Demo Day - THP FL Golf Outing 2010

I do still keep the Bush-T in the bag just in case ;)

I have a brief announcement to make:

We just got off the phone with one of the companies sending equipment for demo day and you will not believe what they are sending, it's really amazing!! With that said we want to make it very clear that some of the items being sent are pre-release items, and I am talking VERY pre-release. It is incredibly important that we honor all embargo dates for these companies and in order to make sure this happens we will be asking everyone to sign a legally binding agreement to protect the companies and THP from leaks. Due to the top secret information regarding these items we cannot allow personal cameras at the demo day, however, JB and I will be out there with cameras and we will take lots of pictures and we are happy to share them with everyone.

Cameras are definitely allowed at the dinner and any other time, however, we have to be extra cautious to protect the privacy of the companies by not taking any chances with pictures of certain products being released. Once the items are packed up after demo day you are more then welcome to grab your camera to take with you while playing. I hate to sound like the police or anything but it's just so important to us that we maintain a solid relationship with all the companies so we can continue to do events like this and to break news first for all our amazing members. On behalf of myself, JB, the companies, and the entire THP staff we sincerely appreciate your understanding.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or PM me. By the way....just wait until you see what we have in store for you at the outing, when you do you will know why this is NASA style top secret information.

I have a brief announcement to make:

We just got off the phone with one of the companies sending equipment for demo day and you will not believe what they are sending, it's really amazing!! With that said we want to make it very clear that some of the items being sent are pre-release items, and I am talking VERY pre-release. It is incredibly important that we honor all embargo dates for these companies and in order to make sure this happens we will be asking everyone to sign a legally binding agreement to protect the companies and THP from leaks. Due to the top secret information regarding these items we cannot allow personal cameras at the demo day, however, JB and I will be out there with cameras and we will take lots of pictures and we are happy to share them with everyone.

Cameras are definitely allowed at the dinner and any other time, however, we have to be extra cautious to protect the privacy of the companies by not taking any chances with pictures of certain products being released. Once the items are packed up after demo day you are more then welcome to grab your camera to take with you while playing. I hate to sound like the police or anything but it's just so important to us that we maintain a solid relationship with all the companies so we can continue to do events like this and to break news first for all our amazing members. On behalf of myself, JB, the companies, and the entire THP staff we sincerely appreciate your understanding.

If you have any questions please feel free to ask here or PM me. By the way....just wait until you see what we have in store for you at the outing, when you do you will know why this is NASA style top secret information.
Just being devil's advocate but why would you require a legally binding document to be signed after everyone has committed and sent in their deposits? It seems this is something we should have known about before committing to attend the outing in case we had issues with signing something of this nature.

Is this only because of these new clubs that are coming and has nothing to do with any other clubs that had embargo dates? Perhaps I just missed where we were told about this earlier.

Just being devil's advocate but why would you require a legally binding document to be signed after everyone has committed and sent in their deposits? It seems this is something we should have known about before committing to attend the outing in case we had issues with signing something of this nature.

Is this only because of these new clubs that are coming and has nothing to do with any other clubs that had embargo dates? Perhaps I just missed where we were told about this earlier.

It was said at the very beginning biggsy. This was just a reminder. In fact it was announced at the very very beginning when we announced the pre-release items appearing at demo day.

It was said at the very beginning biggsy. This was just a reminder. In fact it was announced at the very very beginning when we announced the pre-release items appearing at demo day.
That takes care of that. That's what I get for missing something. Thanks a bunch!

That takes care of that. That's what I get for missing something. Thanks a bunch!

No worries. We want everybody to have a blast and not even worry about this. We will be there taking hundreds of pictures that everybody can sort through and choose what they want as their own. And again, this only applies to the demo day portion of the outing. It is absolutely for protection for the attendees as well as the companies and us. We want to make sure these can be done again, with just as much stuff, and everything that goes along with it. Having the privilege to hit equipment that in some cases will not be out for over 6 months is something special for many.

