Clubs on Craigslist....

MattyKrack17

MattyCaulk AkA DigDug
Reaction score
Handicap
Is it just me, or do ppl on craigslist ask way too much for their clubs? granted their are deals to be had but $200 for some original callaway steelhead irons? wtf lol... 90% stuff i look at is over priced

If they are selling clubs on craigslist it is most likely they have no knowledge on clubs and have no idea wtf they are doing.

Its true. People do not know what their clubs are really worth. Even on here sometimes people ask for way too much. But to each his own.

I have only checked out CL about 10 times over the years, never have I seen anything that I thought I would make an inquiry about, seems to be mostly junk on there and as you say, overpriced junk.

I have only checked out CL about 10 times over the years, never have I seen anything that I thought I would make an inquiry about, seems to be mostly junk on there and as you say, overpriced junk.

Absolutely. Im pretty sure 95% of the women on there are actually men...

Woops! :blob:

like this.. really 50" shaft???

Adams Speedline 9088 Long Distance Driver
6.5 degrees
Extremely Stiff LIVE LONG shaft 50 inches
Golf pride multi compound grip
with headcover

Essentially Brand New Bought from sellinger.com golf for 483.00 2 weeks ago

You can BOMB the ball with this club. and IT IS USGA LEGAL

225 obo

Well thats a driver made for long drive competitions. Id love to hit it.
like this.. really 50" shaft???

Adams Speedline 9088 Long Distance Driver
6.5 degrees
Extremely Stiff LIVE LONG shaft 50 inches
Golf pride multi compound grip
with headcover

Essentially Brand New Bought from sellinger.com golf for 483.00 2 weeks ago

You can BOMB the ball with this club. and IT IS USGA LEGAL

225 obo

Totally agree (with both craigslist and here). Nobody's gonna pay you $350 for your Callaway irons that you paid $400 for and used for 5 seasons, I don't care how "clean" they are or what kind of magical grips you have them upgraded to.

I've sold clubs on the bay and CL, and I think as a seller, you know everyone is going on there for a steal and is on a mission to low-ball you. It's a no commitment atmosphere where jerks feel safe offering pennies on the dollar compared to the competition of the market and commitment of ebay and places like this and other golf forums classified sections. As for junk, heck yeah, it's loaded with crap. However, I've come out with some ridiculous steals from people on the opposite end of the spectrum who undervalue their merchandise. When it comes down to it, it's all about exceptions to the standard and lucking into the opportunity to jump at them.

lol buy it thanier then let me swing it, if i chunk it and snap it in half, im not liable lol

I go there just for laughs...you found my secret spot haha

I go there just for laughs...you found my secret spot haha

Secret spot being msm? LOL Check out the missed connections. Some funny stuff on there.

Haven't found any good deals on clubs yet, but there are a lot of good laughs.

A lot of people think their stuff is worth so much more than it is. Golf equipment to furniture. I post things on Craigslist and price them to sell. I usually don't have anything on there more than a few days.

Well thats a driver made for long drive competitions. Id love to hit it.

+1 that would be awesome for scrambles and just for messing around with at the range.

craiglist is a great place to score a deal but you have to sift through a lot of junk to find them. Im always worried about scams and knock-offs so I prefer to buy from authorized dealers but every now and then excellent deals come up.

BTW- if you do buy or sell from craigslist meet at a public place where there are people around. I hate reading about people getting robbed because they show up in a shady area with lots of cash. Be safe out there! Use your heads!

Lots of CL'ers and eBayers have no idea what they're selling. I remember an auction on eBay for a TM "E driver"...

It was a 3 wood that was turned upside down! :laughing:

Is it just me, or do ppl on craigslist ask way too much for their clubs? granted their are deals to be had but $200 for some original callaway steelhead irons? wtf lol... 90% stuff i look at is over priced

Everything is only worth what someone is willing to pay.

you ask for more on craigslist because people always counter with a lowball offer so your never really gonna get what your asking price was. another thing, i sold my old driver on craigslist because i knew what golf galaxy would give me and i knew i could get more online. but most of the time, i see things for sale that just make me smh

Haha I have noticed this too. Some people think because they paid $400 for a set of irons 6 years ago and only used them once a year since then that they can still get $350 out of them because they are "like new." It cracks me up. Every once in a while you can spot a good deal but some people have no sense of how much clubs should go for on craigslist.

I have seen a couple of good deals on cl. There was a set of Nike vr pro cavity irons for 400 bucks on the Dayton Ohio section of cl a few weeks ago. Next to it was a set of RAM clubs never hit bought 90000000000 years ago for 350 still in box.

Back