Premier League 2011-12 season (Spoilers)

I like the aggressive lineup Mancini had for the game against Wigan, but When he has someone hot like Aguero was, keep him in! With United scoring as much as they are, they are going to have the first tie breaker instead of City. If it comes down to that, City needs all the goals they possibly can get. They don't want to lose the title because of goal differential if they can avoid it.

I agree, that was rather unconvincing.

Have to say, Sinclair (use to be a Chelsea youth player) looked lively and dangerous. He made great dribbles, smart passed and then always made a run into a lane. Too bad they could never hit him with a pass after doing so. I think he'll be a great CAM/WF/SS with a bit more seasoning. All he's really missing is some goals on his resume and perhaps some better players to play with. I actually think he would look ace on Arsenal coming down the right side on their front three.

Champions League broadcasts this week:

Tuesday, September 13:
Chelsea v Bayer Leverkusen [Champions League], 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv (shown on replay on FOX Soccer at 5pm and on FOX Soccer Plus at 8:30pm)
Dortmund v Arsenal [Champions League], 2:45pm, FOX Sports Net and FOXSoccer.tv

Wednesday, September 14:
Manchester City v Napoli [Champions League], 2:45pm, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv (shown on replay on FOX Soccer and FOX Soccer Plus at 5pm and on FOX Soccer Plus at 8:30pm)
Benfica v Man Utd [Champions League], 2:45pm, FOX Soccer (shown on replay on FOXSoccer.tv at 5pm)

Premier League broadcasts this weekend:

Saturday September 17:
  • Blackburn v Arsenal, 7.45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
  • Aston Villa v Newcastle, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Wolves v QPR, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv
  • Bolton v Norwich, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • Everton v Wigan, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • Swansea v West Brom, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
Sunday September 18:
  • Tottenham v Liverpool, 8.30am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv (shown on replay on FOX Soccer Plus at 8pm)
  • Manchester United v Chelsea, 11am, FOX Soccer (also shown on FOX Broadcasting Company on tape delay at either 2pm or 4:30pm)
No televised City game on Sunday vs Fulham, sucks for me!

Here’s a look back at the good, the bad, and the ugly from week four of the Premier League.

Cheers
  1. Phil Jones: Jones moved outside to right back and showed that he is a force to be reckoned with, at that position as well.
  2. Stoke City: They played determined defense throughout the match and took three points against Liverpool.
  3. Arsenal: It wasn’t convincing, but Arsenal gets one in the win column.
  4. Sergio Aguero: He is making it look easy to come and play in the Premier League.
  5. Tottenham: It’s possible that the Luka Modric hangover is over.
  6. Stiliyan Petrov: His right footed smash from outside the area is on the short list for goal of the year.
  7. Daniel Sturridge: Hopefully, Torres was taking notes on how it is supposed to be done.
  8. Wayne Rooney: Back to back hat tricks, eight goals in four games. Has he wrapped up the player of the year award already?
  9. Foxsoccer.tv: I have given this product many jeers so far this season, but this weekend fans finally got what they paid for.
  10. The international break is over: With all the European Leagues open for play and the Champions League kicking off, it’s a good time to be a football fan.
Jeers
  1. Danny Graham: Swansea’s loss can’t be blamed solely on his shoulders, but the Swansea fans wished he would have knocked home one into the wide-open goal late against Arsenal.
  2. Luis Suarez: Strikers go through good streaks and bad streaks. Right now he just can’t seem to find the back of the net.
  3. Kevin Davies: He was lucky to escape a red card after his harsh tackle injured Tom Cleverley.
  4. Ritchie de Laet: His defensive miscue led to West Brom’s only goal in a win over Norwich.
  5. Michel Vorm: Swansea needs to play perfect football against teams like Arsenal. But the goalie’s error gave the Gunners a gift goal.
  6. Bolton: They picked a bad week to stop playing defense.
  7. Carlos Tevez: His penalty miss summed up his performance on Saturday.
  8. Wigan: It appears that Wigan is coming back to earth.
  9. Queens Park Rangers: Four matches, one goal. They will need to learn how to finish to avoid relegation.
http://www.epltalk.com/premier-league-gameweek-4-cheers-and-jeers-34601

Watching the City-Napoli Champions League game on DVR.

Slow game for 69 minutes when Napoli scored on a breakaway, then Kolarov scores in the 75th minute on a free kick for City. Looked like the goalkeeper never saw the ball.

1-1 draw for City in their first CL game.

Not sure how this works; do they have a replay in Champions League or is it just a draw and they play another team next?

