Official Equipment Pondering Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really cool that you are going to come home and buy a set of wedges after Scottro and I win the ones next weekend.

You may want to check with JB. I don't think there will be any "participation" wedges handed out on Saturday.

You may want to check with JB. I don't think there will be any "participation" wedges handed out on Saturday.

Then how pray tell do you plan on going home with any?? :act-up:

Then how pray tell do you plan on going home with any?? :act-up:

It's because dcbrad and I are going to win the whole thing (or stop by golf galaxy on the way home).

Sure is a lot of wedge talk in here, a shame its not #wpf

Scotty Cameron Newport 2, Ping Scottsdale TR Anser 2 or Odyssey Versa #2

I'm predicting 95/5 golf galaxy/winners.

I dare you to prove me wrong.

Oh, it's on now. I would have accepted 94/6, but 95/5 is just insulting.

Why those three specifically?

Head style. Shot a great round of 77 today, but with 35 putts. Thought maybe changing from a face balance mallet might provide some inspiration. Plus I like the traditional look to the head.

Ok so now I have the glorious staff bag which is awesome but I have a question, I like to walk and carry so is there a back pack strap that I can buy for this bag? I assume there is but I figured I would ask THP. Thanks guys

Head style. Shot a great round of 77 today, but with 35 putts. Thought maybe changing from a face balance mallet might provide some inspiration. Plus I like the traditional look to the head.

I dig that. Rolled a Newport 1.5 for a couple years myself. The raised bumpers always pleased me. I have to think that style would be a solid changeup from the #7!

Why am I thinking of Vokeys?

Ok so now I have the glorious staff bag which is awesome but I have a question, I like to walk and carry so is there a back pack strap that I can buy for this bag? I assume there is but I figured I would ask THP. Thanks guys

Dude get a Clicgear. Greatest invention ever

You spelled Nikes weird.

Haha this made me snort! Graphite Ion TVD Vokes with K grind look spectacular

Junior if you have them, they are serious!

So, it's time to upgrade the big dog and I figured I would stop in here for some suggestions on heads and shafts before I head in to test them out. Here's a quick rundown of my driver swing and my desired characteristics.

Slow takeaway and very aggressive transition.
116-118 mph swing speed
285 carry

I'm already plenty long but want more control. Ideally, I get a low-mid launch with low spin numbers as my fade can balloon and turn into an out of control slice every so often. Forgiveness is a huge plus, but it's not like I'm asking for max game improvement. Anything with a deep face will do. I like my shafts somewhat heavy (74-85 is ideal).

I have an offer on the table for a 913 D3 with a RIP alpha 70s on the table, but I've always played X, so I'm a little scared to jump down to S. If someone can enlighten me on how the shaft would play, that would be great.

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to your always awesome suggestions.

So, it's time to upgrade the big dog and I figured I would stop in here for some suggestions on heads and shafts before I head in to test them out. Here's a quick rundown of my driver swing and my desired characteristics.

Slow takeaway and very aggressive transition.
116-118 mph swing speed
285 carry

I'm already plenty long but want more control. Ideally, I get a low-mid launch with low spin numbers as my fade can balloon and turn into an out of control slice every so often. Forgiveness is a huge plus, but it's not like I'm asking for max game improvement. Anything with a deep face will do. I like my shafts somewhat heavy (74-85 is ideal).

Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to your always awesome suggestions.

Deepish face? Adjustable to close the head and avoid that fade? Maybe even cranking it upright to promote a draw?

I give you: The Cleveland Classic Custom XL
Lower launching Black tie or the mid launching Miyazaki JDL, which you can get relatively heavy 7/8 series.

Thanks. I'll definitely add it to my list to check out, even though Cleveland clubs (non-wedges, that is) and I have a contentious past.

Not equipment, but pondering a pair of Sligo Plaid trousers - think they are called iron blue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might snag some iron covers for my new babies. I've always said I wouldn't get them but these irons are too pretty to ruin while in my car

Tapa Slice

Might snag some iron covers for my new babies. I've always said I wouldn't get them but these irons are too pretty to ruin while in my car

Tapa Slice

I'm pondering them as well. Just for the car. My bag keeps them in their own slots while in the cart but in the car they rattle around a little

I'm pondering them as well. Just for the car. My bag keeps them in their own slots while in the cart but in the car they rattle around a little
Wrap a towel in between them. That's what I do.

Pondering a new putter. Looking to either get the metal x 2 ball or white hot pro 2 ball putter. Anyone with any experience with either would like to hear your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back