Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade R11 Irons

WHAT!!! I didnt think THP could possibly do any more and then this comes along. Thank you to THP and TaylorMade for the amazing opportunity:

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 1.0
2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock steel uniflex
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness and Distance. I tend to mishit long iron shots more often than not, so forgiveness is a big thing for me. In addition, distance is a major factor in purchasing irons. I do not have a high swing speed so I rely on the club to do alot of work. From everything I read the inverted cone technology will offer me both of the features I am looking for, distance and forgiveness on mishits. In addition because of my slow swing speed, I have been considering switching to a graphite shaft for a higher ball flight and everything I have read and watched about these irons have just glowing reviews of the graphite shafts as well.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not had a chance. I have watched all the Morgan Cup videos and these things are just absolutely beautiful and perform exactly as I would expect.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am a very active member of the community as well as facebook and twitter where I would easily be able to provide instant feedback on these clubs. Videos, pictures and write-ups at least twice a week when I will be going to the range and at least a round of 18 holes a week (until the weather forces me to stop).

Thank you again THP and TaylorMade for the opportunity and good luck to all the participants.

Wowee! Thanks Taylormade and THP!!!!

1. I currently play Nike VR Split Cavity irons, but I just ordered my first set of blades...the Tour Preferred MB!
2. I play the dynamic gold stiff shaft
3. I look for an iron with a thin to moderate topline. I want to be able to work the ball, but I still want a little forgiveness (i know the blades I just ordered are not for forgiveness but I love them lol)
4. I went to my local golf store (only one around me) for the purpose of trying them, but they wouldnt let me because they didnt have a demo iron. Not a big fan of that store. I took a look at them though and they are GORGEOUS!!!!!
5. I am very active on THP, participating in lots of threads daily. I play golf 2-3 times per week and hit the range another time or two. I have tried a lot of irons recently as I was recently shopping for a set, so I have a lot I can compare these to. I also would post pics and videos for comparison, and I can answer questions any time of the day because I check THP constantly on my phone throughout the day at work.

1. What irons do you currently play? I play the Nike VR Pro Combo Irons
2. What shafts are in those irons? True Temper Dynamic Gold x100
3. What do you look for in irons? For a long time it was sleek, small topline, blade style.. Now, I just want to hit every shot as straight as possible. I am officially looking for a forgiving iron that suits my game and looks great as well.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I did try them, and I thought the feedback was much better than "R" series irons of the past. The clubhead was extremely taped up so I didn't get a great idea of how the club looked over the ball, but it didn't seem outlandish by any stretch. An overall solid striking shot, although it was only on a simulator. Definitely some added distance from my current irons.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process would be to thoroughly compare the R11 irons with my current set to make direct comparisons, and then draw comparisons to other clubs I have hit this year. Once the comparison has been made, I will go exclusive to the R11's to generate accurate non-biased feedback. This would include both on range and on course testing, in an attempt to achieve a more consistent golf game. In my current testing effort I have utilized video, pictures, and verbal feedback, although I seem to be most comfortable with the bulk of my responses being verbal. I have also used social media to share my thoughts. My activity level has been consistent on THP for the last few months and I look forward to continuing to grow with the community through small local get togethers and the 2012 Outing! I believe in the THP community and my activity level has thrived because of that.

Another unbelievable opportunity thanks to :thp: and :taylormade: and I can't be more excited to see even more awesome reviews on this club!

Thanks to Taylormade and THP for another great testing opportunity!!

1. What irons do you currently play? Srixon Z-Star
2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock Steel Nippon 1050GH
3. What do you look for in irons? Confidence, Forgiveness, Ball flight, turf interaction, feel/weight/balance.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing process would be to provide thoughts via written, picture and video during and after use in a variety of conditions on the course and driving range. I play 2-3 times per week and go to the driving range 2-3 times a week also. I would compare them to other sets I have owned (Burner 1.0 and Z-Star's) in the areas listed above in what I look for in irons and would provide unbiased feedback. Activity Level-- Taking a more active role in the site now that I am back in the country (was overseas for 14 months and unable to play courtesy of uncle sam). I read the forums throughout the day on a daily basis and post thoughts when I can add value. THP is the source I use for any golf / equipment related questions and plan to do the same for others if given the opportunity to test.

1. What irons do you currently play?
Adams Insight XTD2
2. What shafts are in those irons?
Steel, Uniflex. I should be using stiff, however. I didn't get these fitted.
3. What do you look for in irons?
Forgiveness and distance
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts?
I've never tried them. I've oogled them at Edwin Watts though!
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I play golf 1-2 times per week, and sometimes a 9-hole tournament during the week. I'm on the range 1-2 times per week as well. I also take a lesson from a PGA pro every 2-3 weeks. I'd love to compare a high-end iron such as the R11 to my entry level irons in categories such as distance, control/spin, feel, etc. I can record videos, take quality pictures, and perform frequent written updates.

