Cobra Golf Long Tom Driver Preview

The guys really liked the raw look and I think the finished product will be even better.

Hard to imagine it looking much better. I really like the looks of it.

It worked fine for what it was. The regular production grip will be better I have a feeling.

I know one demo day that will have one out there next spring.

And I sure wish I could attend! Hopefully the grandparents will be more willing to watch my little girl for an entire weekend as she gets older and easier to care for. After my wife played with me in her first ever scramble tournament this weekend, she's got the golf fever again and I think she'll be game for attending an outing.

The first few I choked up by an inch or so, so it seemed similar to the SuperFast 2.0. Once I gauged the feel of the club and shaft, I went for it. The first 2 were pretty good. The second few were not so good.

The big question is, how did the control of the club feel? Even though you had some miss-hits did it feel like you couldn't control the club?

The big question is, how did the control of the club feel? Even though you had some miss-hits did it feel like you couldn't control the club?

In some ways yes. In some ways no. We are not talking about a 12" distance here. I think its less than 2" longer than the SuperFast 2.0. Still a big difference, but after a few swings, you get used to it. However the accuracy issues can still be there as the longer the club is, for most golfers, the harder it is to control.

"Long Tom" reminds me of some type of junior-high locker room talk. Perhaps they are going for a "machismo" marketing strategy! If so, I like it!

"Long Tom" reminds me of some type of junior-high locker room talk. Perhaps they are going for a "machismo" marketing strategy! If so, I like it!

thats just creepy lol. I believe I saw on their twitter Tom is their R&D guy

Talk to hte guy at my shop today. Said he is bringing a few in. It'll be interesting to see it when it comes in. From talking to him it sounds like Cobra is looking to make a splash in the coming weeks.

This is going to be a fun club to test drive.

Just caught up on this thread. What a crazy club. I don't mind the raw finish but I don't like it. Thanks for the video and picture.

JB - I could not stand how light the TM SF 2.0 is, how is this driver's weight in comparison? Did the "foam" grip give you any issues?

Just caught up on this thread. What a crazy club. I don't mind the raw finish but I don't like it. Thanks for the video and picture.

JB - I could not stand how light the TM SF 2.0 is, how is this driver's weight in comparison? Did the "foam" grip give you any issues?

Its pretty light.
The foam grip is merely on the RAW version prototype we got and will not be the production grip.

OK, I'll admit it finally, I'd like to swing one just to say I tried a driver at 48".

Who know where in the hell it will go though! LOL

Its pretty light.
The foam grip is merely on the RAW version prototype we got and will not be the production grip.

Thanks. On good shots was it longer than your current driver (distance wise)?

Thanks. On good shots was it longer than your current driver (distance wise)?

Not enough time with it to tell and we were hitting into an open range with no launch monitor. Hope to know more soon.

You lost me at high and right. Oh yeah and at Cobra.

You couldn't give me this driver. Sounds like it's not that good.

I can't wait till I see someone with one of these in their bag. It will be sticking so far out the top you might as well stick a flag on it or something. I wonder how stupid the head cover will look? How can you actually make something called Long Tom look good.

You couldn't give me this driver. Sounds like it's not that good.

"Long Tom" doesnt do it for ya?

Interesting idea but it seems to me after reading that I would hit this thing 300 yards...to the right.

Im shocked at how many people are so against the name and never said a word about "Big Bertha"

Im shocked at how many people are so against the name and never said a word about "Big Bertha"

B/c fat chicks are sexier than long dudes, at least to me they are.

Plus I've never owned any Big Bertha stuff either. Also, Callaway isn't currently putting out Big Bertha stuff.

Back