Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade R11 Irons

Wow this is an awesome opportunity and a big thanks to THP and TaylorMade for teaming up so we all can learn about these gorgeous irons!

1. What irons do you currently play?
Wilson Staff Di11 irons.

2. What shafts are in those irons?
True Temper super-light uniflex steel.

3. What do you look for in irons?
I love being able to feel the weight of the club head through the swing, it really lets me work at staying in balance and getting good crisp contact, I'm not one of those golfers who gets put off by thick lines and oversize heads, quite the opposite in fact, I love the look of pocket cavities on irons, really gives me a lot of confidence in knowing that I have all that forgiveness in the club and lets me just go ahead and trust my swing, and as so many other people have said the R11's are truly one of the best looking irons out at the moment. That being said however, I will give any club a try as long as it fits my game and I hit them well then I'll play them:bashful:.

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts?
I haven't had the pleasure of trying out these irons yet, but I have heard a lot different (mostly good, a couple bad) things about them (THP in particular had a lot of great stuff).

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
If I were to be lucky enough to be selected then I plan on putting these clubs through a rigorous testing process. Firstly (after taping unboxing and recording some initial thoughts) I would take them to the range and get an initial feel for them (weight, balance, grips, initial lengths etc, etc..). Next I would again go to the range, I would take my di11's so as to compare and start to dial in distances. I would then begin taking these clubs out on to my local course and others in the area at least 3-5 times per week (for many, many, many weeks), to really see what they could do. I believe that after the first few sessions that there is only so much reviewing that can take place at the range (unless of course trying out particular shots that have been requested) and that the true virtues (or vices as the case may be) be discovered, explored and mastered on the course. That being said I of course would continue practicing with them and reviewing that process as I went along, but my main focus would be how they played on the course and in different conditions, lies, ball positions and scenarios (manufacturing shots and what have you). I would update the review thread after every use and would welcome insights or requests from any and all other members here on THP and feed back from my playing partners as well. That being said however any and all reviews I wrote (if lucky enough to be selected) would be utterly my own, of course outside information contributes to opinions, but all the information gathered would be weighed equally and my impressions would be bias free and 100% TinCupWannaBe guaranteed.
To be perfectly honest, no, my activity level isn't as high as a lot of people on here, but I love checking up on this site and almost always post at least once or twice a day, and with the academic year winding down here I'll definitely be looking to get more and more involved here at thp as well as on the course.

Thanks again for this amazing opportunity THP and TaylorMade Golf!

Last edited:
Yet another amazing opportunity! Taylormade get its! Thank you THP and Taylormade!

1. What irons do you currently play? Mizuno JPX-800
2. What shafts are in those irons? Steel Project X 6.0
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness, distance, control, consistency, accuracy, aesthetically pleasing, confidence building.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have definitely not tried the R11s. I have tried the Burner 2.0s and had I not won the JPXs I would have purchased the 2.0s.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My process for testing is to hit the driving range as much as possible and at least 1 round per week and sometimes up to 3. With the Colorado golf season nearing its end, there are a few tournaments I plan on playing in the coming weeks before heading inside for simulator and monitor time. This off season the plan is to sign up for indoor range use but to hit them out in the real world whenever possible. As for my activity level on THP, I visit the site daily and have contributed to multiple testings in the past and currently as well where I feel I have provided honest and thorough feedback relevant to other players of my ability including video feedback. I pride myself as a tester for THP and would relish this opportunity!

From my past experience, I don't think I will be picked to test these irons. However I am really excited to see the feedback and how they compared to my CG16. Good luck everybody !

From my past experience, I don't think I will be picked to test these irons. However I am really excited to see the feedback and how they compared to my CG16. Good luck everybody !

You have to be in it to win it.

Very cool. Good luck all. These irons are pretty!

Gosh I am surprised but naw not really at how much THP & TaylorMade are bringing the goods this year! You guys are are awesome and First Class to boot. Looking forward to seeing who get's their paws on these beauties and Good Luck to all! I have no doubt these dawgs will hunt as they look too pretty!

Wow, this might be the most anticipated club testing yet.... thank you THP and Taylormade!

Taylormade Tour Preferred Muscle Cavities

True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100s

Consistent performance, forgiveness, great sound/feel, aesthetics, and distance - all the characterstics that inspire the confidence needed to produce a good golf shot.

