What Golf Stuff Did You Do Today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In an effort to help nudge my 7 and 9 yr old daughters towards being a little less 'girlie', I asked them if they were ready to start going to the range with me, and learning how to golf.

I've asked them before, but don't want to force them.
They finally said 'yes' today.

I took them to Golfsmith and told them they could choose something to buy:

My 9 yr old chose her first real putter.
My 7 year old wanted a 12 pack of colored (pink, satin and purple) golf balls, a pink golf glove, and a pink/purple ball marker/divot replacer.

I wasn't thrilled with the 7 year old's selection, but after my 9 yr old chose a $110 putter, I was really relieved that my 7 yr old chose knick knacks.

I also gave my older daughter her first putting lesson. Kept it short so she won't get bored. Just taught her to practice by pushing (no backswing) the ball into the hole from 3 and 6 feet out.

2 man scramble in a tourney. 3rd place with a 59. Not too shabby.

Nice work dude...any prizes?
Figures you would ask about the swag.

Got a free foursome to a private course down here, a dozen B330 RX and a pretty sweet cooler to hold some sodas and what not in.

Figures you would ask about the swag.

Got a free foursome to a private course down here, a dozen B330 RX and a pretty sweet cooler to hold some sodas and what not in.
Haha sodas. We all know that's not what's going in there

Recieved a mint 2Ball Tank from Callaway Preowned. Rolled it for about 1/2 hour.. Keeper!!

Played 18. Ugly off the tee. Might as well have called me "eggs" cause I was scrambling from all over the place!

Helped my 7 year old daughter paint fill her clubs blue and purple.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hit the range with my son, was hitting every club solid except my 3 wood. It was amazing for a while and the now I cannot hit it worth a darn. Time to ponder a new 3 metal. My chipping and putting was very solid today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Officiated at a state Junior Am qualifier. Man, those kids could play.

Pretty quiet day ruling-wise. Some relief from abnormal ground conditions, immovable obstructions and one wrong ball.

Had a golf lesson, and got all the info regarding joining a golf league. Looks like a lot of Tuesday evening golf is in my future!

Went to the range yesterday but it was stormy so I didn't stay for long. I was hitting driver as hard as I could. I was leaving the ground with both feet around impact. Never done that before. I guess I was generating so much force. And they went straight

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Will be packing for Branson this evening. Gonna try and keep it "light".

Will be packing for Branson this evening. Gonna try and keep it "light".

Hahaha! Good luck! I packed last night and my wife said "do you really need that many belts and golf shoes"

Hahaha! Good luck! I packed last night and my wife said "do you really need that many belts and golf shoes"

1 pair of shoes I think...rolling lightly this time!

Not today but played 3 courses in Kamloops Monday to Wednesday. Talking Rock, Tobiano and Sun Rivers. 4 rounds plus driving left me a little tired but a great trip.

So far today I've THP'ed, put my THP decal on my Clicgear cart, and prepared my gear for league this afternoon. Looking like we may get some rain towards the end of the round so my new rain cover may see some use already but hoping not though. Gonna head up early to get some more putting practice in and hit a small bucket before going out.

I have managed some golf stuff today. At lunch I went to a golf store and bought a Mizuno Hybrid and a cart bag. After work I played 9-hole with two co-workers and then I have done some equipment preparations for a competition this Saturday

Played nine before work and ran into old high school buddy who just picked up the game. Talked a little about his golf clubs and how he was welcome to test out some clubs I had laying around. Also noticed his grips were really worn and offered to regrip them for him. Last but not least told him about THP and told him to check it out.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Not sure I'm going to keep the XR Pros I just bought so I hit a few irons at my local shop: Apex > Fly-Z + Forged > Z 545

Re-shafted some clubs.

Joined a golf club!
Leage play every Tuesday & Wednesday evening plus other events. Official handicap as well. I'm looking forward to getting my golf fix mid- week!

Spent about 2.5 hours at the range tonight. First hour focused on putting and chipping. Rest of the time was spent with my swing instructor as another lesson.

Large bucket at the range and reserved a lesson for Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back