The best shot of the round

483 yard par 5 Thursday. In the right rough 221 out for 2nd shot. Too short for 3 wood and a stretch for my 3h but I'm too stubborn to just lay up. Ball is just slightly below my feet so I aim for left greenside bunker. I pull my 3h and just flush it. Starts at bunker and slowly fades back. Hits hard on first bounce and rolls about 25 feet past pin. I 2 put for birdie and the crowd roars. Crowd as in my Dad, his friend and my buddie Alex. Shot a 91 for the round.

102 to the pin on a Par 5. Hit a 3/4 54* to 18" for the kick-in birdie.

The ONLY way I was making a birdie today. Ha.

Couple putts for me.
Rolled in a downhill birdie putt from 20+ feet on 9.
Rolled in a 25' putt from the collar on the par 5 17th to save par after a Penalty and win our WOLF match.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
That putt on 17 was ludicrous. Well done man!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

6i from about 175. Made the putt for birdie.

bc8ebc23a6b91ee6b21ba91f49a2d5ba.jpg

The two best shots I hit today came courtesy of my new 5w. Both were longer par 5s, and I hit it to just in front of the green on both attempts for easy chips. On a day where I only had 3 pars, those easy shots into the green were needed!

209 yd par 3 with a 3h to just before the green and a nice bounce up to 8 ft for birdie and two THPers to share it with!!

greened a 5wood off the deck for a par5 "on in two" :)
But then it was also my only 3 putt of the day :(
But a par :)

180 yards from the left rough on 16 with my new 4 hybrid to 3 ft. Made the birdie put. New favorite club.

i also hit a low hop and stop from 30 yards in back of the green running away from me to 6 inches to save par. That was pretty cool.

#8 Par 5. First shot was way right, had to punch out and was left with 230 to the hole. 5H shot was straight and long, leaving me short of the bunker and about 20 yards to the pin.

Of course I decel'd on the next shot and put myself in the bunker ... but love that 5H.

e1iterate and JDax and I were playing yesterday. I had pushed my tee shot (a par 3 on which I had to hit 3-wood due to length/wind) into the front-right bunker.

It was a bunker well below the green surface (couldn't see the pin at all) and the green sloped heavily from right to left. I hit my sand shot and thought, "Man, that came off EXACTLY how I wanted." I waited for the cheers of worship to come from my THP brothers, but there was nothing but dead silence. Now, e1literate was off searching for balls in the hazard, so that was OK, but Dax was up there, so I thought "Man, that must have gone over or something....but it felt *so* good, so I sulked a bit as I raked the bunker.

Finally, Dax says "good shot." I walked up to the green expecting to see the ball 6 or 7 feet from the pin. It was literally, a half-roll away from the edge of the cup, dead in the center, having taken apparently the perfect line and (almost) perfect speed. And of course I forgot to take a picture.

It still paled in comparison though to the monster drives Mike (e1iterate) was hitting all day. Dude can crush the ball.

258aqo5.jpg

Hit a decent drive off tee at 18, landed in some rough so took the 3h to hack it out, didn't get all of it but had a good line in with the 8 iron, landed it 1 foot from the pin, easy tap in for the bird. Great way to finish off a round.

Played a quick 18 Friday (thank God - our Rack was rained out Saturday) and had a Wolf game get silly. By the 17th hole, I was going double-or-nothing so my buddies could get even with me after I had Wolfed and won several times. To make sure I would lose, I played the blue tees while I let them tee off from the reds (this had already backfired on them on 15 and 16).

So into a breeze, #17 was a par-3 at 189 yards from the blues. I hit a low RSi 2 4-iron right at the pin, stopping 6' away. The other 4 guys didn't even make a par. On 18, I did another double-or-nothing; but instead of hitting 3-wood + 8-iron, I teed off with the 8-iron and hit my 2nd shot with the 3-wood. I lost! LOL

But that shot on #17 was sweet!

2nd ball on #1, I drove the first hole 300 with my Bertha mini. 25 feet short of the flag. Carried the front trap 15 yds short of the green and it rolled up.

On 18 with my first ball I uncorked a 310 yd drive with the Adams blue. Not the norm but nice to see.

2nd ball on #1, I drove the first hole 300 with my Bertha mini. 25 feet short of the flag. Carried the front trap 15 yds short of the green and it rolled up.

On 18 with my first ball I uncorked a 310 yd drive with the Adams blue. Not the norm but nice to see.
Bionic Panda is strong!

Had about 160ish left to an elevated green on a par 4 - pin was tucked in the right back side with the wind blowing left to right - pulled my 7i and aimed for the left side figured it would land in the center and roll over towards the pin- shot came off absolutely perfect - landed on the right side and thought it had bounced off nice ball flight with a left to right cut - ball ended up about 8 ft. from the cup and about 5 ft. from where the ball landed- 2-putted for par.

Nothing better than getting off the left side and having two string hips to fore down the line
I have two healthy hips and I've been having trouble with that lately. Glad the recovery is going so well buddy.

Ok so it is not just one shot, 566 par 5, tee shot down the middle, leaving 242to the pin. Adams hybrid to the right side of the green pin high. Sank around a 22ft putt for the eagle.

Ok so it is not just one shot, 566 par 5, tee shot down the middle, leaving 242to the pin. Adams hybrid to the right side of the green pin high. Sank around a 22ft putt for the eagle.

Nice!! You wanted to play well at Coeur D'Alene and it sounds like that happened buddy.

Nicely done!
I'm really glad they got the greens repaired in time for your visit.

My last round best shot was 123 yard par 3. I stuck the 52* wedge to 8 inches from an ace.

Played in a tournament this past weekend. I hit a shot into a bunker leftside of fairway. Had about 194 yards to the green. Took my 5 iron and put it 5 feet from the cup for a birdie. Best shot out of a fairway bunker ever!

280 yard drive on 18, 9 iron to here, missed the putt
47cd7809ed4446729198c32c8b6905e9.jpg

Other highlight was a 308 yard drive on flat ground on the one hole I successfully hit a draw on. All others were straight or fades and 255-280 yards.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Honestly the best shot of my round didn't even hit the green. Lately at my home course they have several of the members tees moved back to the tips to help grass grow in on a few bare spots or where there is a lot of traffic. Today on 13 (par 3) it shot on the laser at 184 if I remember right? Anyway we were having a bit of a cross wind from left to right and you have to carry water here too so I originally grabbed by 5 iron which is my 200 yard club because of the wind thinking it may be hurting some then I said to heck with it and grabbed my 6 which is that 185 wheel house club. I end up hitting it as pure and pure can be. Ball slightly turns over going against the wind and lands about 15 yards beyond the hole just off the green.

I was excited because of struggling so much lately it was nice to hit that particular shot so well. I also carded my lowest round of the year today too which was nice after back to back shotty rounds by me.

played a par 4 hole with a serious left turn about midway. Right where it bends are some large trees on the inside and a bunker on the outside.

Hit my 3 wood straight at the trees, carried it just to the right of them and plopped it middle fairway right at the turn for an easy pitch onto the green!

Back