Belly Putt Unboxing and Installation Pics

Just like the dudes on TV

Thumbs_Up.png

Very cool, thanks for the info on that.

Taking the Belly Plunge

Taking the Belly Plunge

I recently bought the Belly Putt conversion kit to see what all the hype is about. Practiced all week and put it in play yesterday. I made more one-putts than I ever did. I will confirm that you do seem to lose a little touch on lag putts, but from 10 ft in it was amazing. Those putts that I did miss just burned the edge... minus two holes where I butchered my lag putts (nothing like chipping for eagle but bogeying the hole.) I'm not sure if it's a confidence factor or what. It just really works for me. Keeping my Corza 34" on standby and going to buy the 43" Ghost Spider Belly today. Is it "like cheating" and bad for the sport? Who knows. Does it seem to work? Yes. Will I get ridiculed in my weekly outing? Mercilessly. Do I care? Not even a little. I know this subject gets beat to death... just wanted to give my experience so far.

Good to see you are successful so early with yours. It took me a couple of months and a few curse words before I bonded with mine however now, it would feel odd to go back to the conventional style putter. Keep up the good work and you are going to love your spider if it works for you like mine has.

I recently bought the Belly Putt conversion kit to see what all the hype is about. Practiced all week and put it in play yesterday. I made more one-putts than I ever did. I will confirm that you do seem to lose a little touch on lag putts, but from 10 ft in it was amazing. Those putts that I did miss just burned the edge... minus two holes where I butchered my lag putts (nothing like chipping for eagle but bogeying the hole.) I'm not sure if it's a confidence factor or what. It just really works for me. Keeping my Corza 34" on standby and going to buy the 43" Ghost Spider Belly today. Is it "like cheating" and bad for the sport? Who knows. Does it seem to work? Yes. Will I get ridiculed in my weekly outing? Mercilessly. Do I care? Not even a little. I know this subject gets beat to death... just wanted to give my experience so far.

Thanks for sharing this! About to go through a trial with the belly myself; hope I see the immediate confidence and success that you have.

Tappin' from the iPhone!

Good luck. I made "the plunge" yesterday, buying a Ping Pickemup belly putter. I'll practice a bit with it before taking it to the course, but hope to have the success you've had.

I hope it works for you over the long run. One putts are good!

Great job! I just got a belly putter and did not find the magic right away, though I did notice I missed almost all of my putts short, but not off line. A bit more time and hopefully I will adjust fully! It's awesome to hear that yours is working so well!

It is not cheating in my opinion. If you make more putts great. It will make the game more fun if you shoot lower scores. Congrats and keep us informed on your progress.

Following these threads is interesting to me. I will be watching. I tried the belly thing and had great putting for 8-10 rounds and then it just left me. Used my Black Series #9 again the past two rounds and had 27 and 29 putts. I just need to buy 3 putters and put them on rotation. It seems everytime I start to get some confidence with a putter it goes south.

Great job! I just got a belly putter and did not find the magic right away, though I did notice I missed almost all of my putts short, but not off line. A bit more time and hopefully I will adjust fully! It's awesome to hear that yours is working so well!

It did yesterday anyway. My big putting fault is leaving putts short... so much so that my playing partners say they "pulled a Dan" when they leave it short. Bastards :) For some reason the belly putter resolves this issue for me. I'm consistently rolling it 1-2 ft past the hole... so far anyway. Need to get back out and work on those lag putts. I wasn't very good at them before so the fact that it's challenging with the belly putter is not a problem. Side note: I never gave the Ghost Spider a thought... belly or traditional... because I'm not a huge fan of the looks. Still not, but man is that thing stable. Hard to mishit with that club. It's the best, ugliest putter I've ever used:good:

I made four birdie putts with mine today and enough other putts to shoot a really decent round of golf! I am really liking this putter :banana:

Got my belly putt yesterday and converted my Cleveland Classic #6 to a 43" belly putter! It's amazing how much better I can putt with it anchored. I'm loving this so much I ordered a Winn belly putter grip and I'm going to do the permanent conversion ASAP.

Just ordered a Winn Belly Blue 21" grip for my Spider. The stock 17" was too short for me. On back order until December 9th :angry: Shoulda used the bay to purchase instead of Dicks.

I extended the Belly Putt another inch yesterday so I could stand up a little straighter. Took 29 putts yesterday and keep getting better with my distance control (most of the time). I did take a few off the green putts including one that went through a few feet of fairway, the fringe and about 15 feet of green that went in.

I am guessing that I am finally over 500 putts with this, but still have a ways to go. I think the thousand putt rule makes a lot of sense.

I extended the Belly Putt another inch yesterday so I could stand up a little straighter. Took 29 putts yesterday and keep getting better with my distance control (most of the time). I did take a few off the green putts including one that went through a few feet of fairway, the fringe and about 15 feet of green that went in.

I am guessing that I am finally over 500 putts with this, but still have a ways to go. I think the thousand putt rule makes a lot of sense.

I've been considering giving this a try for a few months now, most of the belly putters at the local golfsmith are a tad too long for me so my eyes cant really get over the ball. For the price this is definately worth a shot. I've wasted $40 on worse.

Seems to be a trend leaning towards the Belly putters I've got to try one of these out soon. It will take quite a while to get 1000 practice putts in to be confident.

Seems to be a trend leaning towards the Belly putters I've got to try one of these out soon. It will take quite a while to get 1000 practice putts in to be confident.
Not only am I still getting used to a belly putter, I am also still adjusting the length. I was hoping I would have that part down by now, but I've changed it a couple of times already.

It's easy to convert your own belly putter. Use an old wedge shaft and cut it to where one shaft step fits into the existing putter shaft. Epoxy it, let it dry 24 hours, and install a belly grip. I converted a Ping Anser and a White Ice 2ball. The White Ice headweight is 370g and I find it sufficient. Lead tape can be used to make it heavier. The belly putter simplifies my putting stroke but it takes getting used to. I like to practice with it, but I'm more comfortable with standard length putters.

In what might be my last round of 2011, I had 29 putts today. It helps I only putted on 16 holes! I made several long putts, and my distance control was the best it's ever been. I only left two putts more than three feet away. I three putted one of those holes (#1) and on another hole, sunk my next putt after a 20 footer that I left 8 feet short!

It's Belly Putter all the way for me for the foreseeable future.

Nice work Smallie! A guy I played with had the Belly Putt installed in his putter. He was raving about it.

Nice work Smallie! A guy I played with had the Belly Putt installed in his putter. He was raving about it.
Next year I will have a real belly putter and this one will be off to the next person.

Great video was looking at belly putters and really seem to be taking a liking to them how is the progress still with this? I know it is an old thread, but not much about belly putters in the forum. Installation looks really simple are you still using this anyone else purchase one and have it in play?

Yes I am still using this, and am still experimenting with the length, trying to find what works best for me. I'm still getting used to it, but I do know that I will be sticking with the belly style when I get a new putter.

Back