The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Please don't take this as trolling, but I wasn't in the thread last night... It was just funny watching the progression of the thread:

JR Smith is the GOAT --> JR Smith sucks
LeBron is firing on all cylinders --> IsoLeBron is back --> LeBrick

I realize it gets so knee-jerky during a game, it is just funny reading all the posts at once.

Great game 1, here's to hoping Kyrie is healthy.

I thought it was one of the best basketball games I have seen in a long time, up until OT. Cavs fans tho, hitting all ends of the emotional spectrum last night. Have a little faith! They were down 1-0 to the Bulls too.

Last night showed me that LeBron can only do so much. The supporting cast must step up. He can't have nearly half the teams points and expect to win if it's a low scoring afair.
same as it was the first time he was in Cleveland, just different names now. Even though Kyrie is much better than anyone they had in Cleveland years back, he's a shell of himself

and Jon Barry says somebody in the organization said they don't expect to see Kyrie again this series, fwiw

Last edited:
MRI today, hoping for the best.

I think the GOAT last night was JR Smith. Some of those bricks he threw up were just unreal and at such terrible times. Lebron has to get a better look than a fall away 3 pointer at the end of the game. If Kyrie is out the Cavs are going to need the Cavs version of Shumper and JR rather than the Knicks version from last night.

Greatest of All Time?

Greatest of All Time?

No, the goat as in the donkey as in he thought he was volunteering for Habitat for Humanity brick by brick.

No, the goat as in the donkey as in he thought he was volunteering for Habitat for Humanity brick by brick.

In all fairness habitat for humanity uses wood to build houses not bricks.... Unless he's building a house for three little piggies

Cavs only had 3 players score in 2nd half

How many even took shots?
Not sure but others were 0-9.

Oh and lebron just said he got to where he wanted to on the step back. Wonder if Blatt drew that up lol

Cavs only had 3 players score in 2nd half

Effective or not, I am sick of all the ISO crap. Run the damn offense. Kyrie had his wheels back last night. Work some pick and roll with him and Lebron.

Not sure but others were 0-9.

Oh and lebron just said he got to where he wanted to on the step back. Wonder if Blatt drew that up lol

ISO Fadeaways or ISO dribble dribble dribble threes will not win a championship.
Unless you have the real Kyle Korver. That dude was Kyle Korver before Kyle Korver was Kyle Korver...

I'd love to see lebrons shot chart to see what he shot in the key compared to outside

Wow its worse than I thought. That's as close to unstoppable inside as you can get.

Combine that with our 3 point shooters returning to form and that could be tough to stop.

But if the shooters lay eggs it won't work

I fell asleep half way through the 4th last night, just saw GS pulled it off in OT. Was an incredible game but how did it end regulation? Any crazy buzzer beaters?

As a guy who watched Stephen as a kid shoot pre-game with his dad at Hornets games, then high school and on to Davidson it is so nice to see this really good guy get rewarded for his effort and his great humility..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I fell asleep half way through the 4th last night, just saw GS pulled it off in OT. Was an incredible game but how did it end regulation? Any crazy buzzer beaters?
Last 30 secs had failed attempts on both sides to win in regulation. LeBron attempted a contested 3 which the Cavs rebounded but also missed the second chance putback.

Saw a fun fact that if Golden State wins the title, they would have gone through every other first team NBA player in the playoffs to do it (Harden, James, Davis, Gasol, with Curry being the 5th player). Crazy impressive.

Saw a fun fact that if Golden State wins the title, they would have gone through every other first team NBA player in the playoffs to do it (Harden, James, Davis, Gasol, with Curry being the 5th player). Crazy impressive.

I saw that when the GS/Hou series was 2-0, and thought, well, just James left... haha!

Iriving fractured kneecap. Ugh.

Fractured knee cap for Kyrie. Needs surgery. Out 3-4 months.

Oof

Back