Premier League 2011-12 season (Spoilers)

Nasri arrives at Man City.

Signed a 4 year deal now

Wenger really needs to get with the program and get a few signings done.

Wenger is ruining this season. He says Gervinho and Oxlade-Chamberlain replace Nasri and Fabs equally. Still no defense. Chamakh, Rosicky, and Bendtner are useless. Looks like a long frustrating season for Arsenal.

---
- Using Tapatalk on my phone, so I apologize for any errors or delayed responses.

Cheers,
Tristan

Bendtner likely won't be there when the window closes. Same with Alumnia and Squil

Bendtner is bad, I think Chamakh is ok but I really like Walcott playing more forward.

They reportedly put in a 22£ offer for M'Villa, they really need another midfielder.

Anyone know more on 18yr old Myaichi ?

Arsenal is in deep trouble right now. Wenger needs to get his act together quickly if he doesn´t want to see the club move backwards thru the prem. Being labeled a feeder club is murder on trying to sign big names. And supporting a feeder club must be hugely frustrating(?!)

If he does sign 3 or 4 players quickly things just might turn around.

Anyone know more on 18yr old Myaichi ?

Speedy, good dribbler, has a good eye for goal and the through ball. Needs a bit more consistency with his shot and crosses though. He had an excellent loan spell with Feynoord last year. I think his ideal position would be on the left of the 4-3-3. This would left him cut to the middle with the ball, run on to through balls fed down the wing and give close in supply to Van Persie.

He's not there yet but not far off either. I'd take him over Ox right now by a long shot.

Dang, you scout for Arsenal? Great analysis ST!

Side note, huge goal by RVP! Being in the Champions League will probably help with courting more possible signings!

Arsenal made it. Should make it easier to attract some players and help with the wages. Nice penalty save although I never caugt the actual foul?

Arsenal made it. Should make it easier to attract some players and help with the wages. Nice penalty save although I never caugt the actual foul?

Handball on Vermaelen I think, they didn't show it on replay though.

Dang, you scout for Arsenal? Great analysis ST!

No, but I should heh.

Frankly the best thing to happen to Rio could be the departure of Clichy. With Clichy and his runs down the left, the left mid and forward had to be aware to cover as well as shift in to the middle as an outlet. This generally catches younger players out who's defensive and covering positional strength might not be the best yet. If they could get someone who is good defensively on the left and knows how to feed through and when to overlap to give Rio an out it would be a pretty awesome setup. Really, they need one of those on the right to do the same thing with Ox as he grows into the role.

If they could get him, Sissoko from Lyon would fit the bill but he's cup tied now. Taiwo who joined AC from L'OM on a free would have been great for this as well.

Valbeuna from L'OM would also be a fantastic pickup as a SS/LWF/LSMF. Might be too old for Wenger but the ability is certainly there.

Anyone else watching/watched the Champs League draw? There are some very interesting groups, A, E and F look well contested.

Group A:
Bayern Munich
Villarreal
Manchester City
Napoli

Group E:
Chelsea
Valencia
Bayer Leverkusen
Genk

Group F:
Arsenal
Marseille
Olympiakos
Borussia Dortmund

Meanwhile Man Utd and Barca get handed cakewalks.

Full group listings: http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/947987/champions-league-group-stage-?cc=5901&drawssff

Going to have a ponder and then put up some thoughts.

I missed the draw. Looks like there are at least a few interesting groups. Shocker that United and Barca get easy groups. Haha. Arsenal got lucky yesterday against Udinese, but I'll take it.

---
- Using Tapatalk on my phone, so I apologize for any errors or delayed responses.

Cheers,
Tristan

I'm watching the draw show now. It's funny to see some of the representatives faces when they get a tough group. The Super Cup should be fun to watch tomorrow too.

Using Tapatalk on my phone, so I apologize for any errors or delayed responses.

Cheers,
Tristan

Adebayor goes to Tottenham from City on a season long loan. Too bad they didn't buy him.

And that is why Messi is a true leader on and off the pitch. He could have wiggled his way into a better position but no, he wanted Fabregas to feel like his contributing to his home team as well as more inclusive so he sets him up nicely for the goal to finish the game off. Beauty volley by Fabs but applause to Messi.

Guerin for Porto had an interesting night. Flashes of brilliance and then the red card. I wonder if that's his statement about what he'll do this season if Porto doesn't sell him to Chelsea like he wants, and frankly fans should want. Watching a front line of Guerin, Mata and Torres would be blinking scary when they're all firing. Plus it would allow Malouda to go to Juve like everyone (Chelsea, Juve and Malouda) wants.

Holy cow, what a weekend in the Prem.

Very convincing win by Liverpool, things are looking good.

City looked really sharp against Spurs. And of course Man U destroyed Arsenal.

If Wenger had a hard time in the press before I guess that´s nothing compared to what he´s about to recieve..........

Sucks to be an Arsenal supporter now I guess?

