Midwest Golf Get Together THP Style

2 thumbs up for me for a 2 dayer
Hey Spray welcome to the AARP. :act-up: Hit that mark in July. lol
Hey , Check your private message ;)

Sorry check the wrong inbox. Sure will give ya shout.
OK , I will be waiting for the shout :D . The only course I have been playing since I picked golf back up a few months ago is Pine Bay .

I vote Des Moines!

Des Moines could work well. I might even be able to get my ex BIL involved in that (he lives in Ankeny). I've played quite a few Des Moines area courses.

That is, if I can make it. With my schedule, I won't know until last minute. If I can, I will try to get MO_Hacker involved.

Odds are I'm out of this one though.

Des Moines could work well. I might even be able to get my ex BIL involved in that (he lives in Ankeny). I've played quite a few Des Moines area courses.

That is, if I can make it. With my schedule, I won't know until last minute. If I can, I will try to get MO_Hacker involved.

Odds are I'm out of this one though.
You're ex's name is Bill? :bulgy-eyes:

Spoiler
You know I'm messin' with ya, but that's what first struck me reading your message! Hope you can pull off the trip, we'd love to have you again!

Sounds like a lot of interest for a Fall "Last Chance to Play" outing. DanO, Dakotagolfer, P4B, Smally, Mo_Hacker, Dirt_Guy, BullDog, JRod, Spraytech, Myself and I bet some of those guy's living right there that came last year would make a good field. Where the heck has Mo-Hacker, DanO and Dakotagolfer been, lol. It would be great to see those guys again. Hope you and MO can make it Smally, I just went through KC last night and waved at you. Did you see me?

I'm def interested but a 9 hour drive is probably out of the question...the problem is there is nothing between Omaha and Des Moines.

How far is it from Des Moines to Omaha? I've not been to DM in years. That would make for a long haul for the Wichita guys I'm guessing.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

How far is it from Des Moines to Omaha? I've not been to DM in years. That would make for a long haul for the Wichita guys I'm guessing.

2 hours.

6.5 from Wichita to DM.

according to google maps DM is only 45 min further than Omaha from Wichita. Its closer to KC.

I'm up for anything driveable from Nebraska then, lol

I'm up for anything driveable from Nebraska then, lol

Yah I know there is alot more people in your area than mine (Hawk and I LOL) so I don't wanna sound selfish...just trying to find something that is relatively the same distance for everyone!

Sounds workable to me, not sure about everyone else.

Des Moines is closer for me too, but I'm not scared of another trip to Omaha (depending on how my schedule works out)

It looks like Des Moines would add another 1.5 hours for myself and DakotaGolfer. We'd also have to get Dano to travel and fork over $ for a hotel as opposed to staying with DanO. I am certainly not against it if it means more people can participate. It is doable so if the majority prefers DM then I say let's go for it. Are we officially looking at the weekend of October 9th?

It looks like Des Moines would add another 1.5 hours for myself and DakotaGolfer. We'd also have to get Dano to travel and fork over $ for a hotel as opposed to staying with DanO. I am certainly not against it if it means more people can participate. It is doable so if the majority prefers DM then I say let's go for it. Are we officially looking at the weekend of October 9th?

Yah I need to know a date also before I commit...Oct is really busy for me.

Edit: Also I wanna make it clear to pick a spot that is most convenient for the majority...it's really hard for me to do things like this on really short notice so I am probably the least likely to make it. If Omaha is 10x easier for everyone else than by all means go there! :D

Thanks for the realistic post JRod, my biggest fear would be that we decide to move it to Des Moines but then have someone who was originally pushing for that location not be able to make it in the end.

Dates that will not work for me are the weekend of Oct 2 and Oct 16th. Otherwise I think I'm pretty open. October 23rd weekend would probably be my top choice but I think Duey and Bulldog say that wouldn't work for either of them, is that right fellas?

Thanks for the realistic post JRod, my biggest fear would be that we decide to move it to Des Moines but then have someone who was originally pushing for that location not be able to make it in the end.

Dates that will not work for me are the weekend of Oct 2 and Oct 16th. Otherwise I think I'm pretty open. October 23rd weekend would probably be my top choice but I think Duey and Bulldog say that wouldn't work for either of them, is that right fellas?

And this is exactly what I don't want to happen P4B. If this was a month+ away I would be fighting for DM all the way but the realistic chances of me making a date only 2 weeks away just isn't all that viable. You guys do what works best for you and we can schedule something closer in the spring...or given enough time a trip to Omaha isn't out of the question by any means! Between letting work and my normal Saturday group getting a heads up to find a sub its just too much of a risk.

Yes, my daughter is due October 24th and the most they will go out is a week, so realistically I shouldn't plan anything after the 22nd. I don't know how far it is from Omaha to DM, but I'll do what ever the masses want.

What's the plan here? P4B, did I hear that you had DanO on it? I say we set up for Omaha or we'll run out of time to do at all, what say you?

What's the plan here? P4B, did I hear that you had DanO on it? I say we set up for Omaha or we'll run out of time to do at all, what say you?
Let's make the call of Omaha and on the weekend of October 9 and 10th. I'd say let's shoot for a round each day. Would a little later work on Saturday followed by a little earlier on Sunday? Say like a 2 pm start time on Saturday and a 10 am or so start time on Sunday. This would mean only 1 night in Omaha so that should help keep the ladies at home happy.

Officially here is what I propose:
Saturday October 9th, 2pm tee time location TBD Omaha
Sunday October 10th, 10am tee time, location TBD Omaha

We'll start with that, who's in?

I think I can make something around that time work.. I would say play 18 at woodland hills on Saturday, the Huskers play a later game so going @ 2:00 p.m. would be perfect because people will be at home preparing for the game vs K.State. Sunday we could play at Indian Creek which is yet another fine course here in the Omaha area. It has 27 holes, but 9 of those are being "remodelled"...

I'm up for Oct 9th and 19th and the times sound right. With a 2PM tee time anyone wanting to play an early round can spend the extra night or stay later on Sunday for another round. Count me in.

Back