Not sure how this works; do they have a replay in Champions League or is it just a draw and they play another team next?

Just a draw, it's a mini league of 4 teams. Top two progress

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Updated TV schedule for this weekend:

Saturday September 17:
  • Blackburn v Arsenal, 7.45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
  • Aston Villa v Newcastle, 10am, FOX Soccer
  • Wolves v QPR, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv
  • Bolton v Norwich, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • Everton v Wigan, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • Swansea v West Brom, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
Sunday September 18:
  • Tottenham v Liverpool, 8.30am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv (shown on replay on FOX Soccer Plus at 8pm)
  • Fulham v Manchester City, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv (also shown on FOX Soccer Plus at 10:30am on tape delay)
  • Sunderland v Stoke, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv (also shown on FOX Soccer Plus at 12:30pm on tape delay)
  • Manchester United v Chelsea, 11am, FOX Soccer (also shown on FOX Broadcasting Company on tape delay at either 2pm or 4:30pm)
(All times Eastern)

Top two teams move on to the knock out round. The group winners get a runner up from another group and vica versa. The third place team gets placed into the Europa league groups and the 4th place team is out of both.

Meanwhile what the fist were the Gunners doing today? Two own goals? Unacceptable. QPR looked a riot against the Wolves as well. Barton and SWP has really livened up the side

Top two teams move on to the knock out round. The group winners get a runner up from another group and vica versa. The third place team gets placed into the Europa league groups and the 4th place team is out of both.

Meanwhile what the fist were the Gunners doing today? Two own goals? Unacceptable. QPR looked a riot against the Wolves as well. Barton and SWP has really livened up the side
How many games do they play in groups? Is it just one agaisnt each team or is it multiple games against each team? Seems like to be fair they would play home and away games against each.

How many games do they play in groups? Is it just one agaisnt each team or is it multiple games against each team? Seems like to be fair they would play home and away games against each.

Home and away against each team and then the 16 remaining teams play 2 leg matches with the final being a one off.

Home and away against each team and then the 16 remaining teams play 2 leg matches with the final being a one off.

Thanks for the info. Being a City fan, I need Champions league scheduling explained, hahaha.

Aguero gets goal #7 on the season in the 18th minute, 1-0 City over Fulham.

Add #8 for Aguero, 11 seconds into the second half. 2-0 City.

Goal for Zamora in the 56th minute, 2-1 City. Hart has been giving up goals this year, good thing City scores a ton.

And then he makes two great saves.

Deflection off Kompany for an own goal in the 75th minute. 2-2 now. Ugh.

Terrible result for City. 2-2 draw. And United beats Chelsea 3-1.

one of the worst misses i have ever seen

GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED!!!! Torres blows.

Ya I'm not sure how he did that still.

I think this game showed that VB's style implant is still a WIP. Cruddy finishing again as well. Lamps is not convincing this season so far

Ya I'm not sure how he did that still.

I think this game showed that VB's style implant is still a WIP. Cruddy finishing again as well. Lamps is not convincing this season so far

even though i'm a leeds fan and cant really complain about other teams. i think in the last few years Lampard and Terry have only looked good because of players around them. Terry had Carvalio making him look like a genius, Vidic did the same for Ferdinand with United. As for Lampard i think he has lacked since the world cup

This weekend's TV schedule:

Saturday, September 24:
  • Manchester City v Everton, 7.45am, ESPN2/ESPN3.com/ESPN Deportes
  • Arsenal v Bolton, 10am, FOX Soccer (also shown on FOXSoccer.tv on delay after midnight)
  • Chelsea vs Swansea, 10am, FOX Soccer Plus and FOXSoccer.tv
  • Liverpool vs Wolves, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • Newcastle vs Blackburn, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • West Brom vs Fulham, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • Wigan v Tottenham, 10am, FOXSoccer.tv
  • Stoke v Manchester United, 12:30pm, FOX Soccer (also shown on FOXSoccer.tv on delay after midnight)
Sunday, September 25:
  • Queens Park Rangers v Aston Villa, 11am, FOX Soccer (also shown on FOXSoccer.tv on delay after midnight)
Monday September 26:
  • Norwich v Sunderland, 3pm (ESPN2)

Watching the City-Everton game from yesterday. Nothing much until around the 65th minute or so when Balotelli scores a long goal, then runs over to Mancini and hugs him first before celebrating. Interesting. Then a few minutes later, Silva has one go off the bar. 1-0 City in the 73rd minute.

Milner get his first PL gaol on a nice pass from Silvain the 89th minute. 2-0 City.

Back