RatFink

Carnivore
Reaction score
Handicap
lim x-> 0
I haven't seen a Rum thread like there is a Scotch thread, so I thought I'd start one.

I think Rum is the most versatile hard liquor out there. It can be smooth, punchy, fruity, spicy, or almost any flavour.

The best rum I have ever had is Pyrat 1623.. but at $226/bottle it's a bit out of the normal price range (although Christmas is coming...).

I was told the other night that Amrut Old Port rum is a really solid bottle for only $25. Has anyone had this stuff before?

I'm also a Rum fan. Well, I use to be. I don't drink the hard stuff like I use to, I get into too much trouble. At any rate, I like dark Rum, although not too spicy. My favorite is Mount Gay. I use to love it with pineapple juice. I could go through a 1/5 in no time.

TC have you had Brugal? its one of my favorite dark rums

Its my favorite hard liquor as well, I would say that my favorite is Sailor Jerry spiced rum, followed closely by Appleton's.

I don't drink rum often, but I have some Captain Morgan on hand. Private Stock I think.

I've drank a little rum in my day. It's not my favorite of the hard liquors, but I enjoy it.

I also like the Brazilian version - Cachaca - which is made of sugar cane instead of molasses.

I've drank a little rum in my day. It's not my favorite of the hard liquors, but I enjoy it.

I also like the Brazilian version - Cachaca - which is made of sugar cane instead of molasses.

You just like being fancy don't you?

Its rum season now boy's, rum and nog's for the next long while. I just bought a 40 of the Captain, and a 26 of Appleton's for the festive nog days.

Have you ever had a real caipirinha? It's money dude.

I also enjoy Mojito's. I use to bar tend, I've made slews of rum drinks and had all kinds of rum but the Mount Gay tickles my fancy.

I also enjoy Mojito's. I use to bar tend, I've made slews of rum drinks and had all kinds of rum but the Mount Gay tickles my fancy.

Those are fun words.

Sailor Jerry's is at the top of my list right now. Mount Gay is also very nice.

Lately I have been drinking Kraken, it's dark, goes well with tonic.

Sailor Jerry's is at the top of my list right now. Mount Gay is also very nice.

Lately I have been drinking Kraken, it's dark, goes well with tonic.

ANother Sailor Jerry fan, to me it is the best rum made right now.

It's pronounced Krrrracken.

Dark and Stormys. mmmmmmmmm.

724619496_a53oW-S.jpg

Today is going to be a spiced rum and nog day. Its a cold day outside and its my MIL's birthday so we are cooking a turkey and the family from Vancouver is coming over and we are having a family day. This means I will be going to the store, buying some nog, adding a little of the Captain and settling down in my favorite football chair.

I have been on a big rum kick this summer. Sailer Jerry has been my fave. I also like the Pyrat rums. Spiced Jack and Port Royal are ok cheapies for mixing a tub o' hunch punch.

Capt Morgan Private Stock is a nice rum. Ten Cane rum is another one of those rums made with sugar cane, and it's pretty good as well.

My favorite cheapy type rum is Tommy Bahama's White Sands. Sells for like 21 bucks at a couple places near me and it is very smooth. Tastes better with Pepsi than coke IMO.

Rum is a nice change of pace from time to time, been quite a while since I've had any. We used to bring some back every time from the Bahama's. I'll stick with JD & 7 if I want something stiffer than beer.

yummmmmm Rum meet nog, nog meet rum!

IMG-20111113-00133.jpg

Back