I'm so freaking curious about what we are going to see!

I'm so freaking curious about what we are going to see!

The first post has a ton of clues that will lead you to believe exactly what is going to be there. Some things such as ENTIRE PRE RELEASE LINE...WOOOOHOOOOO

I am going to bring an economy size bottle of Geritol for demo day!!!! It's going to be so much fun, but I will have to pace myself with all these goodies :golf::sweat:

any time GG posts a paragraph about us having to sign things, keep cameras away, and keep our big mouths shut....i get excited!!! i think that this is huge. it shows that these companies are pumped to be a part of this and i am truly excited to be a small part of it as well. man, i can't believe that it's only like 3 more weeks. i hate to say it, but those 2 days are going to fly by, and we'll all be back to the grind again.

any time GG posts a paragraph about us having to sign things, keep cameras away, and keep our big mouths shut....i get excited!!! i think that this is huge. it shows that these companies are pumped to be a part of this and i am truly excited to be a small part of it as well. man, i can't believe that it's only like 3 more weeks. i hate to say it, but those 2 days are going to fly by, and we'll all be back to the grind again.

We were actually a little surprised by how many companies are sending over pre-release equipment. In fact only 1-2 are NOT sending over pre-release gear. That is always a curious thing as well. But a few have REALLY stepped it up and are sending enough to make your head spin and many items are not due for release for MONTHS. In fact quite a few, the attendees will be the FIRST consumers to ever hit them.

We were actually a little surprised by how many companies are sending over pre-release equipment. In fact only 1-2 are NOT sending over pre-release gear. That is always a curious thing as well. But a few have REALLY stepped it up and are sending enough to make your head spin and many items are not due for release for MONTHS. In fact quite a few, the attendees will be the FIRST consumers to ever hit them.

i feel even more special.....best decision i've made this year is attending this shindig. you guys really pulled out all the stops, and you say you are surprised, but i am not. if there's one thing you guys do and do well, it's provide for your forum members. that's why i like it here so much...i belong to something that is wonderful, has a great sense of community, and it's somewhere that i want to give back to as well. i'm sure there are plenty of others who feel the same way.

thanks a lot!

There's going to be a lot of talk in code for the next couple of months then. Perhaps Pig Latin? Ewnbay Ridgestonebay ellowbay allbay?

I too feel what TC has said above and that we are truly grateful that we have you guys (THP) to support our thirst for the latest and greatest. Just to say later that, "yeah we got a hold of those months ago." is so cool. And for the folks that are unfortunate enough not to be able to attend, I apologize in advance if we seem like we're talking as if it were an inside joke.

that cracked me up Spank, not good, lmao. Another bout with Diverticulitous and hurts like hell to laugh. Piglatin...

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I've missed all this and just catching up while on the road, but I certainly appreciate all you guys are doing for us with outing and THP as a whole!

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Thats just awesome. I really cant wait to see what I cant have yet lol

Thats just awesome. I really cant wait to see what I cant have yet lol

I can see an OEM just passing out from the sheer awesome. His checkbook will have a doomsday countdown till this stuff is released.

So I am thinking everyone will be setting their alarm clocks for "Crack of dawn" on Saturday so they can get as much time as possible with the clubs.

So I am thinking everyone will be setting their alarm clocks for "Crack of dawn" on Saturday so they can get as much time as possible with the clubs.

As mentioned above in this thread. Demo Day does not start until after 9am. Nothing will be set up prior to that.

I know I will be out there as soon as JB opens the Demo Day. I think it starts at 9.

Edit: Dang, I was trying to beat JB. iFail.

As mentioned above in this thread. Demo Day does not start until after 9am. Nothing will be set up prior to that.

Oh I know that JB, I am just saying people are gonna get up early and get the shower, breakfast and stretching out of the way so right at the stroke of 9am they can start. Or at least that is my plan.

Back