Forum Testing Signup - TaylorMade R11 Irons

Ugh! There´s so much cool testing about to happen on THP! Not much season left here, but will enjoy reading about these irons! Good luck testers!!

1. What irons do you currently play? Playing a mix of X18's and Hogan forged Edge
2. What shafts are in those irons? Stock shafts, Stiff on the X18's, and the hogans just say "edge" on some stickers...
3. What do you look for in irons? I want an Iron that helps me... Pocket cavity seems forgiving enough, so I tend to like them more. Solid feel, and if it looks good that's always a plus
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not had a chance yet.... but from what everyone says, they are a must!
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?
I get 2-3 rounds a month,
I also get out to the range once a week to hit at least a bucket so I can give the irons the time they need. I believe I can offer the forum members what they like to see/read in a test. I have the time to get out and play golf so I have the time do dedicate to testing. I can put a set of irons trough a series of range sessions, and a few rounds a month as well. That will allow me to test the irons in a wide range of conditions and on different grass types. I enjoy irons and think I am good enough to be able to enjoy the testing, and to be able to provide the THP members with answers to any questions that they may have. I have enough time during the work week and weekends to do this, and I spend time on THP daily.

Ugh! There´s so much cool testing about to happen on THP! Not much season left here, but will enjoy reading about these irons! Good luck testers!!

You need to move to Florida... There's golf year round if you can stand the summer heat!

What an unbelievable opportunity for a high number of testers!
1. What irons do you currently play?
TaylorMade MCs
2. What shafts are in those irons?
KBS Tour - Stiff Flex
3. What do you look for in irons?
Performance, trajectory options, consistent miss.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts?
Yes - At the Morgan Cup I tried the R11, with the same shaft I currently use. They are very sweet irons, more forgiving than the forged line. I hit them a bit further than with the MC irons. On the 8iron I was getting about 10 more yards. They sure are pretty, I am a bit bummed I didn't go with the R11 irons for the Morgan Cup to be honest.
I am pretty active on THP, I am here every day, even on weekends! My testing process would be as objective as possible, and I will be able to do head to head comparisons with my TM MC irons, as well as my older set of Nike Irons. I play 2-3 times a week, and I practice about once a week. For testing, I would check in daily, and answer any and all questions posed to me.

What a great testing opportunity, Thanks THP and Taylormade!
1. What irons do you currently play?-Mizuno MX 300 6-PW
2. What shafts are in those irons?- True Temper Dynalite Gold XP Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons?- Great looks, Forgiveness, Distance, Great sound, Good Spin, Nice High Ballflight without ballooning
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts?- No I have not and it has been killing me, I love everything about them
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level?- I would test these on the range and on the course multiple times per week (2-5x) and give a review after each time with videos, pictures, and writeups. I will be honest whether its good or bad. I am a very active forum member with over 4,000 post, I try to give my feedback when needed and help with anything I can. If I am not golfing or working I am on THP, I plan to be here for a very very long time. Thanks again for another testing opportunity

Nike VR Pro Combo's 3-PW

DG S300

Forgiveness, Accuracy, Feel, Looks and turf interaction. I am not real concerned with distance because I feel that I can adapt my game to the distance I am getting from the clubs.

I haven't hit them, but I did look at them in the store. I thought they looked great and I really liked the size difference and the offset difference throughout the set. I have been playing my Nikes for a few months now, so they R11's did appear somewhat larger than what I have gotten used to, but I don't think it would take any time to adjust to them. If I had gone straight from my Ping ISI's to the R11's I don't think there would have noticed the size of them at all. It's just that the Nikes are SO small.

I have been a member here for several months now and kind of started off slow because I was just getting back into golf after a 10 year layoff and I didn't really feel that I had much to add. I was just soaking in all the new club info and tips. Since then, I have been more active and am on the forum several times a day - either on the computer or on Tapatalk on my phone. I am a member at the local country club and would be testing the clubs several times a week on the course and the range. The range at the CC is a bring your own balls/shag bag, so the first thing I would do is replace all the ball in my shag bag with Z-Stars that I have been playing with so that my testing results from the range and course would coincide. Since the range is a bring your own ball type, I would be able to get pictures and video from out on the range to show the consistency in distance and dispersion. The course at the CC is open year round, so I plan on playing every chance I get through the winter as long as it's a halfway decent day. My testing would include full reports from rounds played along with video and pictures and I would be checking in throughout the day to answer any questions that might come up. I would also be comparing them to my current clubs for distance, accuracy, feel and playability. My plans also include multiple rounds playing with just the irons and a putter to put myself and the clubs into varying situations, and to test the length and forgiveness of the long irons. I have been playing the best golf of my life lately and really like my current clubs, but I can't help but think that clubs like this would offer a little more forgiveness and accuracy and would improve my game even more. I don't know if time would allow once the testers are chosen, but if it happens to be me, I would try my hardest to get up to the TMP Lab at Olympia Fields Country Club for one of their fitting so that I can get the full Taylormade experience. If not, I know my specs from my current clubs, but I would go get fit again locally just to see if anything has changed over the last few months.

