I've been on my 3 days a week routine. This is the second week of 3k meters. Hoping to bump it up to 3.5k next week and keep it going to my goal. Feeling good and excited to keep it going.

Got a quick 32 minutes in this morning. Good to be back in the swing on the row machine.
14D1C322-48D7-4E76-913E-19070747348A.jpeg

Started doing intervals last week. 1k with a 2 minute break. Been getting 4K total and feeling good.

Does anyone else’s RowErg throw one weird interval per session? The last few times I get one interval that is 1/4 of the actual time.

I’ve been swapping up various intervals and today did a calorie based variable interval. Pretty proud of those last 3…. Capped it off with an easy 2250m to get me past 6000m on the day.

I was telling my wife it didn’t feel like I’d been on my game here of late but my split times argue with me.F69A9D6A-4B96-4989-B2D9-13261448AC9A.jpeg

Put on a Killers playlist and put in some work.
o1573EE3E-9931-482E-BBA9-70989F26C87E.jpeg

It’s 5k Monday… let’s go!

Did a solid 8500M this morning to be a little proactive before i gorge myself.

Got the day off to a good start.
B3C7BB00-05DB-4CED-86B9-3DDB9120DCB5.jpeg

96171C63-247F-492E-9422-B4B7DA45960C.jpeg

Did a quick 4 miles today in 31 minutes. Doing 2-3 sessions a week at the moment.

It’s 5k Monday PLUS golf fitness workout. LFG!

I finally might be getting back to using our rower. We were at my in-laws for Thanksgiving and they have an awesome gym setup in their house with a nice rowing machine and I used it a few times when we were there. Used our rowing machine for the first time in 6 months or more on Saturday. Feels good to be active again. Just need to keep it going.

I finally might be getting back to using our rower. We were at my in-laws for Thanksgiving and they have an awesome gym setup in their house with a nice rowing machine and I used it a few times when we were there. Used our rowing machine for the first time in 6 months or more on Saturday. Feels good to be active again. Just need to keep it going.
It's addictive once you get back in the saddle! 👊(y)💪

It's addictive once you get back in the saddle! 👊(y)💪
It is! I got my Concept2 a month ago as of yesterday:

Concept2_Day.JPG

I've taken a bit of a hiatus from it, though. That December 300k steps challenge was kicking my backside. Starting to get easier, now, so I should be able to get back to rowing sometime this week or next.

I had a super productive session this morning:
68EA9A9B-8F47-4909-94AE-932823826BEA.jpeg

31 minutes this morning. Through on a Pavement/Replacements/Pixies playlist and the DP World Tour.

I just bought a Concept2, and it should arrive either today or Monday. I've started looking at various iOS apps that work with the PM5 monitor...is there a specific app that anyone really likes?

I just bought a Concept2, and it should arrive either today or Monday. I've started looking at various iOS apps that work with the PM5 monitor...is there a specific app that anyone really likes?
ErgData is awesome. It’s Concept2’s app and connects easily to the PM5 and the Concept2 log. Even has the WOD automatically each say

I just stick with their ErgData app to sync back to their logbook to track everything. I highly recommend Dark Horse Rowing beginner videos on YouTube to get form down. Ease into it for sure!

Got my Hydrow in this week. Been hitting it every day with easy beginner workouts. Even those are challenging for my out-of-shape self.

The Hydro was expensive, but I'm glad I went with it. Having a coach rowing along virtually definitely helps me get into the workout and it absolutely helps having the workout planned for me. I have a harder time imagining myself to get motivated to get on if all I'm going to look at is a stats screen. Kudos to those of you who can. The other benefit of the expense is it motivates me not to let the thing sit there, given the price and the subscription. It's also super-smooth and super-quiet. Great build quality. My kids are using it too over their Christmas break, which is great.

My plan is 6 days-a-week, even if all I can muster is a 10-minute very relaxed row.

Another nice row today. It was 0 here most of the day so it was conducive to indoor work.
271F9370-F816-46A7-875D-A3ADC9B66B26.jpeg

Back