoon yet but I would not think it would be to crowded. No more Willow for me and not very fond of Champions either although I would play it 10 times before Willow.

We may have to see about making Blackjack's Crossing happen sometime.

b85791e5e5b4a08c2fca92db906c9904.jpg

So does anybody know if any courses *aren't* underwater right now?

So does anybody know if any courses *aren't* underwater right now?

Meadowbrook and Pecan Valley are doing okay I believe. Eddie and I are playing the MGA Meadowbrook event on Saturday.

I was hoping Meadowbrook would be ok. That's the one I can hit after work if it's ever not storming in the evening.

I'm not even going to Lake Arlington anytime soon. Their drainage is horrible with normal storms.

Meadowbrook and Pecan Valley are doing okay I believe. Eddie and I are playing the MGA Meadowbrook event on Saturday.
I signed up about an hour ago. Need get get out soon. Having withdraw issues.
I signed up about an hour ago. Need get get out soon. Have withdraws.

I signed up about an hour ago. Need get get out soon. Having withdraw issues.

I signed up about an hour ago. Need get get out soon. Have withdraws.

You ask to be paired together if possible?

You ask to be paired together if possible?

I had them note that. I guess Gary will put the pairings together tomorrow.

Just got an email with the below, not good. Will impact Cowboys as well.

[h=2]Due to Potential Flooding from the Lake Grapevine Spillway, the Grapevine Golf Course will be closed Indefinitely.[/h]
During this time there will be no access to the couse. Fairway drive (road across dam) will be closed on both the North side & South ends. Fairway Drive will close at 8:00 PM Friday May 29th.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and understanding.

Russell Pulley, PGA
Director of Golf
Grapevine Golf Course

Not surprised by this and actually expected to hear the same for Pecan Valley. Not to excited about playing below a dam in this area at this time.

[h=2]Due to Potential Flooding from the Lake Grapevine Spillway, the Grapevine Golf Course will be closed Indefinitely.[/h]
During this time there will be no access to the couse. Fairway drive (road across dam) will be closed on both the North side & South ends. Fairway Drive will close at 8:00 PM Friday May 29th.

Russell Pulley, PGA
Director of Golf
Grapevine Golf Course

Is there another two man event at Meadowbrook next weekend as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Due to Potential Flooding from the Lake Grapevine Spillway, the Grapevine Golf Course will be closed Indefinitely.

Russell Pulley, PGA
Director of Golf
Grapevine Golf Course

Dang it! I was supposed to play in a scramble there on Sunday.

Is there another two man event at Meadowbrook next weekend as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I believe there is, but it's not part of the MGA, if I recall right.

5/29/2015 - Course Update due to Weather Conditions:
Pecan Valley "The Hills" and "River" are closed all day today. Pro Shop Open till 6pm. Call 817-249-1845 for updated information. Meadowbrook is closed today. The pro shop phone lines at Meadowbrook pro shop are back up and running. Pro Shop Open till 6pm. Call 817-457-4616 for updated information.
Sycamore Creek & Rockwood are closed for play. The Driving Range at Rockwood & Pecan Valley is Closed. The River's Edge course is closed for regular play and FootGolf play due to excess water.

If the MGA Meadowbrook event gets canceled tomorrow then Eddie and I are playing early Sunday at meadowbrook.

7:22 tee time if anyone wants to join us. If we are able to play tomorrow then tee time will be cancelled most likely.

Meadowbrook got a mention in this month's Golf Magazine in the 'Travelling Joe' section. He talks about golf & food for Colonial week. Waterchase was also listed as a place to play. Pretty cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back