People with Good Swings to watch?

MetalStretcher

Reaction score
Handicap
Just getting into golf, what are some guys with great swings that I can view on YouTube and try to emulate?

I would say Tom Watson would be a good one.

Fred Couples, Jason Duffner and Rory are some good ones too

Freddie Couples and Erine Els for tempo for sure. But gotta agree with Dan on Adam Scott. Also Tiger Woods from 2004-2009

Freddie Couples and Erine Els for tempo for sure. But gotta agree with Dan on Adam Scott. Also Tiger Woods from 2004-2009

What I like about Scott is how technically sound he is. While Couples, Ernie, and even guys like Rory all have amazing swings, they are kind of working with their own moves and transitions.

Dufner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What I like about Scott is how technically sound he is. While Couples, Ernie, and even guys like Rory all have amazing swings, they are kind of working with their own moves and transitions.
I completely agree which is why I said for tempo :) they have their own swing but if you were teaching someone to emulate a pro it'd be hard to beat Adam Scott.

A lot of guys have great swings, but one of the things my instructor mentioned was that when he gets a new client, he tries to find a swing that's close to what the starting swing is - everyone has different body types and mechanics, and trying to emulate a swing that your body may not agree with may not work out for the best.

Just pulled up some of these guys, and yeah wow Adam Scott's swing is by far my favorite. I don't know anything about anything but wow. I bet he pulls all kinds of ladies at the driving range :)

Tom Purtzer and its not close.

My favorites on tour now are Jason Day, Adam Scott, Rory McIlroy, Louis Oosthuizen, and Charl Schwartzel. But what mpeterson says above is a very good point. My instructor tends to refer to videos of Lee Westwood, Aaron Baddeley, and sometimes Rory for comparison to me, as my swing has some similarities to theirs.

My instructor likes to use Justin Rose for his example a lot.

My instructor likes to use Justin Rose for his example a lot.

He has such a smooth swing. Love to watch him play golf. Even his misses look great haha

What is your build? How tall are you? What sports are you good at?
Just getting into golf, what are some guys with great swings that I can view on YouTube and try to emulate?

What is your build? How tall are you? What sports are you good at?
I'm 6'5" go between 180 and 200lbs. Awful at the plate in baseball, decent at football, never played any other organized sports. Fairly athletic in the pickup game sense, have been in manual labor all my life. Never played High School or anything. Feel like I am a fairly quick learner.

Luke Donald is good to watch as well.

Welcome to THP and to golf, metal!!

I'd say Adam Scott is a good one -- Just don't watch him putt!

Canadan is who I watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben Crenshaw, Ernie Els, or Davis Love III

At 6'5" I'd look at Ernie Els, Adam Scott, Charl Swartel, Nick Faldo, VJ, Davis Love...anyone 6'2" and taller
I'm 6'5" go between 180 and 200lbs. Awful at the plate in baseball, decent at football, never played any other organized sports. Fairly athletic in the pickup game sense, have been in manual labor all my life. Never played High School or anything. Feel like I am a fairly quick learner.

Adam Scott, louis oosthuizen, even Charl Schwartzel has a pretty good swing.

I agree with looking at the guys who are taller. After DL3's win the other week, I watched some videos of his swing on youtube and there are some nice breakdowns of it that would be helpful.

Back