Does your mood effect your golf, or does your game effect your mood?

For me as the Famous Denny Crane used to say "I have Mad Cow disease" as far as bad shots go, I forget them right after I hit them and look at the opportunity to hit a good/great recovery shot and salvage the hole.

Now with that said, I regularly play with a group that ranges anywhere from 5 to 10 other guys, and as we all know, we all can have 1 or 2 people in group situations that we just don't jive with on a personal level. We play a modified Stableford points game (each point is worth a quarter) and while it is usually just for quarters, I still do my best not to be in the same threesome or foursome as that or those people cause it can effect my mood, but when it cant be helped I try to regroup and it actually ends up helping me focus even more cause I just want to take as many of their quarters as possible.

But no matter what I always feel Blessed that I am getting to play this great game and try to remember that I am playing for my own enjoyment and not for a living as that would no doubt result in me being 30 lbs lighter and living in my car somewhere.

I try really hard to let golf cheer me up if I'm down or pissed about something. If I'm playing badly that doesn't always happen :banghead: On the whole though, golf makes my day better.

JM

My mood improves and I become more productive from the moment I book a tee time for the weekend. No Joke! I really don't carry anything negative on to the golf course...this is not to say I haven't had my days once I got there!
I love playing golf and knowing I have a tee time to look forward to puts me in a good mood.

I'm always happy on the course. I'll save being pissed for work or somewhere, but not on the golf course.

It may just be me, but when I'm on the course and the wife isn't happy about it, I can't play well. I always play better when I get the "enjoy your round" or "hope your playing well" text.

My mood affects my golf... although golf does always make my mood improve!

I'm a proponent that happy golf produces good golf. I don't let bad shots or holes effect my mood because I don't want to let it carry on to the next shot or hole.

Sometimes I get mad when I'm playing poorly. However, the vast majority of the time I am soo much happier being on the golf course! My wife will attest to the fact that I'm noticeably more miserable during the winter when I can't get out and play.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I am always happy when I start a round of golf. Just excited to be there. May not stay happy through the entire round, but given a couple hours to process things I generally look back at it as a good time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When I was younger, bad golf put me in a sour mood for a couple hours after a round. Starting at about age 28, I stopped playing competitive golf and the game became fun again. I don't let a bad round get me down at all anymore. I might be a little happier if I"m playing at or below my index that day but I always am happy on the golf course. I think having 3 kids and being married for 20 years has made me realize that a bad golf shot is not worth getting upset about. I do find myself laughing out loud when someone in my foursome is taking the game to seriously.

I try not to let a bad round of golf get to me too much. It can frustrate the hell out of me, but at least I was golfing. Even during my three round pushing 100 slump I had last summer, I didn't let it get to me TOO much. I made a thread about it, but that was it.

I would like to say that playing badly doesn't affect my mood - but it does, at least somewhat. But I would say this - on the opposite side - playing well really gets me in a great frame of mind. My wife has told me on multiple occasions she can tell what kind of round I had my first 30 seconds upon my arrival home lol. As far as my mood affecting my play when I get to the course, it has never really been as issue. I have had some really good rounds after fights with the wife, work issues, etc. The course seems to be the one place I can really block out outside distractions and just focus....

Shot an 84 (45-39) yesterday, I came home in a really good mood. heh

A day of struggles on the course is just that, I don't get too upset about it anymore. If I go to the course in a sour mood, golf usually pulls me out of it.

[h=2]Does your mood effect your golf, or does your game effect your mood?[/h]Yes!

I have to say my mood effects my golf - if I am stressed over something in my personal life (work, finances, relationships, etc) I try to have as good a time as I can - score typically explains this further.

If my mind is clear, 90% of the time I am going to have a better round.

Was thinking about this today. I can seriously sense a change in my mood and how I feel depending on how my golf game is going. Is it rational, definitely not. But certainly the truth.

Id say between the two, my mood affects my golf. I dont get upset if I have a bad round because I play golf for fun, so it doesnt matter. Sometimes though, Im in a bad mood for whatever reason and the ups and downs of golf bother me more than they should.

My mood most certainly affects my golf not the other way around. I dont usually have a great day and golf spoils it. If anything I am having a bad day and I happen to golf ****** as a result of too much stuff on my mind.

I always am in a positive mood.

Good example: I started off a round pretty decent. Three pars in a row. Then my ex texted me, fired up old poopy feelings. I was +15 the next 10 holes. I stopped thinking about her BS then finished the round with only +2. So yeah... it affects it.

I play golf to relax and enjoy myself. It’s an escape from the toils in life. Bad moods are left in the car!

Golf is a happy time. I don't think I've gone golfing in a bad mood.

I may get impatient sometimes if it's backed up, but bad shots might get a club thump or a "you drive on ahead, I need to take a walk" but then it's over and I am back to normal. My game is not so good that some bad shots ruin a round for me.

I won't golf if I am mad or upset, not worth it.

Back