Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

i've seen the holes that guy digs, he deserves all the golf and party time he can get!!
I am sure he is very busy and hard working...I was just busting his chops a bit.

I only showed y'all a picture of one of the unpleasant ones. There's only been a few of those. Most of the digging is easy, just getting 5-8 dug a day is a pain.

Bust away wulff. I'm always a fan of passing the banter back and forth.

Ok now I am curious to see the picture.

Ok now I am curious to see the picture.

I think it was in the banter thread a while back. Here it is. The 16" to 28" zone was pure flagstone before I got back into soil.

Glad you made through Hell's Alley up here Dirt, lol. We get our share for sure. In fact it's booming out there again right now, sounds like round two. Have fun with Wulff, wish I was along, but duty calls.

I think it was in the banter thread a while back. Here it is. The 16" to 28" zone was pure flagstone before I got back into soil.

No wonder your arms look like tree trunks, lol.

No wonder your arms look like tree trunks, lol.

It is my curse. The funny thing is I just had my swingspeed clocked while back in civilization and found out you actually swing faster than me. I was averaging around 90-92mph with the driver and you mentioned in your thread yeaterday you were at 96. Of course my #'s were not the "let the big dog eat" swing that you witnessed.

It is my curse. The funny thing is I just had my swingspeed clocked while back in civilization and found out you actually swing faster than me. I was averaging around 90-92mph with the driver and you mentioned in your thread yeaterday you were at 96. Of course my #'s were not the "let the big dog eat" swing that you witnessed.

You hit plenty of big dogs at Iron Horse. Like the one on #4, I think, off the hill. Had that not gone a bit right you would have had a flop shot into the green, lol. Or, the dog leg where I turn it too much. You hit that over the trees to middle of the fairway. We still couldn't keep up with ol Dog!

Well our round is over at Hillside Golf Course in Sidney, NE. This place was beautiful. I was happy with my 47 and 48. The SuperFast clubs were feeling nice with their new shafts, now I just need to hone my direction. Royalwulff shot a great 48 and 42. He told me that he'd never broken 100 before on this course so things were going well for him.

Here is the result of my second shot on 18, it was a bit of a pull. Royalwulff is in the background. I don't think I hit the clubhouse. I got a nasty bounce off the road.

a3bc0295.jpg

Great to hear you guy's had fun. Looks to me like the club house is darn close to the green, lol.

Great to hear you guy's had fun. Looks to me like the club house is darn close to the green, lol.

I wish that was the 18th green. That's only the practice green. The green I was aiming for was probably 30 or 40 yards to the right. Oops.

Well I had the opportunity to play a round of golf with and really enjoy the company of Dirt Guy. You guys were right he was bombing the ball! :shock: We had a great time and really enjoued the course. Most of my photos didn't come out but a few did. Dirt is the cute guy (according to my daughter) on the left.

this is a 140 yard par 3, The tee box is way below us in the trees on the left by the cart path and yes those are full size trees down there.

This is the first tee box looking back DOWN toward the green. You can barely see the flag on the front of the green and yes theyare still full sized trees down there. I was really struggling with my short game but managed to have my best round there ever. I had never broken 100 on this course till today with a 90. Dirt has lots of game also, just the rough managed to swallow him up a couple of times.

Good stuff Wulff and DG. Looks like a nice course and a fun time. I hope we get the chance to play Wulff and again with DG.

Good stuff Wulff and DG. Looks like a nice course and a fun time. I hope we get the chance to play Wulff and again with DG.

Looking forward to it there duey! Maybe we can get some more to join us also.

man, the weather was gorgeous! looks like a sweet course. glad you guys had a great time. i love when thp'ers get together for some golf.

another good time1, we'll all havta join up, maybe halfway, like Hastings, hehehe

another good time1, we'll all havta join up, maybe halfway, like Hastings, hehehe

Sounds good to me. The course's here are ok, but nothing special. There's a real nice course right there at York I hear. I've stopped and looked from the club house, but not played it. Very hilly and lot's of water, but pretty short.

Sounds good to me. The course's here are ok, but nothing special. There's a real nice course right there at York I hear. I've stopped and looked from the club house, but not played it. Very hilly and lot's of water, but pretty short.

Sounds like a plan!

I'd be game when I pass through in September.

what days in Sept are you coming back through?

Probably start the drive back east on the 7th or 8th. I'll get it locked down next month when I see how my progress is going.

Well... I finally have my trip back to Indiana scheduled. I'll be leaving Wyoming September 7th and traveling along a lot of I-80 again. I'll be staying in Sidney, NE on the 7th and Des Moines, IA on the 8th before returning back to Indiana. Anyone free and interested in a round that's along the way? Duey, I know you mentioned Hastings/Grand Island or possibly coming west the last time we crossed paths.

Sounds like fun to me. You'll be coming by GI on the 8th? We can play GI or Hastings, although GI is closer to the hiway for you. The courses ther are super flat, but generally set up very nice. Southern Hills here in Hastings is pretty nice and has hills. Either way.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Yup, I'll be passing by on the 8th (Wednesday). Either spot works for me. 15 minutes off the trail for a few hills doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. I guess we'll see if anyone else chimes in.

Sounds good. If any one from Omaha/Lincoln joins in we could meet in York (heard it was a very nice course and hilly as well), or go back up that way like last time.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

I'm ot going to be able to make it, I will have to work both of those days.

Back