Premier League 2011-12 season (Spoilers)

Utd had the youngest average team age yesterday. Red nose is building a new squad

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

Fabregas on his way to Barcelona. Passed the first part of his medical

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk because I am away from my Mac

WOOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!!! The Fabs saga is finally over and the Gunners actually got a good amount for him. Now sell Nasri to City and start buying!!!! I'd like to hear ST's thoughts on some guys Arsenal should buy. I say they need to buy Samba (£10 million plus Sébastien Squillaci), Jan Vertonghen (£15 million), Éver Banega (£10 million), Eden Hazard (£25 million). Play a 4-2-3-1 with Sagna, Samba, Vertonghen, Verm on the back line, Song and Banega in defensive midfield, Gervinho, Wilshere, and Hazard in attacking midfield, and RVP up top. City is going win this match that's about to start 3-0.

Last edited:
We're gonna watch in about 15 minutes so we can FF thru the halftime.

15 Minutes in, and we're handling Man City, no probs... Jack Army !!! :)

Seriously though, I thought we'd be 3 down by now :D

City needs to put Tevez in there as soon as possible.

Edit: Dumb comment since he's not even active for this match. Haha

Going to watch the second half. Hoping Aguero makes an appearance (assuming he is in the squad)

Going to watch the second half. Hoping Aguero makes an appearance (assuming he is in the squad)

He was warming up before the end of the first half, so I would assume he's coming in. I don't understand why they don't take one of the defensive midfielders out and add another attacker up top.

Yes he came on and scored 2 goals and set up a third. City have a bargain by the looks of it

WOW. What an appearance. Its early but he looked phenomenal and he's only 75% fit. Great start to his City career.

With that start I guess you could soon start saying Tevez-Who?

He looked good, and City played some nice footy.

I'll admit, Aguero to Silva to the back of the net seems backwards to me...

I'm not so sure the Gunners made off all that well. They're only getting 29 mil euro's up front with a further 10 mil in team and player performance clauses which aren't due until 2013-2014. Beisdes it's going to be like trying a buy a player when your City or Chelsea. Everyone knows you have the money so they add 20% to the cost.

Still a lot of holes to fill, espcially after that Newcastle game. LB, CB and a couple of mids are glaring as is a backup striker for when Van Persie goes down (don't even start with that's what Chamkah is for heh). I'm willing to bet Wenger thinks that Ramsey and Wilshire can carry the creator load for the season which is a load of something. Samba, Jags, Vertong, Baines and Vargas would be what I would look at defensively.

Montolivio is running out his contract at Fiorentina and would be an excellent Fabs replacement. Put something in to get Hazard next year as Lille is going to want him for their Champs League run this year to get more money for him if he rocks it up. Moutinho would be a great CAM as well. If Arsenal wants to look at a 4-5-1 then Veloso would be a great partner to Song in front of the back 4.

Also there should be some serious consideration to putting Arsahvin back to his normal CAM position in the middle and getting a new winger.

I doubt they would stump up the money but that Gotze kid at Dortmund is absolute shenanigans. Kagawa and/or Honda would also be great pick ups.

By the by Bangera for 10? I seriously doubt it espcially after the display he put in last season. Anything less then 15-17 would be a steal

What a debut by Aguero. 8-1/2 minutes to score a goal (was almost only 2 minutes) and 2 goals in half an hour. He's very aggresive, I'm so glad to see that. Glad to see Dzeko get a goal. He seems very likeable.

Mancini needs to keep playing 2 center forwards. He has the personnel to do it and what the team did with just one the first 57 minutes wasn't working.

Tied for top of the table with Bolton. Only home team to win the first week.

Great game today by City. The Aguero move changed the game in a heart beat. Swansea just didnt have an answer to him. Really excited for the rest of the year.

This is pretty cool. The leading scorer in the league has played for one-third of a game. Aguero sure had a good game. Hope it continues.

This week's TV schedule. All times Eastern.

Saturday August 20:
Sunderland v Newcastle, 7am, FOXSoccer.tv
Arsenal v Liverpool, 7.45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
Everton v QPR, 10am, FOX Soccer
Chelsea v West Brom, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer, (available on delay on FOXSoccer.tv at midnight)

Sunday August 21:
Norwich v Stoke, 8:30am, FOXSoccer.tv
Wolves v Fulham, 9am, FOXSoccer.tv
Bolton v Manchester City, 11am, FOX Soccer, (available on delay on FOXSoccer.tvat midnight)

Monday August 22:
Manchester United v Tottenham, 3pm, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes

What a debut by Aguero. 8-1/2 minutes to score a goal (was almost only 2 minutes) and 2 goals in half an hour. He's very aggresive, I'm so glad to see that. Glad to see Dzeko get a goal. He seems very likeable.

Mancini needs to keep playing 2 center forwards. He has the personnel to do it and what the team did with just one the first 57 minutes wasn't working.

Tied for top of the table with Bolton. Only home team to win the first week.