While I haven't been on THP that long, I visit several times per day and chime in wherever I can.

Awesome opportunity! These irons are amazing!

1. What irons do you currently play?- TaylorMade TP CB's 4-PW.
2. What shafts are in those irons?- Dynamic Gold XP-S300
3. What do you look for in irons?-I need an iron that has great feel, looks great at address, and has a great leading edge. Distance is not as much of a factor as accuracy is, but every yard does count. I need a club that is going to provide me with a bit of forgiveness that will not overly punish bad shots.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts?- I have not tried the R11 irons but am interested to see how they find their way into the TM iron line.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?- I have played with the 2.0's and the CB's, and seeing how the R11's have been compared to both will give me the ability to compare the R11 to them. I plan on filming videos of my use of the R11 and comparing it to my current gamer (TP CB's). I will provide daily updates via range sessions and playing rounds. I plan on playing a few rounds by playing the R11 for 9 holes and the CB's for another 9 holes. This extensive comparison will allow me to provide forum members with a better comparison between these clubs and others just like it (ex. Burner 2.0's).

I am looking forward to the reviews on the irons, good luck to all who enter for this testing. I will be heading out next Thursday for a 2 week trip so I will not be signing up for this testing. Thank you THP & TaylorMade for this great testing opportunity, I know the testers will give candid and totally honest feedback on these irons.

Awesome! Yet another great opportunity, so I can't help but put my name in the hat. I Love You THP!

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams CB2

2. What shafts are in those irons? KBS Tour 90 Steel, Stiff

3. What do you look for in irons? Confident look at address, relatively compact head, prefer cavity players irons to SGI or GI cavities.

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Haven't tried them yet, just saw them at Goflsmith over the weekend, pretty neat!

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? First off, I will shoot and post an unboxing video with my initial impression. Then, my testing process will consistent of 3-4 range sessions during the week and then at least one round on the weekends, if not two. I will bag both my CB2s at the R11s at first to conduct a comparison. I will then play several rounds with the R11s alone. I will shoot plenty of pictures and videos and provide them in the testing thread. I will also conduct a LIVE feed on twitter during my range sessions and/or rounds, giving impressions, shot results, etc... on the fly. Although I'm a high-capper right now, I'm looking to prove that players cavities can work for guys like me by really improving ball striking! Also, I'm super active on THP since I joined up in May. On here pretty much everyday. I try to post when I have something educated to say, not just blabbing!

Wow!! What a great opportunity!. Thank you THP and Taylormade. I have been wanting to hit these, but noone in my area has them in stock.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R7 4-PW,AW
2. What shafts are in those irons? I play Steel Shafts, Reg Flex, and they are Taylormade TStep 90 shafts.
3. What do you look for in irons? I am really not that picky when it comes to irons. I want something that is easy to hit, and have a good feeling when the ball comes off the face, even on mishits. I have the R9 irons, and I like the feel of the R7's alot better. My mishits are not as bad.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No, I have not been able to find them to demo. From everything I have heard. I really want to.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am on THP everyday reading posts and chiming in when I have something to add. I play twice a week and usually hit the range up once or twice as well. I would post my reviews after each range session or round. I have a twitter account and Facebook and would also post reviews there if it is necessary or I might just to get more word out about THP and Taylormade Golf.

When you do a search on TaylorMade R11 Irons in Google the first site that shows up is THP. BEFORE TAYLORMADE'S SITE!! That is awesome.

1. What irons do you currently play? Callaway X-16
2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock Callaway Uniflex Shafts
3. What do you look for in irons? My handicap is just over 20 so mostly forgiveness and accuracy. I like the clubs to have a sleek look at address. I prefer irons to look more like blades and not have a very thick topline. Sound at impact is very important as it has to have good feedback. Distance is not a big deal for me. I would rather the clubs be evenly spaced yardage wise.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Yes, tried the 7 iron demo club at Golf Galaxy and really liked it. I was almost about to buy the Burner 2.0 when these came in and I decided to wait. I really liked the look of the CBs and these seem to be a cross between the CBs and Burner 2.0
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I golf 1-2 times a week and should be able to golf till mid December. I usually hit the driving range 1-2 times a week. I would compare them to my current irons and review them on a weekly basis with video reviews. I'm very active on Facebook and have a bunch of followers on twitter which I will be able to keep up to date. A lot of my golf buddies have the latest irons and I will be able to compare it to those too (G20, Razr X, JPX-800 etc). I'm new to THP, but I'm on the site regularly.

Thanks THP and Taylor Made for this wonderful opportunity.

