Tattooed Golfers...What's your take?

syndicate559

Sweet Trajectory
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.6
I searched and there was a tattoo thread that died over 3 years ago, so I thought it would be interesting to start another one. Tattoos are becoming more socially acceptable all the time, but golf is probably the most conservative of the mainstream sports. Still, with younger generations coming into the sport, I can't help but wonder how long it will be until the first professional with highly visible tattoos is out on tour.

Personally, I'm a fan. I have what you would call, for lack of a better term, a quarter sleeve on my left arm that goes down to just about where a short shirt sleeve ends, a little lower depending on the shirt. I'm seriously considering going full sleeve on that arm in the coming months. I'm self-employed and have been for over a decade. I don't plan on that changing, so there really aren't any professional issues to worry about. My wife and family are cool with it (this will actually be my big 40th birthday present). Not planning anything dark or evil, just some fun, colorful, high-quality work.

I have several friends who are professional musicians and are tattooed from head to toe and they love to play golf. Lots of pro athletes and celebrities have tattoos and play golf. I'm sure there are more than a few old guard golfers at private courses who look on them in disgust, but wonder how the average golfer feels about this today.

Do any of you guys have or want visible tattoos? If not, how do you feel if/when you see other golfers with them? "Polite" discussion encouraged :angel:

Don't have any, don't exactly want any, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if people have them

"Officers do not get tattoos."

Not a big fan of them but I do not mind if anyone gets them. Funny how many of my friends who got them regretted them after a few years.

I would never get any but my teacher has a full sleeve. Doesnt bother me.

I don't have any at all, but I would never get tattoos that were highly visible and in large areas. I don't have a problem with anyone who has tattoos, I just hate seeing flat out ignorant and uneducated ones. I do think they should be kept to a minimal exposure while on the course or in professional play.

I have 2 on my right bicep, 1 is visible with a polo shirt on. So I'm a fan and think in a few years we'll start to see some pros with multiple visible tattoos.

Only thing that bothers me are full neck tattoos. Those creep me out.

As for sleeves and whatnot, I'd never get them but I don't care in slightest if others have them.

I don't have any but am thinking about getting one on my arm one day. Like you I think they are becoming more socially acceptable, and I have no problem with people having them exposed. We have a guy at work that has both arms done and they look quite cool. But seeing them on the course It wouldn't bother me.

Only thing that bothers me are full neck tattoos. Those creep me out.

As for sleeves and whatnot, I'd never get them but I don't care in slightest if others have them.

Neck, face and hand tattoos are asbad as it gets in my eyes. but in general, I an fine with tattood golfers. I have no interest myself.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

I have one on my right arm that is high enough that you would never know it's there when I have a shirt on. It's a tribute to my late father, so I don't regret it in the least. I don't have a problem with "exposed" tattoos but I wanted one a little more discreet.

Tap, tap, taparoo

I have 5. 2 are full wrap armbands 2 on each calf and on on my right shoulder blade. I love mine and only got them after careful consideration on what I wanted. I will be getting more.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Don't have any, don't exactly want any, but it doesn't bother me in the slightest if people have them

More less where I'm at. Not my thing. As they say, to each his own....

They can look cool. As long as they are on someone else. I'll never have one.

Paging Buckjob to the thread!! LOL

I don't have any....but I don't have any problem with people that do.

Tattoos are becoming more socially acceptable all the time, but golf is probably the most conservative of the mainstream sports.

Not sure I agree with that...

Not sure I agree with that...

Really? I guess the level of acceptance probably varies in different areas, but I don't think there's any question that there is a much different perception than there was when I was a kid, or even 5-10 years ago. Just my opinion, though.

I feel like golf can sometimes still be looked at as if we're in the early 1900's. I'm seeing people with tattoo's learning the game and seeing golfers of many years just get them. Who really cares? We're all one with different likes and dislikes. It isn't ruining the game, perhaps it might grow it? That's what we all want in the end! Maybe there's people out there that are afraid they wont "fit in" because they have tattoo's and shy away from trying it. Some of the nicest and most down to earth people I have met have tattoo's. Has anyone noticed that on the last two seasons of Big Break on Golf Channel has had contestants with multiple tattoo's on their arms/legs? Maybe that's a way the GC is trying to reach out to ALL and open the eyes of general public to get out and try this great game that has changed the life of many including myself. Just be yourself.

No good golfer has tats, only guy I know has a bunch and all he does is 3 putt from 5 feet away, doesn't matter which of his 40 custom putters he uses. I don't want to name him but his screen name sounds like duckslob

Last edited:
Paging Buckjob to the thread!! LOL

I don't have any....but I don't have any problem with people that do.

yeah im pretty sure he has two full sleeves..

i don't really mind, as long as it's nothing offensive..

I see nothing wrong with tats on a golfer, some look pretty cool. I have zero desire for one of my own, but don't mind them on others.

I have 9 and there are 4 or 5 more in the works..

Just tap it in...Just tap it in.

i dunno why anyone would deface their bodies like that? Guess some people think they are "cool" or something. i just don't get it! i have respect for my body. And now a days so many people have them i think its cooler not to have any tattoos.

Back