Nicklaus ML4 Driver - Forum Testing Review

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread, it is without a doubt my favorite testing thread on thp. I am happy with my current driver, yet I can't help but wish it had a tad more forgiveness. Enter this thread and the amazing feedback you all have given and I really begin pondering.

Thanks to each of you for being so thorough, and glad to see you back on the course Sean.

--
tapatalk
Thanks for the kind words SW...in all respects. :)

I have a love/hate relationship with this thread, it is without a doubt my favorite testing thread on thp. I am happy with my current driver, yet I can't help but wish it had a tad more forgiveness. Enter this thread and the amazing feedback you all have given and I really begin pondering.

Thanks to each of you for being so thorough, and glad to see you back on the course Sean.

--
tapatalk

I agree Danny, this is my favorite testing thread at this time too, I am like you I love the R-11, just wish it was a little more forgiving on those days when the swing stays home instead of going with me to the course.

Thanks for the words guys! I know to me personally that truly means more than you know.

Its been a blast getting to test this one out, its opened my eyes more than I ever anticipated it would and that, to me, is awesome as it gets.

Glad I was part of this, and glad I could help in your pondering sw and dd lol

I tapatalk better then I golfatalk

Today wasn't a good driving day, the slice bug is back, until a guy in my grow showed me my stance was jacked up and I was too upright, and last two drives were mid flight screamers, hopefully this will continue, both were straight and about 260... hot damn , sound feel and forgiveness are all awesome as always , please give this driver a go if your in the market

Today wasn't a good driving day, the slice bug is back, until a guy in my grow showed me my stance was jacked up and I was too upright, and last two drives were mid flight screamers, hopefully this will continue, both were straight and about 260... hot damn , sound feel and forgiveness are all awesome as always , please give this driver a go if your in the market

Nice Matty. Your stance fix is like what my damn grip fix did for me the other day. Little things first, then let this club do the work because we know that it will!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree Danny, this is my favorite testing thread at this time too, I am like you I love the R-11, just wish it was a little more forgiving on those days when the swing stays home instead of going with me to the course.
Thanks to you too DD. I hope you get the opportunity to try the ML4 sometime.

Mid-flight screamers are good Matty...glad you found the fix. :)

Mid-flight screamers are good Matty...glad you found the fix. :)

indeed, cray how having an open stance will make me slice the ball..

ML4 Update

I couldn't figure out while I was having so much trouble driving the ball today, and then I get to the 4th hole, make solid contact with the ball, and as my head comes up...I see the ML4 head go flying down two sets of tee boxes coming to rest at the back of the forward tees. Poop. Now I have to go shaft shopping.

000_0187.jpg

ML4 Update

I couldn't figure out while I was having so much trouble driving the ball today, and then I get to the 4th hole, make solid contact with the ball, and as my head comes up...I see the ML4 head go flying down two sets of tee boxes coming to rest at the back of the forward tees. Poop. Now I have to go shaft shopping.

000_0187.jpg

AHHHHH! Graphite failure!

Ouch Sean, I recently cleared out most of my driver shafts or I'd send em to ya buddy. Dang, dang-dang.

Thanks anyway Jman. I can't believe how lucky I was that I didn't lose the head. There is a pond immediately to the right of the tee box and woods to the left. The head went dead straight...and as it is the tee boxes radically slope off to the right toward the pond...it bounced a good 50 yards.

Thanks anyway Jman. I can't believe how lucky I was that I didn't lose the head. There is a pond immediately to the right of the tee box and woods to the left. The head went dead straight...and as it is the tee boxes radically slope off to the right toward the pond...it bounced a good 50 yards.

Yeah, what was bad could have been absolutely terrible. I guess you can look at it the one way that now you get to do some shopping haha

Someone ate their wheaties lol

I'm...in...love.

Round 1: Home Course (Pull Driver!)
38/40 = 78 (+6)
10/14 Fairways Hit
1/4 Within 10 Feet of Fairway
1 Drive OB Left (Hooker!)
1 Drive lost in the middle of the damn Fairway!! ARGH!
Long Drive = 285 Yards
Short Drive = 240
Average = 265ish

Dear ML4/RIP/Harrison-Shotmaker combo. If I could marry you, I might. But I fear not the backlash of what my wife would think, instead how ugly our babies would look.