Dzeko, Aguero, Silva, Nasri - I don´t think City fans are missing Tevez.....:banghead:

Dzeko has really blossomed into a scorer. Last year he couldn't get a goal to save his life and this year he has scored every game. Granted, last year he only played sporadically and this year he's the guy, and leading the league in scoring, just ahead of Rooney. He seems to be such a likeable guy too, always smiling. Quite the opposite of Balotelli.

Four goals today, I think they said he was the fourth City player to score three in a game. He even scored a true hat trick early. Wonder how many scored four in a game?

It a helluva team to be able to have Tevez riding the bench.

Top 5 so far: 1. United (on goal differential); 2. City; 3. Liverpool; 4. Chelsea; and 5. Wolverhampton. I like seeing them in the #5 spot early, hope they can finish top 10.

Last edited:
Have to say that I am impressed with how City have started this season, Dzeko seems to have found his feet

The Utd Arsenal match was a great match to watch

Nothing this week. However, this is what's on the tube:

Wednesday, August 31:
Transfer deadline day on Sky Sports, 2:00-4:00 am, 11:00 am-1:00 pm, and 5:00-7:00 pm, FOX Soccer

Friday, September 2:
Bulgaria v England, 2:15pm, ESPN3.com

Tuesday, September 6:
England v Wales, 2:30pm, FOX Soccer (also shown on replay at 8pm)

This is from http://www.epltalk.com/

Here’s a look back at the good, the bad, and the ugly from week three of the Premier League.

Cheers
  1. Michel Vorm: The Swansea keeper had several top-notch saves that kept the Welsh side in the match, with Swansea earning another point.
  2. Edin Dzeko: With his four goals against Spurs, Dzeko continues his blistering start.
  3. Juan Mata: Welcome to the Premier League.
  4. Wigan: A solid start to the season that keeps the relegation zone safely away.
  5. Leon Best: A solid two-goal performance gives Newcastle hope for the post-Barton squad.
  6. Ashley Young: Wayne Rooney will receive most of the headlines after his hat trick. But Young’s two goals were just as scintillating.
  7. Tim Krul: The keeper had three superb second half saves to secure the three points for the Magpies.
  8. Liverpool: The offseason signings look like they are starting to gel.
  9. Wolverhampton Wanderers: Is European football in the future for this plucky club?
  10. Samir Nasri: An impressive first match for the newly signed City man. The combination of Nasri with David Silva makes the Blues attack that much more explosive.

Jeers
  1. FOXSoccer.tv: Another week, another jeer. Normally, I don’t make it a habit of mocking those that know more about technology than I do, since I barely know how to turn on a computer. However, at this point, the situation has become laughable. Those who tried to log on and watch live matches on Saturday endured more of the same problems. Luckily Sunday’s matches went off without a hitch, so hopefully it will be smooth sailing from here on out.
  2. Luis Suarez: He would have made a bunch of fantasy owners very happy if he had slammed home his breakaway instead of lobbing it over the net.
  3. Steve Bruce: The clock on his dismissal is ticking.
  4. Swansea in the final third: Swansea looks like a top division club on the build up in all of their matches, but they still need work finishing if they want to avoid relegation.
  5. Arsenal backline: I don’t want to pile on the Gunners, but that was an embarrassing display against Manchester United.
  6. Ben Foster: The mix up between Foster and defender Gabriel Tamas gave Stoke a gift goal and continued West Brom’s tough start to the season.
  7. Fulham: Can somebody call Craven Cottage and let them know the Premier League season has started?
  8. Blackburn penalties: For a team that struggles to score points, it’s vital to convert penalty kicks. The fact that they missed two in a 0-1 loss is heartbreaking.
  9. The international break: Just as the Premier League kicks off with some intense and exciting matches, fans are now forced to go without club football for an almost unbearable two weeks.

Manchester City In Last Gasp Bid For Entire 2008 Double Winning Side

The football world was left stunned this afternoon after it emerged Manchester City were about to launch an unprecedented twelve squillion pounds bid for the entire 2008 United side. After securing the services of Owen Hargreaves and keeping hold of Carlos Tevez because no one actually wants to pay his wages, City are keen to add the rest of the squad.

Despite both Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney ignoring overtures from the world’s richest club in the past, in favour of staying at two of the world’s biggest clubs, City’s owners have not been disheartened.

A source from Stockport said: “City are massive club and have realised that United’s success of 2008 can be emulated by us now, so why not buy the entire side? We can afford it. No one moaned when United forked out £30 million for Wayne Rooney, or Rio Ferdinand. United aren’t even from Manchester anyway, if City won the Champions League, we’d be the first true Mancunian side to win it, when Mancini, Toure, Tevez or Kompany lift the trophy.”

City’s bid began with a phone call this morning to try and tempt both Edwin Van Der Sar and Paul Scholes out of retirement by buying them the city of Amsterdam and the town of Oldham respectively. However City’s attempts are likely to end in disappointment after Michel Platini revealed that only Paris Saint Germain are allowed to spend billions on a former Champions League winning squads.

Speaking from his car in the car park Harry Redknapp labeled City’s bid : “Impressive.”

http://redflagflyinghigh.com/2011/08/football-bloody-hell/manchester-city-in-last-gasp-bid-for-entire-2008-double-winning-side

Spoiler
hahaha

Back