I had the opportunity to hit a demo 6 iron about 10 times in Golf Galaxy. I really liked the sound and feel, and the club looks great. Based on the monitor, I was getting fantastic distance and nice dispersion too. Overall, from that very short session, I came away impressed with the performance of the R11.

I plan to play these irons exclusively for the next several months, dialing them in on the range 2 to 3 times a week, and playing 1 to 2 rounds of golf a week. I will be looking at how these irons address the points in question 3 from above, as well as answering any questions that THP users post in the testing thread. After each session with the irons, I will be reporting back to this thread with an update. I will supplement my written posts with video and pictures as appropriate and helpful. My activity level in the forums will remain active and consistent, with the majority of it being in the golf and equipment forums throughout this testing.

Once again, thank you Taylormade and THP, this testing is going to be epic!

Fantastic Opportunity! I love TM irons!

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade TP Forged MC irons
2. What shafts are in those irons? Dynamic Gold S300
3. What do you look for in irons? Great weighting and great feel
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have tried them and I loved them from what I have hit of them. They seemed to be very forgiving and still long even on mis-hits. I love the looks and really like the feel.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am going to follow the examples in the testing example thread. I will be playing at least 3 days a week and will answer any and all questions asked. My activity will remain high.

Yet another epic opportunity to test some amazing gear.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea Pro Gold
2. What shafts are in those irons? Steel Project X 6.0
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness with a minimum amount of workability.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Interesting irons. They look like the bridge the gap between the Burner 2.0s and the TP series. The head looks like it has plenty of forgiveness in a compact head, which is attractive.
5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP? I am on THP almost daily. I will have a lot of time in simulators and launch monitors over the next few months. These will give me hard data. I have tested clubs for THP in the past. I understand what goes into equipment testing. I am an improving golfer who appreciates honest and quality feedback. I would hope to provide the kind of information that will make it possible for another golfer to make an informed decision.

Last edited:
Another great oppurtunity to test and read about some great irons from Taylormade and THP!!!!

1.What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Burner Plus
2. What shafts are in those irons? stock uniflex shafts
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness on mishits is big. The playability around the greens is very important to me too. The look at address is up there as well mainly just for that confidence factor.
4. Have you tried the R11 irons? Thoughts? I have hit the 5i at the range(about five balls), but would love the oppurtunity to hit more. I like the look at approach and they gave me forgiveness on mishits.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play golf twice a week and hit the range at least once a week as well. Plenty of photos and lots of feedback to the great THP forum members through threads and also I follow on Twitter. I'm fairly new to THP, but have gained a wealth of knowledge already with daily reads on almost every thread. I feel I owe something back to this great site and would love the oppurtunity to test these clubs.

Another awesome testing opportunity. Unfortunately, my upcoming schedule will keep me from putting my name in the mix for testing. Good luck to all. I have a feeling this is going to be another great one to follow!

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike Ignite 3
2. What shafts are in those irons? Nike Uniflex
3. What do you look for in irons? I want the forgiveness of the newer equipment with the look of old school clubs
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No, I have not had the opportunity to try the clubs yet (outside of trying them in my head after reading the MC'ers comments)
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am currently practicing 3-4 times a week and playing at least 1 18 hole round per weekend. I am fortunate enough to live in the deep south and have to opportunity to continue playing for at least to December since we haven't had an inch of rain here in literally months. I have been active on forums since the day I signed up and have a really good grasp of what a review should look like (thanks mcook77, One-T, adwillingham, griff, coolbreeze, and others) and would certainly do my very best if selected to use the types of testing I've seen in some of their other review threads.

Also, I'd like to throw a vote to One-T to review this product, cause whether or not he has anything good to say...it's worth looking at his avatar. LOL!

First off, thank you :thp: and :taylormade: for this amazing opportunity to test out the beautiful R11 irons. :banana:

I currently play Taylormade Burner 2.0 irons, and am honestly in love with them.

Taylormade Burner 2.0 Superfast 65g stiff flex graphite shafts.

There are five main things that I look for in irons: forgiveness, feel, distance, workability, and looks (at address and overall).

I have not yet hit the R11 irons, but I love my 2.0’s. I have been drooling over them since the first time they appeared on THP and in Taylormade emails.

I plan to test these irons against my beloved Burner 2.0 irons by doing write ups and videos after my trips to the course/range. I will give my honest opinions, and will write up THP worthy feedback that GolferGal has referred to in the ‘Forum Testing Example Thread’. I get out to the course at least once a week (occasionally twice), and get out to the driving range two times a week on week nights where I shoot 100 balls each time. Since I am located in Arizona, I will continue to test the R11 irons throughout the winter without having to stop for the ‘off season’.

