Cleveland Launcher Ultralite FW Wood Review

Glad you're liking the FL TC! I'm not surprised though, it's just that good.

Nice looking swings with the FL, TC! You're going to rock that thing today.

Nice swings TC! Hoping it kills it on the course for you today.

OG & I had the Flip video out yesterday doing some videos of the Adams a12 OS. I asked him to shoot one with me hitting my Cleveland 17° 3 wood since I was working on alignment issues. This shot set me up for a nice birdie on a par 5. As you can see, our fairways are toasted. It hits even better on real grass. ;)

Nice KB! I'm glad you bumped this thread this morning as this fairway wood was on my mind. I had a golfathon yesterday with One-T and a couple of our buddies. We played 27 holes and for my last 9 I decided to use this club exclusively off the tee. I'm almost certain that I hit it as far, if not further, than my Octane/Radix combo. I was hitting it out there with the other guys using their drivers and a couple of times even further. Getting use to the physical length of the 3wood has been my biggest adjustment but I think I'm getting that ironed out at this point. I have a tendency to get a little to close to the ball with this club thus resulting in contact a little bit closer to the heel than I desire.

It really is a good 3wood though and I am glad I'm experimenting with it.

Great videos TC. Glad you are enjoyng the club. Maybe I missed it but what motivated you to go out and get this club?

Great videos TC. Glad you are enjoyng the club. Maybe I missed it but what motivated you to go out and get this club?

Mostly peer pressure, lol. Nah, when JB wrote about taking his Octane out of his bag b/c this outperformed it, I was kind of shocked. I've seen him play golf with his Octane a few times now and he murders it. I'm also a bit of a 3wood ho man. I know it's odd, but I am. I've had a bunch. I think a 3wood is an important club to have in the bag dude. So far, this thing is impressing me. It's definitely a bomber and I am really digging the light weight package. I don't have to work as hard to get distance out of this bad boy.

Mostly peer pressure, lol. Nah, when JB wrote about taking his Octane out of his bag b/c this outperformed it, I was kind of shocked. I've seen him play golf with his Octane a few times now and he murders it. I'm also a bit of a 3wood ho man. I know it's odd, but I am. I've had a bunch. I think a 3wood is an important club to have in the bag dude. So far, this thing is impressing me. It's definitely a bomber and I am really digging the light weight package. I don't have to work as hard to get distance out of this bad boy.

I am sure the shaft involved has something to do with that! I tried this club out (17* version) a few times on the monitor and was finding very good numbers and ball flight myself. The Octane just happend to have a better day number wise when I was ready to buy but I would recommend this club in a second to anyone looking for an easy club to hit and one that provides great results. I found the swing needed for this club work wel for me was very similar to the Mashie which would make sense based on the shafts in both.

YOu got that right. I feel like I can hammer this thing. The shaft is definitely good. I still want to regrip it though but after the way I hit it yesterday, I don't want to touch a thing.

This whole thing has me pondering.

I love my R9 3wood and I hit it well, probably about 10 yards short of my drives. But I'm really struggling with the driver at the moment. I hit my father-in-laws driver (slightly extended, reg flex shaft), and got a nice flight on it, but not a lot of distance. So I'm thinking, how about a 13* FL with the stiff shaft? The extra length of the club might just be the answer off the tee, and I wouldn't miss my driver. hmmm.

YOu got that right. I feel like I can hammer this thing. The shaft is definitely good. I still want to regrip it though but after the way I hit it yesterday, I don't want to touch a thing.

If it aint broke.....

This whole thing has me pondering.

I love my R9 3wood and I hit it well, probably about 10 yards short of my drives. But I'm really struggling with the driver at the moment. I hit my father-in-laws driver (slightly extended, reg flex shaft), and got a nice flight on it, but not a lot of distance. So I'm thinking, how about a 13* FL with the stiff shaft? The extra length of the club might just be the answer off the tee, and I wouldn't miss my driver. hmmm.

No joke dude, I don't know if I need to hit driver now that I have this club. I wasn't hitting the driver great yesterday but I can almost assure you I was hitting this 3wood as far or further. And it's a hell of a lot more accurate. My brother and I are playing in a tournament next Monday and he was talking about how I should hit it the entire time. That's a big statement from a witness especially since we're playing in a scramble. I'm not sure if there's a 13* option in LH, but if there was, I would seriously ponder that as a driver replacement.