He´ll have a heck of a time trying to balance the team if he goes for two forwards. Silva and Aguero feeding of Dzeko could be lethal, but it will take one heck of a balancing act. It´ll be interesting to follow City. If only Benitez had a shot at City he could simply tinker away forever with a squad like City´s:banghead:

He will be mad to not play Arguero all the time if you ask me

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Future-News-Aguero-says-Premier-League-is-821?urn=sow-wp4203

Wed Aug 17 02:15pm EDT

Future News: Aguero says Premier League is ‘too easy’
By Brooks Peck

future_news_aguero_says_premier_league_is_too_easy.jpg

After coming off the bench to score two goals and set up another during his Premier League debut in Manchester City's 4-0 win over newly promoted Swansea City, Sergio "Kun" Aguero has stated that the league is far too easy for him.

"To be honest, I'm very disappointed," Aguero told reporters at Man City's training ground. "I thought this was the best league in the world. But everyone is so bad."

Spurs legend and fellow Argentine Ossie Ardiles has tipped Aguero to win the Golden Boot in his first season with the FA Cup winners -- a prediction with which Aguero himself seems to agree.

"I feel like everyone is playing a joke on me. Even my teammates. I tell them to play for real, but they continue to be inferior. I asked Gareth Barry if he was a real footballer or an accountant pretending to be one and he started to cry. What is going on here?"

Despite his poor first impression of the Premier League, the Argentine international, who scored 20 goals for Atletico Madrid last season, remains hopeful that his view will change as the season goes on.

"I think I might tie my legs together so I only score two or three goals every game instead of five or six. I'm starting to feel bad. Gareth Barry won't stop crying."

Spoiler
It's a joke, hehe.

Standings after one week in the ESPN Premier League challenge:

1. JT723 65 points
2. DevRickus 55
3. homerdog 52
4. Smallville 49
5. MikeF 42
6.McKillian 40
7. Fairway2Green 33

http://sports.yahoo.com/soccer/blog/dirty-tackle/post/Future-News-Aguero-says-Premier-League-is-821?urn=sow-wp4203

Wed Aug 17 02:15pm EDT

Future News: Aguero says Premier League is ‘too easy’
By Brooks Peck

future_news_aguero_says_premier_league_is_too_easy.jpg

After coming off the bench to score two goals and set up another during his Premier League debut in Manchester City's 4-0 win over newly promoted Swansea City, Sergio "Kun" Aguero has stated that the league is far too easy for him.

"To be honest, I'm very disappointed," Aguero told reporters at Man City's training ground. "I thought this was the best league in the world. But everyone is so bad."

Spurs legend and fellow Argentine Ossie Ardiles has tipped Aguero to win the Golden Boot in his first season with the FA Cup winners -- a prediction with which Aguero himself seems to agree.

"I feel like everyone is playing a joke on me. Even my teammates. I tell them to play for real, but they continue to be inferior. I asked Gareth Barry if he was a real footballer or an accountant pretending to be one and he started to cry. What is going on here?"

Despite his poor first impression of the Premier League, the Argentine international, who scored 20 goals for Atletico Madrid last season, remains hopeful that his view will change as the season goes on.

"I think I might tie my legs together so I only score two or three goals every game instead of five or six. I'm starting to feel bad. Gareth Barry won't stop crying."

Spoiler
It's a joke, hehe.

Somewhere you know a "journalist" at the sun might actually think this is a real story.......tssss

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2011/08/17/2624317/arsenals-samir-nasri-close-to-manchester-city-deal-report

Arsenal's Samir Nasri close to Manchester City deal - report
The French midfielder has been linked with a move to the Etihad Stadium all summer, and it has been suggested that he could be on his way within the next 24 hours.

Arsenal midfielder Samir Nasri is on the verge of completing his move to Manchester City, according to BBC Sport.

The transfer is expected to go through within the next 24 hours and the Frenchman is believed to be moving to the Etihad Stadium for around £25 million after rejecting a contract extension at Arsenal.

Speculation has been rife all summer about whether the former Marseille man would leave the Gunners, and it appears that he is now edging nearer to the exit door.

Nasri, who was nominated for the PFA Player of the Year last season, has this week labelled fans who sang an offensive chant about him in the game against Newcastle as "disrespectul".

If he was to depart, he would become the second big-name midfielder to leave Arsenal this week after captain Cesc Fabregas moved back to Barcelona.

Saw that. And Wenger is ready to "pay up 30 or even 40 million, if he finds a player he wants". So he´ll probably raid some junior team then?

Saw that. And Wenger is ready to "pay up 30 or even 40 million, if he finds a player he wants". So he´ll probably raid some junior team then?

Ha, I know what you mean.

Been an Arsenal fan for 30+ years and in my early days went to every home and away game.

I really think that Wenger needs to get 3 new players, all with a proven track record and experience if we are going to compete this season. If not I fear we won't be in the Top 4 this year.

Ha, I know what you mean.

Been an Arsenal fan for 30+ years and in my early days went to every home and away game.

I really think that Wenger needs to get 3 new players, all with a proven track record and experience if we are going to compete this season. If not I fear we won't be in the Top 4 this year.

I think it will be hard for Wenger to score 3 players for 30-40 millions up to Arsenal standard(I assume we´re talking ready products) since the entire football world knows he needs players bad and has a big wad of cash burning his pockets.

I don´t see you guys finishing in the top 4 this year unless he gets Messi-quality in quickly.

Back