Underwear for golf

Just_Hacking

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have been trying different types of underwear (both style and material) and I am struggling trying to find something comfortable for these hot summer rounds. Chaffing is no fun at all!!!I have tried the previous version of the Kentwool which I liked, but they had some durability issues and are on the pricey side. I have also tried some Jockey, but they didn't seem to breathe as much as I expected. I have seen the 2Undr advertised and they are intriguing, but again on the pricey side.

So that leads me to my question: What do brands and styles do you guys wear? And what is the price point?

Last edited:
I wear UA and have for a long time and still have some kentwool. The UA are $20-25ish iirc

There are a lot of golf related things I think about...this isn't one of them...but I understand why you are.

Commando

I'm with you! UA makes a great under garment that is cool, wicks moisture very well and you don't chafe. It is pricey at $20 a pair, but it's worth it! Washes well, so it lasts if you take care of them.

I wear 2UNDR for work (construction) and for golf. If chaffing is an issue these will really help in that regard, but won't eliminate it entirely. If you can wait for a sale they can be found for $20-25 each.

I have mostly puma boxer briefs. Similar to the Under Armour ones, which are my favorite, but you can get them at Ross for $6 a pair. I think Costco sells 3 packs too.

Really, I've had good luck with any of the wicking brands though. Have Adidas and Rbx ones that are fine also.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I love dri-fit material but have found I don't like it at all for underwear. Gotta go cotton or at least a cotton blend.

Last edited:
I chafe wearing moisture wicking as well and prefer cotton. Now socks have to be a wool blend...

I swear by the Under Armour compression shorts/underwear. You can find them for about $20 and sometimes less at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.

Ex Officio Give N Go Mesh. I buy them on sale because full price they are around $30/piece.

Ex Officio Give N Go Mesh. I buy them on sale because full price they are around $30/piece.

I saw these on Amazon and was curious about them. I will probably give them and UA a try.

I like the lululemon no boxer boxer. They come in around $25 and have been great this summer. My wife is a big fan of their workout gear and grabbed me some. I was hoping to like the Duluth Trading Buck Naked shorts but they do not agree with me on a hot day of walking 18.

I have been trying different types of underwear (both style and material) and I am struggling trying to find something comfortable for these hot summer rounds. Chaffing is no fun at all!!!I have tried the previous version of the Kentwool which I liked, but they had some durability issues and are on the pricey side. I have also tried some Jockey, but they didn't seem to breathe as much as I expected. I have seen the 2Undr advertised and they are intriguing, but again on the pricey side.

So that leads me to my question: What do brands and styles do you guys wear? And what is the price point?

I wear these while I play with zero issue and great support

http://www.burlingtoncoatfactory.co...DbQ2aAayfczRHM95j0ZkQGFWsPkMSX1oaAgcoEALw_wcB

I wear 2UNDR for work (construction) and for golf. If chaffing is an issue these will really help in that regard, but won't eliminate it entirely. If you can wait for a sale they can be found for $20-25 each.
I will second this.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Another vote vote the US boxer briefs, it's all I ever wear.

Duluth Armachillo or Ex Officio

American Eagle can be found for $10 and they are fantastic and durable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wear UA and have for a long time and still have some kentwool. The UA are $20-25ish iirc
I wait for the half off or bogo deals on these and have about 8 pairs now. I know some are pushing performance wools but they absolutely cannot compete with the moisture wicking and breathability of these.

As long as my shorts or pants have a good rubber waist element they are top tier.

Under Armour 6" oR 9" boxer jock in mesh. Very breathable I wore them today during a hot (87*) and humid roUnd an didnt feel uncomfortable

Another vote for Ex Officio.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

My wife just bought me several pairs of 2under for Father's Day and my birthday. Like ArmyGolf, I work construction and they are great for work and golf. She caught them on sale on Amazon and they came in around $20 a pair. Even regular priced they are around $30, but when you are out in the sun for 12 plus hours a day, and spend the weekend on the course or driving range, how much is comfort worth?

I bought a pair of 2Undr after Mygolfspy made an article about them but didnt really like the joey pouch. After that I bought some SAXX and my god are they perfect. I cant recommend them enough really. My favorite so far is the Ultra.

Back