No joke dude, I don't know if I need to hit driver now that I have this club. I wasn't hitting the driver great yesterday but I can almost assure you I was hitting this 3wood as far or further. And it's a hell of a lot more accurate. My brother and I are playing in a tournament next Monday and he was talking about how I should hit it the entire time. That's a big statement from a witness especially since we're playing in a scramble. I'm not sure if there's a 13* option in LH, but if there was, I would seriously ponder that as a driver replacement.

This goes back to the Longest FW Wood thread. The testing showed just how long this club is distance wise and after seeing OEM play it first (and out hit his driver numerous times) and now you, its starting to be that way for forum members as well as those we tested on the range.

I don't get it, and it makes me think my driver is broken or something but I don't care. I hit far too many fairways with a 3wood and this is shaping up to be a game changer.

It's really starting to make sense in my head. I enjoy hitting 3 wood much more than driver, and if this is longer than my current 3 wood, then I have a winner. My father-in-law has confiscated my driver outside of range sessions anyway for the time being! If you can get a 3 wood out there, and hit it like you are at the moment, hitting driver just becomes an ego thing....there's no real reward on the majority of shots.

This goes back to the Longest FW Wood thread. The testing showed just how long this club is distance wise and after seeing OEM play it first (and out hit his driver numerous times) and now you, its starting to be that way for forum members as well as those we tested on the range.

It's almost unanimous too! Although there's no club that will work for everyone, THP brought the evidence on this one, and it's being heartily backed up. Never thought I'd meet a 3 wood that would have a shot at the driver slot. I'm more vain than that!

I agree paulo, it's tough not pulling driver, but I know I wasn't hitting it any further. It's a total ego thing. We also played from about 6500 yards so it wasn't a short track by any means.

It sure is hard to not hit driver but if there's any club that can provide it its this one.

I don't get it, and it makes me think my driver is broken or something but I don't care. I hit far too many fairways with a 3wood and this is shaping up to be a game changer.

That was like me with that 2wood for a while. Loving your thoughts bro.

I've been torn between this and the octane for a while now. Thanks to a lot of the thoughts shared in this thread and the longest fw thread I'm definitely leaning towards cleveland at this point over the octane. Granted I'm looking at the 17* FL or the 4w Octane because in the few times I've had a chance to hit them I hit the higher lofted much better off the deck.

It sure is hard to not hit driver but if there's any club that can provide it its this one.

But why is that? Is it an ego thing? Do we just naturally assume that a driver should always be longer?

That was like me with that 2wood for a while. Loving your thoughts bro.

thanks Junior. I find that when I'm playing out of the fairway, I tend to have better chances at scoring.

But why is that? Is it an ego thing? Do we just naturally assume that a driver should always be longer?

thanks Junior. I find that when I'm playing out of the fairway, I tend to have better chances at scoring.

Thats pretty much it dude. I feel like I have to hit driver at least once or I might as well hand in my man card and watch shows like Hawaii five O and Glee.

Love to hear that you had some great success with the FL, TC! It's hard for me to review other fairway wood because I really like having this in my bag.

Thats pretty much it dude. I feel like I have to hit driver at least once or I might as well hand in my man card and watch shows like Hawaii five O and Glee.

So you're willing to possibly sacrifice your score to keep your man card huh? Dude, I've seen you rip on the 13*, it's a bomber.

I may have to try out this 3w again. I really like my superfast 2.0 but feel I am lacking consistency, especially off the fairway.

I may have to try out this 3w again. I really like my superfast 2.0 but feel I am lacking consistency, especially off the fairway.

I had the Superfast 1.0 in the bag for a long time man, since it first came out, and the FL is far superior in distance, off the deck, and especially in consistency. I was hitting the ball of the heel for a bit yesterday and I still saw great results. I do prefer the tingier sound of the Superfast though. I like a tingy fairway wood though. It's definitely a club I wanted to try, especially due to all the positive feedback. I was very skeptical about the C. Kua shaft, as it's not been a great shaft for me from Miyazaki. I'm very pleased though and for a minimal investment, you can find these fairway woods and experiment.

Back