Tattooed Golfers...What's your take?

I only have one as of now, but that is sure to change soon. I don't think it really should matter if you do or not. I do think however that if you are a professional and you do want tattoos, that you do exactly that. Make your tattoos professional and nothing vulgar or obscene that is visible. What you have that you can cover is your own but there are a lot of youngsters looking at the pro level and I don't think its a good idea to expose them to that sort of thing.

I guess buck batter not enter this thread since he has full sleeves.

There is nothing wrong with having tats if you play golf.

I have a half sleeve on one arm, one on the inside of my other arm and a knee down sleeve started on one leg that I am going to get working on again. I plan to do my other leg too. I wouldn't mind getting a sleeve on the other arm also.

I wouldn't mind seeing pro golfers on tour with tattoos. My guess is with over 50% of the population being tattooed its only a matter of time.

I feel like golf can sometimes still be looked at as if we're in the early 1900's. I'm seeing people with tattoo's learning the game and seeing golfers of many years just get them. Who really cares? We're all one with different likes and dislikes. It isn't ruining the game, perhaps it might grow it? That's what we all want in the end! Maybe there's people out there that are afraid they wont "fit in" because they have tattoo's and shy away from trying it. Some of the nicest and most down to earth people I have met have tattoo's. Has anyone noticed that on the last two seasons of Big Break on Golf Channel has had contestants with multiple tattoo's on their arms/legs? Maybe that's a way the GC is trying to reach out to ALL and open the eyes of general public to get out and try this great game that has changed the life of many including myself. Just be yourself.

Well said and I have noticed that on Big Break. There are probably mini-tour guys out there now that I just don't know about. It would be really interesting if an existing and established tour pro went out and started getting ink. I think some of the old guys would blow a gasket.

I have 5, none are visible with a T-Shirt on, and most of the guys here that I have played with probably dont even know I have them. I did meet Buckjob @ the TX Invitational and he has a few! It really doesnt bother me at all.

I have a half sleeve on one arm, one on the inside of my other arm and a knee down sleeve started on one leg that I am going to get working on again. I plan to do my other leg too. I wouldn't mind getting a sleeve on the other arm also.

I wouldn't mind seeing pro golfers on tour with tattoos. My guess is with over 50% of the population being tattooed its only a matter of time.

Excuse me? Where did you come up with that?

Doesn't matter to me. I've never wanted one, never could think of anything I wanted following me around forever.
Not sure I want to play with a guy with a snake on his face, but other than that go to it.

I'm not a fan and sure do not understand why folks want them.

I don't care if/when a pro has them. I guess I am old or old school because I think the more pronounced and visible tats say something about the person, and not necessarily in a good way. But to each there own, other people's tats don't impact me.

Its cool with me. No reason to judge a Person on his/her wishes and desires. There is enough judgement in this world already no need to to promote even more.

I really could care less if someone has tattoos, but neck and face do freak me out. If they only lasted a few years I would be all over it, but I can't imagine trying to pick something out that will look good on me in twenty years or more. My mom also told me if I get a tattoo I wouldn't inherit anything, while I think she is joking I'm nor sure I want to find out.

Excuse me? Where did you come up with that?
Sorry it was something I heard it is actually 40% of age range 26-40. I should have googled before I posted.

Having been in corrections for a few years, "sleeves" and "tears" indicate to me the inside population. May not be true in some cases, but it's the first thing that goes through my mind and is highly prevalent "inside".

I have no problem with them. I'm sure we'll see them on Tour at some point relatively soon.

I also believe they put a person at a professional disadvantage in many situations and would encourage people to think about the consequences before getting something hard to cover.

Snap hooked from my Galaxy S3

This is a topic close to my heart. I was a tattoo artist for years when I was younger. I have two arm sleeves both legs are tattooed and my neck is tattoo as well. I am now in Corporate America. When I say this I mean I literally sell to C level executives and HR departments. I literally wear my decisions on a daily basis and have not to this point had any negative impact. I am sure people see me and judge initially but all it takes is about a 30 second conversation and you know who I am. It's amazing how many grandmas want to ask me questions about my art work after I hold the door for them. It's about the person not their tattoos.

It's about the person not their tattoos.
I understand what you and others are saying, but the way we present ourselves does matter. Clothes, personal hygiene, personal appearance, etc. People judge. That is the way it is. See me and you'll think balding overweight guy that wears mostly bland clothes. That creates a reaction too, not always good, depending on the environment.

Anyway, back to the OP...I suspect the first person to do it on tour will have a Fowler/Daly like following and will probably be able to really turn it into a marketing bonus.

they don't bother me at all the look a bit creepy when they start creeping up the neck and on the face

I have a couple ony forearms that show when i wear short sleeves. I know people judge and dont care. I took a couple years thinking through each one to make sure i was absolutely sure. I like tats and do wantanother at least one down the road, but i am also not a fan of face and neck tats.

I understand what you and others are saying, but the way we present ourselves does matter. Clothes, personal hygiene, personal appearance, etc. People judge. That is the way it is. See me and you'll think balding overweight guy that wears mostly bland clothes. That creates a reaction too, not always good, depending on the environment.

Anyway, back to the OP...I suspect the first person to do it on tour will have a Fowler/Daly like following and will probably be able to really turn it into a marketing bonus.

I totally agree with what you are saying. Just saying ULTIMATELY it's about the person. If someone doesn't talk with me or approach me with respect because of my tattoos they are the type of person I want nothing to do with anyhow. I guess it's a good way to weed out those people from ones life.

OP, I would also suspect it to be Fowler type following or even a Bubba following.

I've got a few. Im going to get one more and im probably done. One of mine is my oldest daughters name, so the next one i get will be for my youngest daughter.

The last poll I saw said that 21% of adults have a tattoo. They don't bother me but I would never get one. I will say that large tattoos that can't be covered by clothing will certainly limit your employment opportunities. I was just at one of our sales meetings with 400 of our reps attending and not one had a visible tattoo. Of course many people(like my brother who has 15 tattoos) would never want a job at a fortune 500 company!

The same with the Flat Brim page, It doesn't bother me at all. Some people fit different styles of Hats, Clothes, Tattoos and Hair Styles. What ever makes you happy in the end really only matters, I one day want a half sleeve. But thats one day down the road.

I respect my body and have two.

One in the inside of my right bicep of my daughters name and one on the top of my right bicep/shoulder which show my heritage - St George's Cross for England, Silver Ferns for New Zealand and 17 in Roman numerals (XVII) which is the day I met my wife, the day we married and the day my daughter was born.

More to come....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Couldnt care less one way or the other. If someone has tattoos, thats cool.

Back