I am a reasonably new member to THP, but it was love at first sight for me. I am on the site every day, and I have already met and played rounds with 3 awesome members. Browsing/posting on THP takes up at least 90% of my time when I am on my home computer. And when I am at work, I am regularly browsing the forum via Tapatalk on Android.

Thanks to THP and TMAG for another fantastic opportunity!!

1. What irons do you currently play? TM Burner 2.0

2. What shafts are in those irons? Steel Stiff

3. What do you look for in irons? Some forgiveness, workability, distance, and they must look good to my eye at address

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not.
These clubs look terrific and after reading previous reviews and seeing the Morgan Cup videos, I really want to test these!

These would go in my bag for the duration of the testing and reviews.
I play at least 36 holes per week and am on the range once or twice as well.
The courses in my area are varied in construction and layout.
There are links styles as well as mountain, wooded, and resort style courses so the R-11's will get a very comprehensive system of testing.
The R-11's will also get some side by side comparison testing with my TM Burner 2.0's as well as my old Cally X-20 Tours. Along with photos and videos, I will write very detailed descriptions of my findings and feelings.
My activity on THP is very high. I have over 2200 posts and am on THP multiple times almost every day.

Thanks again to THP and Taylormade Golf for this opportunity!

What an incredible opportunity. Due to the fact my swing is in great shape and I really think I could give these irons a proper run along side my current set... I'm going to have to put my screename in the hat!

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams A12os
2. What shafts are in those irons? Prolaunch Blue Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? I look for performance, forgiveness and unique looks. I also love irons with new technology as I think innovation is key and can help us non pros enjoy the game more.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I've hit the R11's at PGA SS and they were equiped with a regular flex shaft (non fit) and I liked them. They felt and sounded crisp at impact but I couldnt get a good grasp of the forgiveness or what the shot shape would be. With a shaft that fit me better I would hopefully be able to give more accurate thoughts.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm am an active THP member with over 11k posts and I post daily on the forum. In my other testing threads I make sure to answer any questions or give my input on the topics that come up throughout.

My testing plan would include video/pictures as well as on course (1-2x a week) and range sessions (3x a week or more). I would test the irons on their own at first to give my thoughts on how they perform and what I'm seeing out of them. This approach to me removes any bias and allows the irons to stand on their own. After some time I owuld look to compare to the other iron sets I have access too (Razr X's and A12os) to get a comparison.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade TP CB
2. What shafts are in those irons? KBS Tour
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness, Distance and Great look at address
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I haven't tried the R11 irons yet, but would love to. I was deciding between holding out for these or going with the CBs.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I'm slowly becoming more and more active, after the birth of my second child I'm having more time for golf and THP, I've tried to add relevant information when I have it and stay out of other stuff not to clutter the discussion. I'm playing as much as I can with the weather, it's getting a little colder here in Nebraska, but I play and practice as often as I can.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Burner 2.OhWow

2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock

3. What do you look for in irons? Distance,Looks,Playability

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Nope...,but they look great and watching the Morgan Cup interviews makes me likey

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I think it would be weekly range video and weekend playing with indepth Posts about my thoughts!

Thanks!

