Any scotch drinkers

Any scotch drinkers

Edit again:

I've had Middleton Irish whiskey but don't see any scotch.

Am I high?

If you liked it try redbreast . Also made by Jameson and a much better drink for a far more reasonable price in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Middleton and Redbreast aren't Scotch though. They're Irish whiskey, which is typically made from potatoes while Scotch is Scottish whiskey typically made from peat. With that said, I enjoy both a good deal, even though I prefer bourbon. Lots of bourbon.

Edit again:

Am I high?

Samesies.

I've been drinking and got all confused.

I didn't think there was a Middleton scotch.

Cheap Scotch is a nasty thing. A cheap single malt is a bad thing, but if you've ever been made to try a blended whisky (ie Bells), then it's only good for cleaning out your drains with really.

Just because it is blended doesn't make it cheap or bad IMO. I have had some pretty good blends before.

Edit again:

Am I high?

If you liked it try redbreast . Also made by Jameson and a much better drink for a far more reasonable price in my opinion.

Middleton makes two scotches. Different brand tho. Neither I can afford but both amazing.
That or I was a lot drunker than I thought listening to my brother in law. Which is very possible.

Figured it out. Middleton is Scotch, Midleton is the Irish whiskey.

Just because it is blended doesn't make it cheap or bad IMO. I have had some pretty good blends before.
Lots of good blended scotches.

Agree. I actually prefer blended.

Just finished the last of my Oban 14.

Next purchase is going to be Oban 18. Can't wait.

In my cabinet:

image383.jpg

the Lagavulin, Glenlivet and Glenfiddich were gifts, not my favorites......the others, well I like them a lot!

Just finished the last of my Oban 14.

I drank some Oban 14 two weeks ago. Just got a bottle. Good stuff.

Anyone try Dalwhinnie 15? I like the taste.

Just had some Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban. Very tasty. Aged in port barrels.

I drank some Oban 14 two weeks ago. Just got a bottle. Good stuff.

Anyone try Dalwhinnie 15? I like the taste.

Bought my father in law a bottle for his birthday and he loved it. I'd had it before so knew what to expect, need to get myself a bottle at some point I think.

Seconded! Love Balvenie Double. Nothing else comes close.

Hard to find here but by god it's good! I always tell people that they need to try it when they ask for a whisky recommendation.

What are you paying for a decent bottle
In the states?

I found on Oban a website for $62....closer to $80+ in stores.

I got Dalwhinnie for around $55.

Looking for something along the lines of J. Walker Green Label (in taste). Any recommendations?

Only Scotch I like is Oban. But I love Jameson Gold Reserve Irish Whisky. And Tullamore Dew for a little lower price point.

Got a bottle of Lagavulin 16, had a glass tonight. Can't decide if I like or not...almost too peaty, but at the same time, not. It's confusing.

Last edited:
Got a bottle of Lagavulin 16, had a glass tonight. Can't decide if I like or not...almost too peaty, but at the same time, not. It's confusing.

Lagavulin 16 is one of my favorites. LOVE that smoky finish to it.

If you are a fan of smoke and peat monsters Caol Ila is extraordinarily tasty.

For fans of highland scotch, I tried GlenDronach while I was at a bar in Brooklyn. Great tastes true to a highland scotch. Price was right too.

Laphroaig, Balvenie, Oban. Delicious.

Back