This is a tremendous opportunity, and one that I am signing up for immediately! Thanks to THP and TM for this incredible opportunity! Guys, I know there is plenty of you who have recently purchased irons or are currently testing irons, but I think you should still sign up. This isn't about replacing your irons, it's about testing the R11's! So sign up people.

Razr X Tours

KBS Tours

A few things that I look for: distance, forgiveness, accuracy, and these irons have that.

Yes, I sure have. I had the pleasure of trying them and they were fantastic. Even not fitting me at all, they performed wonderfully. And the best part was, they were 3* too flat for me and I was still seeing great distance and dispersion from my shots.

I believe that the testing process should be approached with the highest level of commitment. I plan on testing for the long run, and not only sharing my findings and experiences via photo/video, but by being around to answer questions in a timely fashion. My activity level on THP is pretty high. I have a good track record of being around to respond to inquiries and questions as well as providing the necessary feedback that is required to maintain long term testing that meets the expectations of THP and TM.

Taylormade Burner 2.0's

KBS Tour C-Taper Stiff-Flex

A true mix of forgiveness and distance is the only thing I care about. Things like toplines and forged or not do not play any role in what I look for, its about whats best for my game.

I haven't gotten to try them yet but the forum feedback has definitely piqued my interest.

My testing process is all about use, simple to say, but its the core of it all. Any time I go to the range or course while testing I take notes either in my phone it on an actual notebook I keep in my bag. This is huge for going back and looking over all of my thoughts to put them into a more concise post for the readers than just rambling like I tend to do otherwise. I also LOVE keeping a photographic journal (its fun to use the wife's fancy DSLR! lol) and am in the process of getting a little flip camera too!

MANY thanks to Taylormade and THP once again, way too cool of an opportunity to review for our fellow THP'ers. This is one TREMENDOUS opportunity and while I hope I get the chance, either way I cannot wait for the feedback on these after what I read form the MC!

1. What irons do you currently play? Walter Hagen T3 Irons

2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock steel shafts, Reg Flex

3. What do you look for in irons? I look for an Iron that has forgiveness if I miss the sweet spot. I also like Distance to my irons, I want to know that from most lies I can reach the green when I have the iron in my hand.

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not tried the R11 but TaylorMade's reputation is well known. The irons have a great look to them. I like their design.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing will be done on the Range and on the Course. I can get out a couple times a week to the range and twice a month to the course (minimum). I will post video and written reviews and thoughts about the clubs. I am an active member and I will be available to answer questions on the Irons. I will also update Twitter and Facebook with links to the reviews.

Thank you THP and TaylorMade for the opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Playing the CG16 Irons from Cleveland
2. What shafts are in those irons? TRUE TEMPER DYNAMIC GOLD HIGH LAUNCH .370 STEEL IRON SHAFTS
3. What do you look for in irons? Distance & forgivenes
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Not yet. Heading over to Golfsmith for a try
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I would do a comparison of my current irons & the R-11 irons. I would do some videos post picture & reviews. I would post updates on THP on TM facebook an Twitter as well. I play very often & living in Florida I will still be able to play through colder months for testing. I also play R-11 Driver & 3 + 5 woods ,so I would try to compare the likeness & the differences in Adjust-abilities in the irons compared to those in the woods.

Thanks THP & Taylomade for this awesome opportunity....

Thanks to TaylorMade and THP for yet another awesome opportunity! I have heard nothing but good things about these irons and know that the testers will be thoroughly impressed.

I currently play the Callaway X-Prototype irons

Project X 6.0 flighted steel shaft

I like to have irons that are appealing to look at when I'm set up over a ball. I prefer a thin top line, but that's not all that important. I also like to have a little forgiveness in the irons.

I have not had the opportunity to try these yet, but from the reviews I've read here and on other sites, they are something I have been intrigued by. I've hit other TaylorMade irons and have liked what I've hit more times than not.

My testing process will include taking these to the course for range sessions and on course playing on almost a daily basis. I will post updates after every round/range session to help the people reading the reviews to get an idea about how these clubs work. I'm on THP on a daily basis reading reviews and trying to get more involved in posting.

Thanks THP for giving us all the opportunity to test out equipment. I hope to hear some good reviews from whoever gets chosen to test these irons.

Thanks to THP and to TaylorMade for this testing opportunity.

I currently play TaylorMade R9 irons, 4 - AW

I play the stock KBS 90 Stiff

For irons, I look first for something that is pleasing to the eye. I do not need tiny blades with razor thin toplines, but at the same time I do not like irons with thick soles that you can see at address. Once I find an iron that is pleasing to my eye, then from a performance standpoint I look for forgiveness (especially off the toe as this is my main miss), feel, and the ability to shape shots (high and low more so than left/right). The R9's fit the bill nicely for me, and from what I have read about the R11's, they too should work for me.

