Belly Putt Unboxing and Installation Pics

The Adams Gap Wedge was a big reason the putts were down so far yesterday.

nothing wrong with that. Im sure if you keep making the ones you stick close it will transition over to the longer ones

Good progress Smalls! Happy to hear that you think this may work! I might want to get one!

I worked on this yesterday when I was outdoing my test on the Adams clubs. With that, I am also testing the belly putt and here's how I did with that yesterday. In the Adams thread, I just put that I was within X feet on my shot to the green and I got X amount of putts. Here are my putting results.

Hole/Distance when getting on green/results (total putts in the round)
#1 / 3 feet / made putt (1)
#2 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made a 3 footer (3)
#3 / 10 feet / 2 putts, made a 2 footer (5)
#4 / 12 feet / 2 putts, made a 3 footer (7)
#5 / 4 feet / made putt (8)
#6 / 3 feet / made putt (9)
#7 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (11)
#8 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (13)
#9 / 12 feet / 2 putts. made 1 footer (15)
#10 / 15 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (17)
#11 / 12 feet / 2 putts, made 3 footer (19)
#12 / 22 feet / 3 putts, missed a 5 footer and made a 2 footer (22)
#13 / 1 foot / made putt (23)
#14 / 16 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (25)
#15 / 7 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (27)
#16 / 7 feet / 2 putts, made 1 footer (29)
#17/ 1 foot / made putt (30)
#18 / 5 feet / made putt (31)

I still only have about 165 putts with this thing, so I still have a lot of work to do. I putted well today, but I was hitting my shots on the green pretty close, so I only had one 3 putt. This was probably my best putting day in almost 3 years, both in confidence and number of putts.

I didn't putt as well today, I probably had 36 or 37 putts today, I had some one putts, but I had a few three putts today.

Awesome, seems like it was an easy transition as you have barely hit over 100 putts and you are doing great already! By the time you hit 1,000 putts your should be pretty darn good with the belly putter.

I'm probably up to between 350 and 400 putts now.

A couple days ago I had a round that I had 29 putts (not including a few from off the green). Seems like I do my best when I concentrate on holding the putter off the ground at address. When I don't, it's easy to hit the green before the ball and I leave it short. Distance control is getting better and in the previously mentioned round I sank a 25 footer for birdie. It's the longest putt I have made in years. Seems my confidence is going up too; I am not nervous over the 4 and 5 footers anymore. I might not make them, but I'm not going up there thinking that I will probably miss them.

Every round I am liking this more and more. Seems like a good fit at the moment.

I'm probably up to between 350 and 400 putts now.

A couple days ago I had a round that I had 29 putts (not including a few from off the green). Seems like I do my best when I concentrate on holding the putter off the ground at address. When I don't, it's easy to hit the green before the ball and I leave it short. Distance control is getting better and in the previously mentioned round I sank a 25 footer for birdie. It's the longest putt I have made in years. Seems my confidence is going up too; I am not nervous over the 4 and 5 footers anymore. I might not make them, but I'm not going up there thinking that I will probably miss them.

Every round I am liking this more and more. Seems like a good fit at the moment.

Good stuff smalls. I'm going to have a belly putter in the bag this weekend for the first time ever. I've rolled probably 75 putts or so inside with it. I had the same issues with stabbing the ground when I pull the putter back. Interested to see if that happens on the course.

Good read Smalls and keep working with it man and it will get even more comfortable.

Thanks for the update Smalls. Good to hear that you're improving with it!

Thanks.

I just realized that my post seems like I'm having only great putting rounds! But as I had 7 one putts in that great round a few days ago, I have had a few rounds where I had 5 to 7 three putts! In fact I had a stretch of 5 three putts in 6 holes one round.

It hasn't been all pretty, because when I'm having a bad day, it's U G L Y. I'm still in the middle of getting used to it.

ddec: it's not on my backswing where I bring the clubhead into the ground, it's on my downswing, just before contact with the ball. But if I remember to hover the cluubhead above the ground, it doesn't happen much.

Had another good day with the Belly Putt.

Had 15 official putts on the front nine. I two putted the first 7 holes, putted one in from the fringe on #8 for par, and one putted #9 for par. On the back, I two putted every hole except #18, where I had my only three putt and double bogey of the day, for 19 putts on the back, 34 for the round.

