Cleveland HB SOFT Milled Putters

Four times a year my Golf League plays across the street at a harder course (138 vs 123 slope) and where the greens are much quicker with more undulation. I have to say they also seem to roll much smoother. Today ended up with my best putting in awhile with my HB Soft Milled 10.5c. Finished with 29 putts that was almost 28 after 1 50 ft birdie putt made a right turn in front of hole and stopped:(. Seven one putts and no 3 putts. Just love the feel and sound of this putter!

Played in another scramble yesterday and I made just about everything w/ my HB Soft Milled 8. It's my fav putter ever at address and combined w/ the UST All In shaft it's a home run. Right now I feel as though every putt will at the very min. have a great roll on it. I never thought I would stick w/ this and would go back to my Scotty after the :srixon: experience but at this point one of my kids is getting a Scotty.

I added a bit of lead tape to the sole of the HB1 and based off last night it was a good call. It felt a lot more stable for me in that intermediate 5-10’ range and didn’t lose the touch on the lags.

I’ve had three rounds in the last month with 28 putts or less with my 10.5c. That thing is awesome. So much confidence on the greens now.

Tried the HB4 with All-In shaft yesterday in store and seemed most successful with that putter than any of the other 4 or 5 I tried. May be on the lookout for deal on a 1 or 4. :unsure:

Putter shootout this morning at the practice green, HB Soft Milled #11 vs Soft Premier 11S.

When I bought the #11, I did so because I had wanted the different neck. Had found success late last season with the 11S, but the slant neck was never the one I wanted, it was just the one I ended up with because there was no stock.

I went into the shootout with the intention of the 11 knocking off the 11S, and then I was planning on selling the 11S.......... and then I actually rolled some putts against each other. Nothing crazy, 4 and 5 footers, flat with pretty much no break.

The 11S? I missed 2 putts, and even that was by a very small margin on the miss. The #11? Struggles. Pulling left, missing with that pull more than I made.

So, at this point, the #11 is set for demotion..... pending the results of the next couple rounds with the 11S, possibly moving on completely and recouping what I put into it. Definitely not at all ho I thought today would end up. Who would have thought the putter that would win me over today (and for at least the immediate future), would be a putter that I fought with last year, but finally came around to.

Who would have thought the putter that would win me over today (and for at least the immediate future), would be a putter that I fought with last year, but finally came around to.
golf right?

do you notice any difference in feel? do you think it is the neck or the differing alignment lines

golf right?

do you notice any difference in feel? do you think it is the neck or the differing alignment lines
I honestly think that the neck on the 11S has me lined up slightly right of the hole, and the 11 keeps me left (despite thinking i am dead center.

Feel wise, it is pretty even honestly.
It may also be the slightly different head shape (11s is a smaller head shape) is a bit easier for me to align properly.

Who knows. This could all go haywire next round out lol

Just picked up a 10.5C for an experiment with a center shafted putter. $129 thanks to a coupon at PGASS, and 90 day playability make it worth a shot.
Normally a Bettinardi guy first pick, but this has a nice feel to it.

Just picked up a 10.5C for an experiment with a center shafted putter. $129 thanks to a coupon at PGASS, and 90 day playability make it worth a shot.
I have a feeling you’re gonna LOVE it. I know I love mine.

Very nice! Enjoy it!

I played with a couple at the store. Very nice feeling putters. I just didnt need a putter, and somehow managed to not buy one.

The HB Soft Milled are definitely good feeling putters

Continue to believe there is not another milled putter in this range that comes close.

Feel is there. Lag putting is natural. The all in shaft fits it well. Confident rolling in a few 3-5 footers to finish off match.

@Nick Kane used my number 8 with all in shaft while he figures out a new putter and he was killing it with it

For the price, I honestly think you will not find a better putter on the market.

Cleveland has packed a ton into these putters. Just so good.

Kicking myself for not jumping on the good deal in the BST :confused:

IMG_8630.jpeg
HB Soft Milled #1 on the left. Scotty Newport 2 on the right. Pretty darned comparable.

Seems like the distinguishing factor is the AllIn shaft. Look forward to testing this out.

Not that I need another putter ever again, but the reviews, the price and the All-In shaft keep me wanting one of these. Torn between a 10.5s and a 11s - just not sure what shape I like best…

2 rounds in with the #1 with All In shaft. I haven’t been pouring them in, but lag putting has been great.

Question for those with a 10.5 or an 11 - do you feel the putter head is kind of small? I got to try a 10.5 today and loved the feel but was surprised at how small the head was compared to what I had in my mind. Maybe I’m just used to larger mallets? 🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Question for those with a 10.5 or an 11 - do you feel the putter head is kind of small? I got to try a 10.5 today and loved the feel but was surprised at how small the head was compared to what I had in my mind 🤷🏼‍♂️.
I have a 10.5 and the face IS smaller than any previous putter I’ve had. (At least an inch in the side to side dimensions). Honestly, I love it. Great feel… off center strikes don’t feel nearly as bad as with a wider face.

I have a 10.5 and the face IS smaller than any previous putter I’ve had. (At least an inch in the side to side dimensions). Honestly, I love it. Great feel… off center strikes don’t feel nearly as bad as with a wider face.

I absolutely loved the feel of the one I tried…thinking one with a lamkin sink fit grip and an all in shaft would be very nice…

I absolutely loved the feel of the one I tried…thinking one with a lamkin sink fit grip and an all in shaft would be very nice…
I really can’t think of a reason to tell you not to put one in play, especially if you’re feeling confident with one. At the price point, they’re a great value.

Back