Thank you THP and Taylormade for this opportunity.

Ping G15s 5-PW

Steel, Regular, Stock Ping shafts

Looks, play-ability, technology and consistency

Only briefly in Golf Galaxy when I was looking at these, the JPX800s and G20s. Read a few review threads so far on multiple sites/forums.

5. Tell us about your testing plan & activity level on THP?
Practice at the range at least 3x per week. Usually 1 round a week, sometimes 2. For testing would incorporate these into my game and range time through real comparisons to the Pings. I'd love to make note taking, stats, pictures and even videos a part of the testing (just got Casio FH100 for high speed action). I am a newer member to THP. Enjoy checking in daily.

k

I would be honored to become a tester for the Taylormade R11 irons! I currently play Ping i3's with Ping Cushin zz-65 shafts, which I was fitted for approximately 11-12 years ago, so it's definitely time for new clubs! I'm looking for a forgiving club that's "easy" to hit but keeps traditional lines and feel. Although I haven't tried the R11 irons yet, they are on the top of my list primarily because of the reviews I've read on THP.

If chosen I would expect to play 1-2 times a week at a minimum at different courses. By playing various courses I would be better able to conduct a thorough test of these irons since every course offers different conditions. I live in Colorado so testing at elevation would be provide a unique perspective of these clubs!

Thank you THP and Taylormade for this amazing opportunity!!!

callaway x-14 3-9i
true temper golf dynamic s300

i like anything that gives me forgiveness,but great feel and confidence.
i haven't tried the r11 irons yet.
i would hit the range atleast once per week and the course 2-3 times per week with plenty pics and vids of my progress.i would report back on here each night especially after a session with the irons and answer any questions people have.
my level on thp is quite high for the time i've been here,i'm on here all the time and contribute as much as i can

big thanks to tm and thp for this great oppertunity.

Last edited:
Wow! Thanks THP and TaylorMade for this awesome opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Nike VR Full Cavity
2. What shafts are in those irons? True Temper Dynamic Gold HL R300
3. What do you look for in irons? I like my irons to be forgiving, but also have distance as I am not the longest of hitters. Turf interaction is also key as I am not a sweeper of the ball, so the club must be able to get through the turf cleanly.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not had a chance to hit the R11 irons.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? For testing, the irons will be used on the course and at the range. I usually play a minimum of 18 holes a week and spend at least an hour at the range, not including warmup time before rounds. I will try a variety of shots to include fades, draws, knockdowns, and high & soft shots. I will be able to test the irons in a variety of conditions as courses in my area vary from private and semi-private to municipal. As far as my activity level on THP, I am on the site daily with a current daily post count of just over 3. I contribute when I can add to a conversation or help another member out. I have been involved in other testings for clubs and golf balls and believe I have done a good job with those. In addition to updating the THP testing thread, facebook and/or twitter will also be updated with my findings. I look forward to the opportunity and thanks again to THP and Taylormade!

Cleveland CG16
Cleveland Traction 85 Stiff (Steel)
A combination of feel, distance, forgiveness, and sound.
I have not yet tried them since I just got my irons earlier this summer. Definitely on my todo list though.
Having just gone through an iron evaluation process, I would most likely follow that again. That is, take them to the range to see how they perform and feel relative to other clubs and see how I like them. Then on the course I would pay particular attention to flight and distance since I'd then be using my golf balls and not range balls. Currently, I play at least once a week and do a range session at least once a week as well. I am also a full-time dad, employee, and part-time student, so time is at a premium and I have to prioritize. Unfortunately, that sometimes means that the THP forum has to take a back seat, but if I get chosen to test, you can be assured that THP will take higher priority. Oooo... and golf, too! ("But honey, I have to go play golf and test these irons...")

Ping G2 Irons 5-PW

CS Lite Steel Shaft, regular flex

Distance, feel and some amount of forgiveness...and of course looks can be a factor. Most of all though I look for consistency, if they aren't consistent and can't repeat good contact, then they are not for me.

No, I have never tried them. I do intend to try them on a launch monitor in the near future though.

Testing would involve direct comparisons between my current irons and these irons at the driving range and on course. I go to the driving range 2-3 times a week and hit the course at least 2 times a week. Although I am a new member to the forum I have become fairly active posting almost every day. I will continue to be active and contribute useful posts to the community!