1. What irons do you currently play? Ping S56
2. What shafts are in those irons? KBS Tour X Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? Workability with some forgiveness. I like to create shots as needed, whether its flighting the ball or working it from right to left or left to right.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not tried the R11 irons, but I certainly like the clean lines and overall look.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I play 18 holes at least once or twice a week, and I generally hit the range once a week (even through the winter here in the Mid-atlantic/NE. I would certainly spend extra time at the range in the beginning of testing these irons and compare them side by side with my current set. I would do a detailed post on this site at least weekly, and I would review the thread every day to answer questions and provide feedback. I am also a regular user of twitter, facebook and linked-in, and would post links to my reviews there.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade Burner 2.0
2. What shafts are in those irons? KBS Tour 90 stiff steel
3. What do you look for in irons? I look for forgiveness and playability. Looks are important since it's the first thin you notice when you pick it up.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I haven't tried it yet. Only held it at a local golf store.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I have access to a driving range and golf course which I attend 2 times a week. I will consistently jot down notes of my findings as I notice things with the irons ie feel and forgiveness on different shots. I will also post up pics to show the durability after each session to describe the wear on the club face and grips. I also have a Skycaddie SGX gps which can help me monitor my distances for each club. This would help forum members monitor my consistency with each irons's distance. I've recent been proactive with THP in the last month and continue to contribute to threads. This is my first signup for a test and won't be my last. Thanks to Taylormade and THP for putting on such an exciting opportunity for us have a chance to test these beautiful irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? Taylormade R9
2. What shafts are in those irons? KBS Tour - regular flex
3. What do you look for in irons? Feel, Forgiveness and aesthetics. Length is great but I'm much more interested in forgiveness and repeatable distances. Let's be honest, I'm a 16ish handicap, workability is not much of a concern for me, I prefer high and straight.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Nope, but I am curious to try them against my beloved R9s and see if there is a huge difference or whether they are more evolutionary than revolutionary.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am a very regular (daily and use Tapatalk) visitor to THP, and while I don't have a huge number of posts that is generally because I only post when I have something substantive to add to a thread. I typically play at least 18 every week, and practice at the range and/or chipping and pitching green 2-3 times a week. I take weekly lessons at GolfTec and will until late November.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade. Really hoping to do some testing!

Another fantastic testing opportunity from THP and TaylorMade!

I currently play the TaylorMade MC 6-PW and the CB 5 iron.

I am playing the TT DG X100 shafts in these irons.

I look for consistency, which to me is a combonation of consistent distance, consistent trajectory, and some forgiveness.

No, I haven't had the opportunity to hit these irons, but they look gorgeous and I know those who have been reviewing them from the MC are enjoying them. I think they look like they are a great blend of what make the TP line and the Burner lines great.

I am an active participant on THP and enjoy giving and receiving feedback on various products. I am able to practice 2 times a week and I play golf a couple of times a month. Even in the winter, I have an indoor practice facility with a simular so I could continue to give constant feedback during the wet months and living in Oregon I can play golf all year long (just need to wear my rain gear). I would report on my findings and thoughts after each practice session and round, as well as test out any specific requests from my fellow THPers.

Thanks again to THP and TaylorMade for this amazing opportunity! I have enjoyed following the feedback from the MCers on these irons and am excited for some additional feedback from the THP community.

These are dream clubs and whoever is chosen to test these will be mighty lucky. Good luck to everyone (especially me, hehe) and a huge thank you to THP and TaylorMade who continues with solid support of all of us.

1. What irons do you currently play? Testing Adam's a12 OS, Nickent 4DX Pro's prior to that
2. What shafts are in those irons? True-Temper Performance 85 regular flex

3. What do you look for in irons? Distance, workability, forgiveness

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts?I have not had the pleasure, but hearing great things

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Long time THP member who has tested several times. I start with the range and compare distance, ease of use and workability before going to the course and putting in play. I post pictures, video and a full detailed list of characteristics I see in the item's I test. I post to YouTube, Twitter and Facebook. I'm on THP multiple times per day to post and answer questions about the products I test. Did I mention how beautiful these iron's are? They really are!

Wow- every golf magazine I've received lately has the R11 advertisement so I've been wanting to try these out.

1. What irons do you currently play? Cobra S9 (2008) 4-GW
2. What shafts are in those irons? Graphite Design YS 55g
3. What do you look for in irons? Forgiveness first, then soft feel on pure strikes and mishits, added distance is a bonus
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not tried them yet- love the thin toplines, intrigued by the weight port
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I check the forums several times a day and I've started posting regularly. I've noticed that THP members value having players of different levels trying out the products. Some of my playing partners are single digit guys so I can post video/still shots of them trying the irons as well as myself.

Thanks to THP and Taylormade for the opportunity to learn more about the R11 irons.

1. What irons do you currently play? Adams Idea Pro Forged
2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock Graphite Stiff Shafts
3. What do you look for in irons? Feel, workability, and control.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No, as I have transitioned back into golf after a long break, I have kept the same mindset about playing as I did long ago. With that said, I am a feel player (Not mechanical) who looks to work the ball with a variety of shots and different clubs. Course playability and conditions drive my shot making.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? The intial testing process would occur on the range to gain feel and workability of the irons. Then I would play them for 10 rounds under a vareity of conditions and locations to test the feel, workability and control of the irons. Additionally, I would gather feedback from playing partners of various levels of how they liked the clubs. As a tester, it is important to gather as much data as possible to given feedback to the forum for an honest and unbiased assessment.

Back