The Official 2014-15 NBA Thread

Jank

I'm just a golfer, I suppose.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
FIRs
This probably could have been started several weeks ago, but I figured the release of the schedule was as good a time as any to get the new season kicked off. A lot of stuff definitely happened this off-season and it has me really excited for this season.

Opening Night:
Oct. 28, 2014, Orlando at New Orleans, 8 p.m., League Pass
Oct. 28, 2014, Dallas at San Antonio, 8 p.m., TNT
Oct. 28, 2014, Houston at L.A. Lakers, 10:30 p.m., TNT

Christmas:
Dec. 25, 2014, Washington at New York, 12 p.m., ESPN
Dec. 25, 2014, Oklahoma City at San Antonio, 2 p.m., ABC
Dec. 25, 2014, Cleveland at Miami, 5 p.m., ABC
Dec. 25, 2014, L.A. Lakers at Chicago, 8 p.m., TNT
Dec. 25, 2014, Golden State at L.A. Clippers, 10:30 p.m., TNT

MLK Day:
Jan. 19, 2015, Minnesota at Charlotte, 2 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, Philadelphia at Washington, 2 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, Detroit at Atlanta, 2:30 p.m., ESPN
Jan. 19, 2015, Boston at L.A. Clippers, 3:30 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, Denver at Golden State, 4 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, Dallas at Memphis, 5 p.m., NBA TV
Jan. 19, 2015, Indiana at Houston, 5:30 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, New Orleans at New York, 5:30 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, Toronto at Milwaukee, 8 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, Chicago at Cleveland, 8 p.m., TNT
Jan. 19, 2015, Sacramento at Portland, 10 p.m., League Pass
Jan. 19, 2015, L.A. Lakers at Phoenix, 10:30 p.m., TNT

Head coaching changes:
Spoiler
TeamOutgoing head coachIncoming head coach
Detroit PistonsJohn LoyerStan Van Gundy
Golden State WarriorsMark JacksonSteve Kerr
Minnesota TimberwolvesRick AdelmanFlip Saunders
Utah JazzTyrone CorbinQuin Snyder
New York KnicksMike WoodsonDerek Fisher
Cleveland CavaliersMike BrownDavid Blatt
Milwaukee BucksLarry DrewJason Kidd
Brooklyn NetsJason KiddLionel Hollins
Los Angeles LakersMike D'AntoniByron Scott

Transactions

Heat and Cavs on Christmas:sleepy::sleepy::sleepy::sleepy: I grew up a HUGE basketball fan played all my life but over the past few years Ive lost interest. It seems like a circus more about the show than actually playing/winning games and bettering the league not too mention in person it just looks fake especially during playoffs. There came a time maybe a year or 2 ago that every game I watched there was an "incident" or almost an "incident". For a team sport the NBA has become a one man show which I guess is in part to the advertising. The Spurs are the only team that actually play "real basketball" and not just isos and hoisting up 3s. I watch a minute or two here and there but overall Ive lost hope on the NBA. Im hoping Adam Silver will return the NBA to what it was before David Stern got his dirty greedy claws into it. But seeing stats of how NASCAR is watched more than the NBA and the viewership just goes down every year its, (I guess) in a business-sense its understandable to why Stern did what he did.

There has been a huge debate on who the third best player in the NBA is. LBJ is #1 and KD is #2....who is number 3?

There has been a huge debate on who the third best player in the NBA is. LBJ is #1 and KD is #2....who is number 3?
Curry or Kyrie maybe ?

Probably Chris Paul, in my opinion.

maybe not quite yet, but Kawhi Leonard should be up there. This guy just gets better & better & is one of the big reasons the Spurs crushed the Heat

Looks like Shawn Merion will be signing with cavs.

yeah man Kyrie is a beast with the handles. He's actually my fav PG in the league right now. Will be fun to see him and the other guy play together this year

And Love is officially a Cav.

Kobe? I know he hasn't played much the last two years but I think it is too early to write him off.

I am glad Love is now Cleveland's problem, although I imagine his attitude will be slightly different playingfor a good team.

Kobe? I know he hasn't played much the last two years but I think it is too early to write him off.

I am glad Love is now Cleveland's problem, although I imagine his attitude will be slightly different playingfor a good team.

I bet it will. Look at KG. I can't stand the guy but he left Minnesota after giving that team his all to eventually get a championship with Celtics so anything getting out of Minnesota can only be a positive.

And Love is officially a Cav.

Glad to see K Love take the high road in response to the Timberwolves owner's comments.

I noticed he's switching to #0 from #42 (a retired Cavs # worn by Nate Thurmond). I guess Thurmond said it was OK if he used 42, but Love decided to use 0 because it was a number he wore as a kid to show his love for his home state of Oregon.

And here I thought he was being clever - doing a play on the tennis term for zero; "Love"

Too funny!

I don't know why, but I'm amazed they market Blake this much!

I have wondered that a bit, also, Icey. I think that him being in LA is a big part, but he is also very good at the deadpan delivery. He's all over the place with Kia and Jordan. The Dr. Drain commercials w/ Jordan are hilarious though.

I have wondered that a bit, also, Icey. I think that him being in LA is a big part, but he is also very good at the deadpan delivery. He's all over the place with Kia and Jordan. The Dr. Drain commercials w/ Jordan are hilarious though.
I think LA has to be a huge part of it!

Yuk!

Yuk!

wow those are bad. And the skyline thing worked in Seattle when there's a nationally recognized building like the Space Needle...

Back