I played a round last week with someone who just purchased the R11's. I hit one shot off of the tee on a par 3. Even though his specs were 2* more upright and 1/2" longer than I play, I stuck the 9 iron to 10 feet! Needless to say, I was impressed!

I believe that testing is a long term process and it requires multiple trips to the range and course to make an accurate assessment to performance (in other words, hitting a few shots in a simulator is not enough!). I have access to a driving range just a couple of miles from my house, and can get out there multiple times/week. I intend on testing the irons alongside my R9's, and will report on such attributes like distance, trajectory, feel, ability to hit different shots, how the sole interacts between the turf, etc. When on the course, I plan on replacing my R9's with the R11's so that I can report on how the R11's perform on the course. I am a fairly decent ball striker and feel that I can provide very detailed on course performance assessments which others will find useful. To enhance the testing reviews and feedback, I will provide multiple pictures and videos so that the THP community can get a better sense of the overall performance. I have been a member of THP for I believe 1.5 yrs now and have increased my activity level the past few months, and intend on doing more in the future. I visit the site multiple times on a daily basis, follow dozens of threads, and post numerous times/day now.

Another amazing testing opportunity from THP and Taylormade, thank you!

Mizuno JPX-800
True Temper Dynalite Gold XP S300
Good looks, forgiveness, and distance
I have not, nobody locally has these in stock yet to even look at.
Testing would involve both range sessions and rounds of golf with comparisons to my current an past irons sets, providing pictures and detailed right ups on each session. I have been fairly active on THP since joining and I have tried to increase my activity as of late to give back to this site for everything I've learned.

Wow, THP and Taylormade bringing the testing yet again! What an opportunity! Taylormade really are putting some great faith in the testing process and the quality of the members of THP!

Looking forward to this one. Have been eyeing up the R11 irons in the local shop recently, and they are beeeeeautiful!

What AWESOME opportunity. The Morgan Cup brought me to this site. And I have gotten a lot of golf information since joining. I even asked about the possiblity of TM producing R11 irons... THIS IS JUST BREATH TAKING! 5 lucky tests are going to be estatic! :thankyou: :thp: and :taylormade: for the Amazing opportunity for THPER's to give their feedback.

1. What irons do you currently play? TM TP MB's

2. What shafts are in those irons? DG S300's steel

3. What do you look for in irons? I have to like the way a club looks at address! I know it shouldn't be about looks, but it's what draws someone's attention first. I like getting good spin and control. Distance is nice but control works better for my game. Doesn't matter what set of irons I have, I'm not a long ball hitter.

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not tried to hit the R11 irons yet.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm very active on THP. I read and comment on other's posts when I feel that my thoughts are needed. And sometimes when they are not... (I like picking on OG, who doesn't?). I play golf 2-3 times a week and go to the range just down from work almost every work day at lunch. Not including my league on Weds night which just ended. So I would have even more testing time. I would provide constant feedback on my findings thru my Reviews with photos and videos. Plus anwer any questions anyone has.

Last edited:
This the best site ever... Where do you ever get the chance to test the newest technology on the market. Never have had the chance to test.

1. What irons do you currently play? Titleist AP2s 2009
2. What shafts are in those irons? Steel Stiff Project x 5.5
3. What do you look for in irons? Feel, forgiveness, distance, look, accuracy, spin
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Haven't tried these Irons. I had a set of TM Tour Preferred.. Loved them.. So i know TM puts and excellent set together.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? 3-4 times a week on the course and driving range. Compare shot for shot with current irons. Provide daily updates on THP and twitter. Follow THP on twitter (@ptb3313) daily and visit forums daily for new products and updates. Post on forums when i have feedback.

Thank you to THP and taylormade for this opportunity

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade CB's
2. What shafts are in those irons? Dynamic Gold XP Stiff shafts
3. What do you look for in irons? Combination of distance and forgiveness.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No, I have just read all of the great reviews from the Morgan Cup players.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would consist of comparing these to current set and reporting on the site the ball flight, distances, thoughts, etc on a weekly basis. I would test the clubs 1-2 times per week at the range and at least 2 times per week on the course. I would report back on here with photos, video and writeups of my findings. Im on the site almost every day, and in most cases mulitple times per day and have been a very active member in just 6 months, amassing over 3700 posts.

1. What irons do you currently play? Razr X Tours
2. What shafts are in those irons? TT GS 95's
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness, sleek designs, a pop off the face, diversity
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have hit them 3 times. They had S300 shafts in them which is 100% wrong for my swing so it is very difficult to give honest feedback. That day, I did not like them because of the shafts.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am always active...I always will be. I love THP and the time I spend here.

Back