I am getting better with my distance control. Most of my second putts were less than 3 feet and the few that were longer, I made (longest was bout 5 feet). On #18, I three putted from about 10 feet, missed the first by three or 4 feet long and missed the next.

Another day, another nice putting round. Five one putts my first 7 holes led to seven 1 putts for the round to only two 3 putts. I only had one bad putting hole where I ran the first putt by 15 feet (downhill, plus I hit it harder than I planned, obviously). 31 putts today.

Another day, another nice putting round. Five one putts my first 7 holes led to seven 1 putts for the round to only two 3 putts. I only had one bad putting hole where I ran the first putt by 15 feet (downhill, plus I hit it harder than I planned, obviously). 31 putts today.

Nice Smalls. I used mine for 2 rounds last weekend and switched back for Mondays round. Saturday I had 34 putts with it, including 3 3 putts. Speed was bad for the first 6-7 holes but then I got the hang of it. I felt my stroke was good and I made more 8 footers than I can remember. Also had 4 birdies so that was good. I'm going to throw it back in the bag for the weekend. It's growing on me.

I've had the Belly Putt kit on my Ghost spider putter (they don't make belly putters for lefties) for about a month now, and it's definitely helped with my tempo...like others here, I can have up and down rounds, but in all it's really helped my game. Sometimes my mistake with the Belly Putt is that I can't get the speed control right, but I think if I keep it in the bag that this will come around. All in all, I really recommend it to people who don't want to spend big bucks for a belly putter.

I've had the Belly Putt kit on my Ghost spider putter (they don't make belly putters for lefties) for about a month now, and it's definitely helped with my tempo...like others here, I can have up and down rounds, but in all it's really helped my game. Sometimes my mistake with the Belly Putt is that I can't get the speed control right, but I think if I keep it in the bag that this will come around. All in all, I really recommend it to people who don't want to spend big bucks for a belly putter.
That was my biggest issue too...speed of my putts. I had a ton of putts right on line but my speed was HORRIBLE! Sounds like Smallie is really getting it going with it though, maybe I needed to spend more time using it.

That was my biggest issue too...speed of my putts. I had a ton of putts right on line but my speed was HORRIBLE! Sounds like Smallie is really getting it going with it though, maybe I needed to spend more time using it.
Johnny Miller said it takes 1,000 putts. He could be right.

Johnny Miller said it takes 1,000 putts. He could be right.

A few rounds with 3 putts speeds up the process, right? :D

Thanks for the continued updates on this. I am really happy with my putting now but would not mind spending time with this just to see if I can improve on something that is already working pretty well.

How's the weight of the putter feel with the add on? Too heavy? Too light? Do you feel like you still know where the putterhead is in the swing?

I've heard that's sometimes a challenge if you just take your normal putter head and make it a belly putter. The weight gets all thrown off and you can have issues.

I haven't noticed any issue of the head weight. I think it would be more noticeable if you were using the same clubhead on a long (broom) putter.

It won't change effective swingweight because you're still holding at the same position with the same grip, it's just anchored.

It won't change effective swingweight because you're still holding at the same position with the same grip, it's just anchored.

Gotcha. Having never ever touched a belly putter, do you find your core moving along with the putter during the stroke? Or does that stay pretty stationary like with a conventional putter and the grip just rocks back in forth in the anchor point?

How's the weight of the putter feel with the add on? Too heavy? Too light? Do you feel like you still know where the putterhead is in the swing?

I've heard that's sometimes a challenge if you just take your normal putter head and make it a belly putter. The weight gets all thrown off and you can have issues.

As others have said, I never have felt any issues concerning the headweight of my converted putter. I like the fact that my putter is a mallet putter, as I feel that they are the best type of belly putter, but I've heard of people changing their blade putter into a belly putter with no problems.

Gotcha. Having never ever touched a belly putter, do you find your core moving along with the putter during the stroke? Or does that stay pretty stationary like with a conventional putter and the grip just rocks back in forth in the anchor point?

My core stays stationary when I'm putting well with my belly putter...the anchor point helps you get that nice smooth pendulum swing with just your arms and shoulders moving through the stroke.

Think of a grandfather clocks Pendulum. You're the clock, swing the putter.

My core stays stationary when I'm putting well with my belly putter...the anchor point helps you get that nice smooth pendulum swing with just your arms and shoulders moving through the stroke.

Very cool, thanks for the info on that.

Back