The new hotel under construction at Universal Orlando is going to have a Caribbean theme. The hotel will have the look of an old sugar plantation and the main bar is going to be rum themed with over 200 rums available, including its own private label rum. Opens summer 2016. Loews Sapphire Falls Resort.
Sounds like I should live there.

The new hotel under construction at Universal Orlando is going to have a Caribbean theme. The hotel will have the look of an old sugar plantation and the main bar is going to be rum themed with over 200 rums available, including its own private label rum. Opens summer 2016. Loews Sapphire Falls Resort.

That sounds like it will be a lot of fun!

sounds like a great place!!

I love rum, I can't beleive I didn't find this thread sooner, I ma currently depleting my collection, I need to plan aother trip to Cuba, soon!

sounds like a great place!!

I love rum, I can't beleive I didn't find this thread sooner, I ma currently depleting my collection, I need to plan aother trip to Cuba, soon!

Yes you do, and before we meet up in June!

That sounds pretty nice cpl. Looking forward to it. Is it Loewes?
Yes, will be a Loews Hotel. Moderate level when compared to the other two Loews on property that are Deluxe. Will have 4 diamond amenities, but smaller rooms and no Express Unlimited.

So my mom went to Puerto Rico some time ago and got me a bottle of rum. I am not a rum drinker and she said it would be the rum version of burbon since thats what I drink. I know its not going to be like burbon but how is Don Q Granl Anjeo, I think thats it I am not at home to look at it. Its dark liked its aged, in a bottle that kind of reminds me of Patron in shape. I want to try it but don't want to open it if I dont like it. Would rather just give it to a friend or something if its very sweet or something.

Añejos are really mellow and smooth. I think you'll like it if you like agreed Bourbon.

Añejos are really mellow and smooth. I think you'll like it if you like agreed Bourbon.
Well I poped it tonight and I actually really like it. It is sweet but has a nice smoothness to it

Well I poped it tonight and I actually really like it. It is sweet but has a nice smoothness to it

If you really are on the fence, I'd be glad to take it off your hands for a round of golf or whatnot.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

I need to get a good bottle of rum one of these days. Just so darn expensive for anything good up here with the stupid taxes. grrr

I need to get a good bottle of rum one of these days. Just so darn expensive for anything good up here with the stupid taxes. grrr

When are you visiting? We'll get you set up. :D

If you really are on the fence, I'd be glad to take it off your hands for a round of golf or whatnot.

Ohh I put a dent in the bottle. I like it haha, if I have some and we play a round I will gladly bring it.

Oh hai, unopened bottle of The Kraken!

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Having tried rums from all over South America, the Caribbean and Central America. I must say Zacapa XO is one of my favorites, but Royal out of Suriname is the smoothest I have ever had.

Zacapa XO is good stuff. Ever tried the stuff out of Haiti?

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

I love me some Brugal and Malibu. But I am open to others the Carribean people really know how to make a solid and smooth drink

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you see the older stuff, definitely worth a try. I have a unopened (well until recently) 18y/o from the 70's that is really spectacular and tried one of the recent 15s and was also impressed.

http://www.barbancourt.net/index2.php?mode=1

im onjoying a good old el dorado 15 on the rocks

SANTER1796_1-V.jpg

now enjoying a good old Santiago de Cuba 11 years. Fun fact, they are using the original Bacardi plant, the one they used before being kicked out of Cuba

The captain loves his true balance putter!
19078c85c2192035e4c867ff8000dfc5.jpg

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Impressive balance there.

Glad to see the Captain is alive and well in Myrtle!

Impressive balance there.

Glad to see the Captain is alive and well in Myrtle!

In full effect today

Back