Putter Collector or...

SethO

IXOYE
Reaction score
...Putter *****. I love putters. There is just something about them that appeals to me. I like to collect things and I am starting on my putter collection. As most of you know I won the Kia Ma in the last contest and that was the best putter I have ever used. I recently bought a Nike Method because I wanted to give another design a try and I love the way it rolls the ball. Now that Mr. Ma is coming out with a new series, I am wanting one of those. For all you putter whores out there, how do you decide which ones to game? I am pretty sure I will end up with a Kia Ma putter in the same style as my Method (it is style 003).

Edit: The filter caught the W word. I didn't even know The Paradise had a swear filter. Is this new?

I dabble in this and have in the past. I like odd and rare things outside of the SC world. Numbered putters are fun, and funky designs are fun as well. I also really prefer things from smaller putter makers.

It probably depends on your mood and which putter has been working the best for you :)

I have a lot of putters.

Some I've built, most I've bought and I have a few that I think qualify as "classics" if not as collectibles. I have an old Ping Anser and a Ping Cushin. I like them because they have the old sound slot cut into their soles so they actually "ping" (which is where the name came from). I also have an old Bullseye and a T.P. Mills that used to be my number one "go to" putter; both of which might also qualify as classics.

Other than that, I just have a lot of putters.

-JP

great responses lady and gentlemen. I agree with you JB, I would love to have a few numbered putters, but I imagine those get kind of expensive.

Any one have a Rail Gun putter in their collection?

I have been collecting and restoring clubs and putters for years and for a long time I had about 150/200 putters. I have since sold most everything but while I had most of them, I very rarely gamed most of them as they were just not suited to my style of putting. For me gamers and collection putters were two different things.

well I think I'm down to about two dozen.There's only one I truly love a Morgan carbon steel 006 but I cheat on it with a couple more a Cameron ss newport2 and a ss morgan 007.I have an couple of old Spalding t.p. mills that's pretty sweet as well as some old pro-feel bullseyes for nostalgia.PING anser 2,odessey 2 ball blade,SC circa 62 #1and a SSB proto are a few also ..The ssb and a Yes I have were won here on THP

Seth did you get one of the special edition Nike Method putters they offered? I wanted one but forgot about it and by the time I checked online it was sold out. Would have been sweet to have a special edition Methond with my name on it! Ive started to keep my putters too instead of selling them. Putters seem to be the most unique and interesting of all the golf clubs.

Last edited:
I got rid of a couple dozen and thined out the herd
befll027.jpg

I got rid of a couple dozen and thined out the herd
befll027.jpg

Thats a nice collection you have going there. Which one do you use the most?

Seth did you get one of the special edition Nike Method putters they offered? I wanted one but forgot about it and by the time I checked online it was sold out. Would have been sweet to have a special edition Methond with my name on it! Ive started to keep my putters too instead of selling them. Putters seem to be the most unique and interesting of all the golf clubs.

Nike only offered the special edition in model 001. Setho got the 003 meaning he just got it a few days ago.

Nike only offered the special edition in model 001. Setho got the 003 meaning he just got it a few days ago.

Thats correct I forgot that little detail. Another reason why I didn't make it a bigger deal to remember the day they offered that deal. I wanted the #003 too not the #001.

Sorry for not answering sooner. I had a business meeting that ran pretty much all day with not very many breaks. I wanted to get the limited edition, but I didn't want to part with the 500 bills that they wanted. I love the way this rolls the ball though.

Sorry for not answering sooner. I had a business meeting that ran pretty much all day with not very many breaks. I wanted to get the limited edition, but I didn't want to part with the 500 bills that they wanted. I love the way this rolls the ball though.

Yeah 500 is A LOT for a putter, even if it does have your name on it. I just picked up the new Odyssey Black Tour #3 and that was the most expensive putter yet for me. But I just LOVE looking down at it and so far so good on the roll. Very smooth! I want to try one of the Nike's but I have yet to see them show up around here.

Yeah 500 is A LOT for a putter, even if it does have your name on it. I just picked up the new Odyssey Black Tour #3 and that was the most expensive putter yet for me. But I just LOVE looking down at it and so far so good on the roll. Very smooth! I want to try one of the Nike's but I have yet to see them show up around here.

I think I got lucky. I saw where the release date was Feb first or second, but I got mine Jan twenty ninth or thirtieth from the PGA Tour Superstore. I wasn't going to buy it, but I couldn't resist. I hit the Odyssey Black and loved it too. Great feeling putter. I tried a Black Series i #9 and really liked it. To not have even been playing a year, I have some awesome putters in the collection. NCX Ray, Kia Ma Rossa TP, and the Method.

great responses lady and gentlemen. I agree with you JB, I would love to have a few numbered putters, but I imagine those get kind of expensive.

Not that I was actually LOOKING for one:act-up:, but I saw a Scotty Cameron go for ~$1800 this week on ebay.

Anyone have a "collection" of those?

I think I got lucky. I saw where the release date was Feb first or second, but I got mine Jan twenty ninth or thirtieth from the PGA Tour Superstore. I wasn't going to buy it, but I couldn't resist. I hit the Odyssey Black and loved it too. Great feeling putter. I tried a Black Series i #9 and really liked it. To not have even been playing a year, I have some awesome putters in the collection. NCX Ray, Kia Ma Rossa TP, and the Method.

Cool! Did you order it from the PGA Store or you have one close to you? All I have around me is a Golf Galaxy and Dicks, which are owned by the same company too or Dicks owns GG, and neither one have it.

I have the NCX Ray too and thats a very nice putter. I had trouble towards the end of last year with it being a little too hot on the face. Always seemed to come off that face really fast and bouncy. So I was looking for a little better feel and I think I have with the new Tour Black #3.

Not that I was actually LOOKING for one:act-up:, but I saw a Scotty Cameron go for ~$1800 this week on ebay.

Anyone have a "collection" of those?

My friend's dad does. Here is a pic.

30377386.jpg

Cool! Did you order it from the PGA Store or you have one close to you? All I have around me is a Golf Galaxy and Dicks, which are owned by the same company too or Dicks owns GG, and neither one have it.

I have the NCX Ray too and thats a very nice putter. I had trouble towards the end of last year with it being a little too hot on the face. Always seemed to come off that face really fast and bouncy. So I was looking for a little better feel and I think I have with the new Tour Black #3.

The face is the same for me. It just jumps off.

Thats a nice collection you have going there. Which one do you use the most?
A morgan 006 in carbon steel 350g with sound slot 33.5"

Back