PING S56 irons
Project X 6.0
Solid feel. Distance. Workability. Number 1 though would be confidence standing over the ball, knowing that you can hit the shot you need to.
I have not hit any TaylorMade irons, except for 6 balls with the R9's. This will change on Tuesday of next week when I go to the TaylorMade Performance Center to get fit driver through putter!!!!!
I try to post every day, as much as possible. I have really enjoyed the reviews on THP on everything from drivers, irons, wedges, through putters, as well as tools and devices to make the game more enjoyable. I would test the R11's agains my current set for distance, workability, forgiveness, and confidence standing over the ball. I would also give them a full workout several times a week at the range and post how each iron performs. I would also use them on the course every round I play for the remainder of the season which is 2-3 times a week. I have been a very active member for the past 8 months or so once I got more comfortable on the website. This activity level will continue with the review of these clubs. I could also shoot video of the irons on the range and the course as I recently purchased a small hand held video camera!
Thanks again TaylorMade and THP for another excellent testing opportunity!!!!!

Im going to sit this one out guys. Iron testing deserves some on course time and we only have like 6 weeks left to our season (if that). Good luck to all!!!

What a great opportunity for everyone! I'm going to pass due to my senior year in college and trying to find time to test these Burner 2.0s, but I can't wait to see how everyone's feedback compares to ours in the other thread. Should be fun to follow.

Wow to another shocking testing opprotunity. Thanks to THP and TaylorMade for this awesome chance!
1. What irons do you currently play? I currently play Wilson Di-9's
2. What shafts are in those irons? My irons have the fat shaft that is uniflex.
3. What do you look for in irons? I look for some forgivness along with playability seeing I'm slowly working my handicap down.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No I haven't tried these out. I did try out the Burner 2.0's.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing procedure would be to Start out with random visits to the range Filming and photographing. From there I would bring them to the course and start playing with them. I have just joined a mens leauge that plays on Thrusday nights so this would be a great opprotunity to put them in somewhat of a competitive type test. I would update everyone on THP of my results compared to my old clubs and my improvements movng forward. I also have facebook and twitter accounts that I often frequent!

Thanks again for this awsome opportunity :thp: and TaylorMade!

1. What irons do you currently play? Cobra FP 4-GW
2. What shafts are in those irons? Aldila VS Proto-HL Stiff Mid Kick 70g graphite shaft
3. What do you look for in irons? a combination of distance, forgiveness, and the ability to stop it around the greens
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No I have not tried these yet. I have read all about them from the Morgan Cup thread, videos, thoughts and reviews from the MC'ers. With such a great response from the players these iron sound sweet!
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? My testing would consist of comparing these to my current set and reporting back ball flight, controlability, forgiveness, distance gaps between all irons, stopability around the greens, and believe me lots more, these irons deserve the feedback and THP'ers that get chosen for this should get all possible details needed. I am on the range and course approximately 4 times a week and the weather in California is great right now for some long term testing with these amazing irons!! I would use both written reviews in addition to photo and video feedback weekly. My activity level is high. I spend a ton of time on the forums and I enjoy everyday of it!

BIG Thank you goes out to TaylorMade and The Hackers Paradise for another AMAZING opportunity!

Oh boy! Fantastic opportunity here! Thanks to Taylormade and THP for this amazing testing! Anyways, down to the signup:

I play the Taylormade R9's.
The stock KBS 90 steel shafts in a regular flex are still in them.
I'm not looking for too much more in an iron than my R9's provide. They give me distance, a bunch of forgiveness without hurting performance, and they are good looking sticks. One thing that I would like to see out of an iron that my R9's don't provide is a high launch. I launch the ball low to start with, and the COG of the R9's is not terribly low. I also like to see a touch of workability, but not so much that it sacrifices too much forgiveness.
I have yet to hit the R11's because I haven't yet seen a lefty set!
I am able to get out and play golf 6-7 days a week because my school has its own golf course. I can get to the range at least twice a week, and play on the course just about every other day. I would compare these directly to my R9's which I think would be cool because with the same shaft, we would really get to see the pros and cons of each clubhead specifically. Also, being out on the course so much often puts me in various lies and other predicaments, so I often have to get creative. This would put these irons through a rigorous testing because they would be used in just about every situation imaginable! I would incorporate pictures and videos along with extensive writeups after each and every use of these clubs. I would share my thoughts on Twitter, on Facebook, and with anybody else who will listen.
I am an active, contributing member of THP. I've only been here for 2 months now, but I'm able to be here every day and have made some great friends in the process. I am currently testing the Greensaver divot repair tool, and I just love seeing my reviews directly influence the opinions of other members!

I just would like to thank THP and Taylormade one more time. I'm not sure if you guys realize just how happy you are going to be making 5 THP'ers in a few days.

I would love to be able to throw my hat in on this, but I'm sure I could not handle testing a full iron set along with my current responsibilities. Jealous of whomever is chosen for this one!

