Cleveland Launcher Ultralite FW Wood Review

For sure there's no such thing as a club that's perfect for everybody, or even 'perfect' for any body I suppose. I think it usually boils down to the shaft though. It just happens that the c. kua fits me well, if I don't push it too hard. I imagine I would probably fall in love with any club that had that shaft.

I agree 100%. It's a great club...just not a great club for me.

I wanted to like this club. I really did. A buddy of mine got the 3wood and after 2 attemps (1 off the tee and the other from the fairway) I knew this was not a club for me. Evidently lighter clubs do not match my mojo and my tempo and ballstriking show it.

Both my sons were fitted to the heavier 59g shaft for their Cleveland FL 3 woods. It is the same shaft that is in the TL310 they play. Makes all the difference to be fitted.

When's your club coming, TC?

I thinned a drive on a par 5 (of course) yesterday and was left with many yards to go, yet in the fairway. Hit this and ended up with 150 left. Saved par after a crappy drive. I love feeling confident with a 3 wood in my hand. It's a new feeling for me.

When's your club coming, TC?

I thinned a drive on a par 5 (of course) yesterday and was left with many yards to go, yet in the fairway. Hit this and ended up with 150 left. Saved par after a crappy drive. I love feeling confident with a 3 wood in my hand. It's a new feeling for me.

It is shipping out today I think. It should be here in a couple of days.

Nice that it helped you save par buddy, but even better, you didn't give up on the hole.

In the interest of reviewing the Shotmaker I had to not use it a few times where I normally would have and was left wishing I had used it. My miss with it these days is a push, which I suspect has to do with ball position. I seem to hit it better off the turf if it's a little farther back, but I can bring the push into play.

In the interest of reviewing the Shotmaker I had to not use it a few times where I normally would have and was left wishing I had used it. My miss with it these days is a push, which I suspect has to do with ball position. I seem to hit it better off the turf if it's a little farther back, but I can bring the push into play.

Sacraficing your game for testing purposes....well done dude. I am sure the ball position has a ton to do with it.

Well I gave my FL15 another shot. I moved the ball back in my stance as suggested and at first it seemed to work, but then it was back to hook central. I can't figure out what it is I'm doing with this club, but its the only one in my bag currently I just have ZERO confindence that I can hit a good shot with it.

I am kinda bummed because I'd like my 3W to be my goto club for a good tee shot on a narrow fairway, but the fact of the matter is I have more confidence I can hit my driver straight than this club, which to be quite honest kinda sucks. Especially since I really love my SL290, this being the exact same shaft and everything I really thought it would be a great fit.

Since golf season will be over soon this year I'll hang onto it, but early next year I think I'll be selling or trading it in. I really wanted to love it, but it doesn't love me back.

Well I gave my FL15 another shot. I moved the ball back in my stance as suggested and at first it seemed to work, but then it was back to hook central. I can't figure out what it is I'm doing with this club, but its the only one in my bag currently I just have ZERO confindence that I can hit a good shot with it.

I am kinda bummed because I'd like my 3W to be my goto club for a good tee shot on a narrow fairway, but the fact of the matter is I have more confidence I can hit my driver straight than this club, which to be quite honest kinda sucks. Especially since I really love my SL290, this being the exact same shaft and everything I really thought it would be a great fit.

Since golf season will be over soon this year I'll hang onto it, but early next year I think I'll be selling or trading it in. I really wanted to love it, but it doesn't love me back.

When I first got it I pulled it and my buddy cant hit it to save his life because the shaft is so light. I really had to focus on tempo and swinging to the outside and now and its working great. Dont try to kill the ball! make good contact and the club will do the rest.

So my plan was to take the Nike VR Pro 3W and the FL 3W to the range and have a shoot out. Well, I left for the range Sunday and like I usually do I decided to play 9 holes instead, lol. So, I left the Nike in the trunk and took the Cleveland out. Take a look at how it went.

Spoiler
c3e8f105.jpg

Not too bad. Distance wasnt the best because I drop kicked a couple but still pretty good.

i good good results with my fl 3 wood, off the tee i can get 240 or so out of it , off the deck around 230. i love when my ball is sitting up in the rough because i go after it with this 3 wood and get great results! getting to 500 yard par 5s isnt as tough as it use to be depending on my drive. even still driver- 3 wood leaves me with 30 yard wedge if i dont get a good drive.. im thinking about dropping my mashie and getting the 5 wood. most likely wont happen but im thinking

I picked up a demo of the 15* today(shop didn't have the 17* for demo). Heading out today for a little afternoon round and hoping to take a few swings with this when no one is looking. :angel:

Maybe its because I play a pretty lightweight driver, but I didn't notice it as being too light. Looking forward to finding some new FWs!

Well I am happy to say that this club is a monster! Only got to hit it twice in my round and both were off the tee. First was on a downhill par 4 playing 396 that features a large creek about 300 out. Pulled the FL and laced a dart right up the middle that stopped at about 260. I know what Hawk is talking about with that distinct sound, definitely a welcome "tink". The second shot was slightly hooked to the left but still traveled a good ways.

Looking forward to getting some range time with this bad boy!

Came home and my FL 3wood was waiting for me. I have to tell you, I like what I feel with this club. I've been terrified about the weight but it just feels so nicely balanced. I've ripped off a bunch of practice swings with this club already and it feels like the smoother you swing it, the more of a rhythm I seem to get in with it. Everything about it just screams rocket launcher!

Hopefully the weather holds off tomorrow and I can go get some swings in with it. Initial impressions is that I'm impressed with the overall package and I already feel somewhat confident in it.

Came home and my FL 3wood was waiting for me. I have to tell you, I like what I feel with this club. I've been terrified about the weight but it just feels so nicely balanced. I've ripped off a bunch of practice swings with this club already and it feels like the smoother you swing it, the more of a rhythm I seem to get in with it. Everything about it just screams rocket launcher!

Hopefully the weather holds off tomorrow and I can go get some swings in with it. Initial impressions is that I'm impressed with the overall package and I already feel somewhat confident in it.

Cant wait to hear what you think about it in action! This is by far my favorite club in my bag.

Cant wait to hear what you think about it in action! This is by far my favorite club in my bag.

I've been a 3wood hoe for quite some time. We'll see how she goes.

Looking forward to your thoughts TC. I've had nothing but success with the driver, and to be honest, while I love the 2.0 3 wood, you and JB, and Hawks thoughts on this club really have me pondering.

Awesome! I need a 3 wood so Ill be ainxiously awaiting your thoughts

I played golf with a guy last week who said he always has trouble with his 3 wood. I told him about my 17* 3 wood. I played with him again yesterday and he asked if he could hit it. He was so excited after hitting it that he started talking about getting a set of them. He came in again this morning and I offered to loan him my 3 and 7 wood to try out. He brought them in later and said they were "just incredible". He is definitely planning on buying the 17* 3 wood and probably the 7 wood too.

Sounds good, wait till you hit some balls with it. I'm still in disbelief sometimes at how easy this club is to hit high, long, and straight.

This is going to interesting as this club is truly a bazooka for a 3 - wood expert! Looking forward to your take on the light weight feel and any tempo issues you might have?

This is going to interesting as this club is truly a bazooka for a 3 - wood expert! Looking forward to your take on the light weight feel and any tempo issues you might have?

Same here OG. I'm hoping this bad boy is exactly what I'm looking for in a 3wood.

Haha Bazooka is a great description for the FL3W. Field Artillery, is another, dropping bombs way down range.

Same here OG. I'm hoping this bad boy is exactly what I'm looking for in a 3wood.

looking forward to how it works for you TC

Hope you bomb it dude.

Back