Sincerely,

James

Round 2: Home Course (Pull Driver!)
37/40 = 77 (+5)
10/14 Fairways Hit
2/4 Within 10 Feet of Fairway
Long Drive = 290 Yards
Short Drive = 250
Average = 265ish

Oh. My.

20/28 on fairways hit today. That's just crazy talk. Not to mention I was MASHING the ball. I know that my game as a whole is coming together very well right now and that makes a difference but the ML4 is SHINING right now. Penetrating bombs with the absolute cutest little baby fade ever. This combo fits me, I need to not tinker with it any more. Seriously.

Have I mentioned Love?

Great stuff Jman!

What do you think of the Harrison Shotmaker? How'd you know what load factor to choose?

Great stuff Jman!

What do you think of the Harrison Shotmaker? How'd you know what load factor to choose?

I love it. It does 'deaden' (not the word I'm looking for but it'll work) the feel a bit but you still get plenty of feedback. Biggest thing is how much more stable the shaft feels through impact, I mean it truly truly makes a difference, I was skeptic, but I honestly think when paired with the right shaft for you and a damn good driver head, this sucker works. I went off my most recent swing speed plus a little because of the added flexibility I've gained and weight lost. Feels great. If you ever decided to try one let me know and I'll send you my tools so no one has to buy a tool as well, just the shotmaker.

I love it. It does 'deaden' (not the word I'm looking for but it'll work) the feel a bit but you still get plenty of feedback. Biggest thing is how much more stable the shaft feels through impact, I mean it truly truly makes a difference, I was skeptic, but I honestly think when paired with the right shaft for you and a damn good driver head, this sucker works. I went off my most recent swing speed plus a little because of the added flexibility I've gained and weight lost. Feels great. If you ever decided to try one let me know and I'll send you my tools so no one has to buy a tool as well, just the shotmaker.
Thanks! I've heard a lot of positive things about it. How'd you know what load factor to choose? D, E, F, G?

Thanks! I've heard a lot of positive things about it. How'd you know what load factor to choose? D, E, F, G?

Swing speed and tempo led me to F, it was, IMO borderline with that and E but I'm still pretty quick at the top.

I'm just so thrilled that this and the RIP have made the ML4 even better for me, it just lets this head shine. Its so damn underrated its stupid.

Swing speed and tempo led me to F, it was, IMO borderline with that and E but I'm still pretty quick at the top.

I'm just so thrilled that this and the RIP have made the ML4 even better for me, it just lets this head shine. Its so damn underrated its stupid.

I'm happy you found such a great combo Jman! :)

I'm happy you found such a great combo Jman! :)

Me too buddy. I just really wish more people had the chance to hit one of these, it would create lots and lots of believers IMO.

I'm...in...love.

Round 1: Home Course (Pull Driver!)
38/40 = 78 (+6)
10/14 Fairways Hit
1/4 Within 10 Feet of Fairway
1 Drive OB Left (Hooker!)
1 Drive lost in the middle of the damn Fairway!! ARGH!
Long Drive = 285 Yards
Short Drive = 240
Average = 265ish

Dear ML4/RIP/Harrison-Shotmaker combo. If I could marry you, I might. But I fear not the backlash of what my wife would think, instead how ugly our babies would look.

Sincerely,

James

Round 2: Home Course (Pull Driver!)
37/40 = 77 (+5)
10/14 Fairways Hit
2/4 Within 10 Feet of Fairway
Long Drive = 290 Yards
Short Drive = 250
Average = 265ish

Oh. My.

20/28 on fairways hit today. That's just crazy talk. Not to mention I was MASHING the ball. I know that my game as a whole is coming together very well right now and that makes a difference but the ML4 is SHINING right now. Penetrating bombs with the absolute cutest little baby fade ever. This combo fits me, I need to not tinker with it any more. Seriously.

Have I mentioned Love?

Crazy good there buddy, sounds like a match made in Heaven.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Man you guys have me pondering a new shaft

I tapatalk better then I tapaputt

Crazy good there buddy, sounds like a match made in Heaven.

Tap,Tap,Tap

Thanks Duey, I honestly could boy be happier. I plan on putting lots and lots more rounds on this bad boy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back