1. What irons do you currently play?TM Burner Plus 4-AW
2. What shafts are in those irons?Burner 85 steel Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? My next set of Irons will be something with a smaller head and thinner sole but still have some forgiveness to them as my ball striking still needs some work.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? I have not had a chance to hit the R11's yet but they seem to have what I am looking forward to in my next set of irons.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I will take these out and compare these to my current irons(TM Burner Plus) both on the course as well as at the range. Since joining THP I have been pretty active on the forums and enjoy reading the reviews of others. Reading the Vision thread lead me to getting with Boz and getting myself a sample pack.

A BIG thanks to TM and THP for another great opportunity for the members of the best forum out there.

1. What irons do you currently play? MacGregor MT Mid, 4-PW

2. What shafts are in those irons? Steel shafts w/ Stiff Flex. Micro-step 95 grams.

3. What do you look for in irons? Something that is visually appealing, inspires confidence, and has lots of forgiveness.

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Have not tried the R11's. Reviews on THP and other sites are positive.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? As far as my activity level on THP, I read a ton of the articles on THP to stay current w/ the latest golf trends. I am an fairly active member of the forum. If selected to test, I would diligently put the clubs through the paces and post my honest assessment of clubs on THP, Facebook, and Twitter. I would also write a final review of the irons at the end of the testing period.

Thanks TM and THP for the tremendous opportunity!

1. What irons do you currently play? Titleist AP2 (2* flat)
2. What shafts are in those irons? KBS Tour stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? Mostly feel...but after that I look for dispersion and trajectory.
4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Not yet. I really don't like the Burner 2.0's and to be honest that has been a detractor from this set. That's mostly due to the Burner 2.0 sole, so I am interested to see how these perform. I have to admit that I am somewhat predisposed to dislike them (because of the light weight), but I am willing to let myself be won over.
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I am fully open to videotaping as many steps as requested. I will be at the range and/or course 3 times per week and will give updates about performance.

1. What irons do you currently play? TaylorMade Tour Preferred MB

2. What shafts are in those irons? Dynamic Gold S300

3. What do you look for in irons? Mostly feel. I like to know when I hit it wrong and how I hit it wrong. I like to be able to work my irons left, right, up, down. I do not like to look down at a giant chunk though so I guess a thinner topline as well.

4. Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? Not yet, I just recently hit all of TaylorMade's clubs at a demo day but these were not yet released and I have recently purchased a set. they are a really nice looking iron that seems to have a bit of it all packed into them. Would be fun to test them out.

5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? Testing process would be a mix of hard range time and full 18 hole rounds. I also practice a great deal at my house in my yard.
My activity level on THP would be pretty high. I have been here for a while now and am usually on the site every day trying to give input whenever possible. I try to give my thoughts and reviews on equipment I have personally tried.

Obviously a great opportunity. Thanks THP and TM! I also really like the example review thread and I
encourage more to follow this. This is what we owe to THP and the OEM's, at a very minimum.

1. What irons do you currently play? Srixon Z-Star
2. What shafts are in those irons? Nippon 1050gh Stiff
3. What do you look for in irons? In order of immportance: forgiveness, distance, looks (confidence inspiring), workability
4.Have you tried the R11 Irons? Thoughts? No, have not tried. REALLY want to!
5. Tell us about your testing process and THP activity level? I go to a full length practice facility ~2-3x/week and play 18 hole rounds 1-2x/week. These would obviously be in the bag full time and I would post after every experience with them and answer any and all questions. I would check in on the review
thread a minimum of 3-4x/day and spend ~3 hours/day on the THP forum. I would post pics, videos, and I would be able to do a Trackman comparison with my current irons and any other irons available at the Trackman/demo facility and post data. FB and Twitter would also get lots of mileage. I fully believe that THP and OEM's deserve a lot of our time and honest feedback for giving us these great opportunities.

Last edited:
Nike Victory Red Full Cavity
Stock UST Victory Red R 80 Graphite :confused2:
Distance, repeatability, feel, moderate forgiveness, moderate workability, mid-high ball flight, looks
Have not tried the R11s, but have tried out the R9s. I loved the R9s, but they were a little to pricey for me to buy a new set of irons. I loved the ball flight and feel, and although they weren't the longest, they were some of the best-looking, most consistent, forgiving GI irons I've ever played.
I plan to take these out to the course for a minimum of 9 holes a week, more likely 18. Also, I plan to go to a nearby range to hit the ball and maybe get with a launch monitor to get some numbers. I would probably do an in-depth review of each aspect of the club: looks, distance, forgiveness, ball-flight, etc., constantly updating my thoughts after each session. As for my activity level, I haven't been the most active, but I've been pretty moderate. Although I don't spend too much time posting, I do spend a lot of time reading to get some info to help with my golf game and purchases. I'm definitely hoping to get more active, and have been as of late.

Thanks to :thp: and :taylormade: for this great opportunity!

Back