What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
39, 3 over par for our 9 hole league, 3 bogeys and 6 pars

39 in my 9 hole league. I think I took first place in net and third place in gross.

Do you ever have those days when you are thinking of other things rather than your golf game? That was me today, we are doing home reno's so I was thinking of that all day.
Went out with my buddy at 8am, a nice 6.5°C and I played the worst golf ive played in a long time. Shot a 44-40-84. I lost two golf balls, had a couple of doubles, only one birdie.

It was a wet one today. Struggled to a 47 playing nine. I started off strong being 1 over through 4, then the wheels came off. I just lost feeling with the short irons and approach shots. And after 4 straight days of rain the rough was penalizing even on short chips. Finished the round with a solid par barely missing my birdie putt so I know the fame is there just have to put it together. Really looking forward to Pittsburgh.

43/42 not a bad round but missed a lot of putts, burning edges and lip outs

46/48 for a 94. All things considered, it was pretty good given how poor my ball striking was with my irons and wedges. Putting was solid too; had only 32 putts.

One of the toughest tracks in my rotation. Made that much tougher with aerated greens and wet conditions. Tees were moved a little forward than what the card says. I struggled with driver today, but I kept thinking it was my shoes. These were the first Lunar Controls. Just seemed to weigh my feet down, but I thought I needed them because of the wet conditions. I changed shoes at the turn and started driving the ball much better. Weird, right? Penalties are the only thing that caused this to be an average round. I actually had 4 penalties, guess I missed entering one in. This is my lowest round at this course. When 82 feels like a bad score, I guess the game is in a good place.

42/40 - 82
7 GIRs

zYXaPKO.png

Those are a couple long par 4's. Longer than even that shorter par 5 #6. I could seem long approaches there

Those are a couple long par 4's. Longer than even that shorter par 5 #6. I could seem long approaches there

Lots of elevation changes. Not as bad as it looked. Hit a solid drive and you'll have a short iron in hand. The short par 5 is into an elevated green surrounded by bunkers. It plays pretty tough.

Shot even 80 with 46/34 shot the best 9 I've ever shot with all pars and 1 chipped in birdie.

49 before my golf lesson and was hitting a few off the toe, which I though were hosel shanks, but video showed what I was doing wrong, and I'm aware of what was happening.
Then shot 42 in the pm after my lesson.

+1 37 for nine snuck out between work. Swing was pretty solid today giving me some hope the change is right for me after a lousy range day yesterday

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

+1 37 for nine snuck out between work. Swing was pretty solid today giving me some hope the change is right for me after a lousy range day yesterday

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

#TheSandbagIsReal .... Haha nice round buddy!!!

43/41 today. Swing felt like garbage, kept seeing 120 to 125 yd shots and it sits right between clubs. Needless to say hit only 8 greens today

Only played 9 and shot a 10 over 46. They did core aerifying two days ago and you could barely putt on the greens. Add in the 5 old guys in front of me playing slow and I left after 9 holes! lol Hot and humid in Arkansas today!

39 on each side makes for 78. I was fighting the lefts with my driver but was able to get away with it on most holes. No penalty strokes and 10 GIR made for a good day, only 1 shot off my personal best.

Good shooting Ary

First round of the club Match Play championship, I gave three strokes and figured going in that two of those holes I would lose but maybe a tie in the third one would be big. First hole, solid par to go up one, second hole both have birdie putts, I made mine to go two up. Third hole, I'm in tree trouble right but hook around the trees then get up and down for par, up three. Fourth hole, giving a stroke, fail to cut around trees and go into hazard back to two up. Lose 5 to a missed putt now one up. Tie six, great tie on seven hook out of the trees to 15 feet. Lose eight giving a stroke, All Square. Skip nine to get ahead of slow group, can come back to nine if needed. Lots of back pain and tightness set in.

Lose ten to go one down, Capt. Morgan Swing lube applied, lose 11-two down. Capt. Morgan starts to kick in, Birdie 12, one down, Birdie 13 (toughest pin on the back today) and win even though giving a stroke to go all Square. Win 14 with par, one up. Great two putt on 15 to tie. Bogie on 16 to tie. Par 17 two up with two to play. Par 18 to go three up with one to play for the win. Fun match, we couldn't play until 4:45 pm and finished before dark. I struggled the middle seven holes going seven over but played the rest of them in two under. Birdies on 12 and 13 were crucial and those are two of the three toughest birdies on the course.

Score would have been somewhere around 78 -79. Putting was good with three birdies. Ball striking was decent except the middle holes when my back was giving me fits.

Just saw this, Don. Captain Morgan FTW! Nice playing there buddy.

I shot an 87 (44/43) today. Had some real brain farts on several holes out there. Chilly dipped two chips. Took four to get down from the fringe twice and three putted 3 times. Other than that, I played okay. LOL.

Shot 84. Had quite a few birdie chances which was freshing compared to my last awful outing. Struck the ball very well today just didn't putt

41/40=81 from our senior tees. 12/14 FWs, 6 GIRS, 31 putts - 1 three putt and no birdies. Working on some things trying to get back to my old distances before the back problems. Seems like I am back 85% so hopefully I will be back to 95-100% by the Savannah Invitational.

41/40=81 from our senior tees. 12/14 FWs, 6 GIRS, 31 putts - 1 three putt and no birdies. Working on some things trying to get back to my old distances before the back problems. Seems like I am back 85% so hopefully I will be back to 95-100% by the Savannah Invitational.

I'm just glad to see you back playing with minimal pain, buddy. That's a nice round. I'm probably going to move up to the next set of tees soon. A lot of the guys I'm playing with at my new course are playing from there. Today, I was the only one in our foursome who played the white tees. To qualify, they use age plus handicap must equal 85. So, I may have to lay down a bit. :alien:

+1 37 on my after work 9 hole round. First time my wife of two yrs had ever come out with me and I'm glad she got to see me play well. 6 fairways, 15 putts and 5 GIRs.

Tied a personal best today, and it took place on a pretty difficult course that usually eats my lunch (TPC of Tampa Bay). I confess to taking a mulligan off the first tee (original tee shot went into a fairway bunker). I am so happy with this round it's not even funny. And I lost 3 balls. Just one of those days where everything clicked.

xQjSkA.png

Played with a new group -- we will continue to play together Friday afternoons -- and shot a 42 for 9 holes. 5 pars. Putting is improving but still had three 3-putts, two resulting in bogey and one in double bogey. I will play 18 with a group tomorrow. I am getting close to having enough scores to get my first handicap since the 1970s. Also, breaking 80 is a goal for the season, and I think that's realistic.

Sloppy 86. Had issues adjusting to green speeds. Wasn't as sharp off the tee and couldn't capitalize on good shots. Plus side was I played in 2 hours 20 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back